PDA

View Full Version : Question About NFCC Convention/ Sale

ladodgerjon
07-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I didn't see anyplace better (appropriate) to post this thread, so here goes...

I feel like a dolt, but I cannot find a listing at the NFFC site of WHEN the member's Disneyana sale is being held.

I know it's this weekend-- but cannot determine if it is happening on Saturday OR Sunday (and at what time).

Can anyone shed a little light on this?

Thanks!

cstephens
07-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Is this what you're looking for? (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=1098323#post1098323)

ladodgerjon
07-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Perfect-- many thanks!

Will you be attending?

cstephens
07-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Perfect-- many thanks!

Will you be attending?

Haven't decided yet. About the only thing that calls to me is the Mickey in Glendale attendance, but I'm not sure it's worth me journeying to Garden Grove so I can spend yet more money...

DLyouth27
07-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm debating over whether I should go or not...Has anyone ever been to this event before? Is it worth it? Any details or pros/cons would be great!

PanFan
07-14-2007, 08:23 PM
I went last year and was delighted to meet Margaret Kerry (live action model for Tinker Bell) and have a nice conversation with David Koenig. And I came home with a few nice collectibles for my ever-growing amount of Peter Pan paraphernalia. I didn't spend very much, but enjoyed looking around at all of the stuff people had to offer. This year I'm especially looking forward to meeting Neal Gabler and Virginia Davis. For $6, even if you don't buy anything, it's a fun way to spend the afternoon.

SteveK
07-14-2007, 10:23 PM
We go every year (we're not NFFC members) and always enjoy ourselves. It's a bit overwhelming IMO as there is so much cool stuff. That being said, I only go looking for specific things or else I'd spend way too much money. Looking forward to picking up David Koenig's new book and a couple of Jeff Lange DVD's this year. Other than that, I'm really only looking for older Disney park books as that's primarily the only thing I collect.
-Steve

cstephens
07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
I ended up going after all, though I didn't get there until almost 3:30, so I only had about an hour and a half. The $5 admission fee ended up costing me a lot more in purchases! I spent most of my time at the WDI tables, mostly waiting in the lines because of all the pins they had out for everyone to look through. I picked up some pins, a couple shirts for the husband, a few boxes of nice attraction poster cards, and then a couple things from two other tables.

ladodgerjon
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I wish I knew you two (Panfan & Cstephens) were going to be there-- it would have been nice to meet and chat (I enjoy your posts very much).

I got there about 11:30, and left around 4:30. I truly expected to only spend 1 or 2 hours-- boy, was I wrong. The good news is that I only spent about $200. I could have easily spent 3 or 4 times as much, but put myself on a STRICT budget.

There was a "the mountains of DL" lithograph that I liked ($185), signed by nearly a dozen Imagineers that I'm sorta kicking myself over for not having bought it.

I enjoyed meeting some of the vendors (one guy, Louis, had some great autographed pieces-- in fact, I bought a signed X. Atencio poster for my son, at a VERY reasonable price).

I also got to chat w/author & former DL & WDW publicist, Charlie Ridgeway; what a pleasant man (I really enjoyed his new book). Greg Ehrbar (MOUSE TRACKS author) was also a lot of fun to talk with.

This was only my second Disneyana convention. The first was nearly a decade ago when I went to meet with some former Imagineers to ask them to appear in my NBC documentary about Walt. The convention is one of the nicest -- and easiest -- ways to meet some of these treasures.

Since I was flying solo (W/out my son), I made the trek to the park so I could grab some shots of the DGallery, and just hang-out to soak in the ambiance. I can't believe Grier is taking this landmark away from all of us...