PDA

View Full Version : Mickey crocs at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

weluvdisney
07-13-2007, 06:30 AM
Hi I was in WDW last month and bought a pair that had mickey cutouts instead of the circles. We are headed to DL in a few weeks and my sister in law wants to buy a pair. Do they sell them at DL as well?

CookieBandit
07-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Yup, they do. I don't remember if they have them inside DL (probably), but they definitely do have them in Downtown Disney.

weluvdisney
07-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Thank you. She wants a pair so that will be perfect. Only a few weeks away.

PumbaaMan
07-13-2007, 07:39 AM
I was there last week and they had the Disney Crocs inside Disneyland as well. They come in 2 color schemes - Black with a Red Strap and Red with a Black Strap. They also sell little Disney decorations that fit in the holes. I beleive the shows were around $37. I hope to get a pair the next time I'm there. :p

weluvdisney
07-13-2007, 07:47 AM
you won't be disapointed. I wish I would have purchased sooner. I spent 2 days aching in Shox and bought a pair. Immediately they felt better. The price sounds correct. At WDW they also had pink, green etc

Wendy Bird
07-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Last time I was there (in May) I saw crocs at Disneyland at the first store on the left on mainstreet by the fire station, and in California at the bear shop next to grizzly's river run.

limace
07-13-2007, 09:00 AM
My understanding is that the Jibbitz (the "little things that fit in the holes") don't fit in the mickey shaped holes, just in the round holes on regular Crocs.

And I just bought my pink Mickey crocs on Shoebuy.com for a nicely discounted price-$24, maybe-so you don't have to wait to get them til you get to DL. I'm wearing them to work today, as a matter of fact-hey, it's casual Friday, right?

mousey_girl
07-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I saw Pirate Crocs when I was there in June.

Pat-n-Eil
07-13-2007, 09:23 AM
My wife and daughter both bought some and were glad they did. They think Crocs are ugly, but they liked them better in black & red and of course the mickey cutouts didn't hurt.

I believe they got theirs at The Star Trader shop near the Starcade by the exit of Space Mountain.

babytmakes5
07-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I recently purchased a pair of blue and green Mickey crocs for my little boy at the local Cabela's, which is a sporting goods store. They had them in adult sizes too--and in several color combinations. I've also seen the Disney crocs at Nordstrom's, various carts throughout the malls, and even at our neighborhood Hallmark store. Maybe your friend can pick up a pair before your trip! My kids love their Crocs and won't wear any other shoes this summer...

Enjoy your visit to DL!

DippyDawg32
07-13-2007, 09:33 AM
You'll have to pardon my humor (obviously just mine), but when I saw this thread I could only imagine in my minds eye crocodiles swimming around the Columbia and Mark Twain wearing Mickey ears.

Tinkermommy
07-13-2007, 10:19 AM
My understanding is that the Jibbitz (the "little things that fit in the holes") don't fit in the mickey shaped holes, just in the round holes on regular Crocs.

They don't fit properly. They go in and seem to fit, but they fall out. I bought my daughter the pink Mickey crocs and jibbitz to put in them. When we boarded the tram to leave -- less than two hours after she put the crocs on, half her jibbitz were gone.

I called, and fortunately, they sent replacements. (Actually, they were great about it; they told me to tell her Mickey found them and was sending them back. I love that! I did have to give them my receipt number.)

I think it's very misleading that they sell the jibbitz with the shoes when they don't work well together. I think they should either put a notice on the jibbitz box indicating they're meant for the round-holed crocs (because a lot of people do wear those to the parks!) or invent some kind of clear plastic thing that will make them fit the Mickey shoes. The jibbitz are wonderful -- the details are incredible. That makes it an even bigger bummer to lose them. Not only have we lost them, we've found the ones other people have lost!

The Real Cinderella
07-13-2007, 10:55 AM
This may be a slight derail, but what is it exactly that makes the croc so appealing? Personally, I am from the "they are ugly" school of thought, but I have heard they are insanely comfortable. But how is that true--aren't they plastic? I would think they would get all sweaty and sticky, etc.

Bring on the croc testimonials! Convert me!

bigrockstar
07-13-2007, 12:10 PM
This may be a slight derail, but what is it exactly that makes the croc so appealing? Personally, I am from the "they are ugly" school of thought, but I have heard they are insanely comfortable. But how is that true--aren't they plastic? I would think they would get all sweaty and sticky, etc.

Bring on the croc testimonials! Convert me!

I was totally with you until about a week ago. I thought they were ugly, and being a 25-year-old single guy, thought of them as a little too feminine. Just for kicks, I tried on a pair of "Airwalk" brand croc-style sandals at a local shoestore. I haven't taken them off since (except to sleep and shower, of course)! They are so light, it is as if you are walking on a pillow of air. They are extremely well ventilated. The rubbery plastic does get slightly sticky and sweaty when you wear them for a long period of time in a very hot environment, but as long as you are moving or in the shade, this is not really a problem. I LOVE the fact that they are each one solid piece (plus the back strap). There is no reason to stay off GRR or SM, because they dry so quickly (unlike my shoes). And boy, are they easy to wash! I could walk all day in these. I'll try them out in the park this coming week and let you know what I think then. :cool:

minniemom
07-13-2007, 12:37 PM
They also have the Mickey Crocs at Sportsman's Warehouse if you are looking for them. I think for the kids, the are the cutest!!!

Drince88
07-13-2007, 12:47 PM
There's a thread in the lounge for general discussion about Crocs.

Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=64261)

DizneyMommy
07-13-2007, 02:58 PM
They sell the Mickey Crocs also at the Farmers Market stand in CA between the entrance the Bug's Land and the pier.

I got ours at Nordstrom, and I can't imagine they are any different, but the Disney character jibbitz have stayed in ours for 2 trips to the park and countless romps through the splashing water area at Irvine Spectrum and Fashion Island. I had to really work them to get them in, so maybe what I have is different somehow?

I thought people were crazy putting their toddlers in these until i tried them. My 2 year old loves them and they are the only shoe she can put on by herself (they get worn a lot now!)

Empico
07-13-2007, 08:22 PM
You can also get the Mickey crocs at Disneyshopping.com.

CookieBandit
07-13-2007, 08:33 PM
I just read an article on slate.com about crocs... (about how they don't really support your feet... but people do find them comfy). I guess I didn't notice crocs were so popular these days... until I saw them at Downtown Disney and it was like these are at DL? They must be popular! :p

TTFN92
07-14-2007, 10:11 PM
I wore them at WDW in Feb. The only day my feet hurt were when I decided to wear my tennis shoes. Big mistake! We were there 9 days and my feet were fine. When we go to DL my feet end up hurting the first day. Crocs and Disney are a wonderful combination :D. I have the pink Mickey ones and DH bought me the black and red ones at WDW and gave them to me for Mother's Day. How's that for a good secret keeper and wonderful husband!

tonytone
07-16-2007, 09:02 AM
I recently bought some Disney Crocs for my two little daughters...was hesitant to do so at first--if anything, due to the slight markup that the Disney ones have over the price of regular Crocs--but being able to apply the AP discount to two pairs made the purchase a bit easier to swallow... ;)

shna
07-16-2007, 09:56 AM
On the Crocs website, they say that jibbitz are not compatible with the Disney Crocs. I really wish they'd stop selling the jibbitz with the Mickey Crocs at the park. :rolleyes: I know they had a variety of colors of the Mickey Crocs in the Paradise Pier gift shop when we were there for MouseAdventure in April.

If you go to crocs.com, you may find more colors available than you find in stores. I think they've got some new color combos (especially for adults). I wish they'd make all the kids' color combinations available for adults.

I'd have to say that whatever site said the Crocs don't support your feet is wrong. I used to get back spasms any time I stood for a long period of time -- since I've started wearing Crocs, I've had none. They really are amazingly comfortable. I haven't been wearing any other shoes this summer.

AVP
07-16-2007, 05:50 PM
On the Crocs website, they say that jibbitz are not compatible with the Disney Crocs. I really wish they'd stop selling the jibbitz with the Mickey Crocs at the park. :rolleyes: Disney now has signs on the jibbitz displays that say (in teeny tiny type across the bottom) that the jibbitz are not for use with the adult size Mickey Crocs.

AVP

seanutbutter
07-16-2007, 07:08 PM
I'll never wear Crocs - not even Mickey Mouse ones! :D

samsma
07-17-2007, 07:07 PM
I'll never wear Crocs - not even Mickey Mouse ones! :D

You so dont realize what you are missing out on!
More for me!