PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Help

DisneylandBoy
06-29-2002, 09:50 AM
I am going to Disneyland on July 5. I really want to see Fantasmic, but don't want to wait for two hours, if it can be avoided. I remember reading about a trick where you wait behind a light post and it will raise to give you a good view. I don't remember details! If you know about this trick, please help me! Also, which showing is less crowded, the first or second?

Thanks so much!

disguy
06-29-2002, 03:22 PM
Not sure about that one..what I use to do is as soon as the first showing was almost over I'd wait till people would start to leave and then push and shove my way to the front and then only have to wait till the next showing which was not as bad as the first. It irks me when I see people waiting there in the middle of the day for a dumb front row seat!

Rallymonkey23
06-29-2002, 04:56 PM
The area you are talking about behind the post has had people behind it everytime I've been there. So I guess the secrets out.
I would suggest going to the second show. You will only have to wait for about 45 minutes then. Good luck!!

DisneylandBoy
06-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Ok - so besides spending the money to get the priority seats, how can I get the best seats possible without waiting forever? We are going to go to the second showing. Should I just wait for an hour between the two showings? Or can I go about 30 minutes before it starts and still get good seats. Also, where are the best seats? I am taking people who have never seen it before, so I want them to see the WHOLE thing from the best angle!

danyoung
06-30-2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
I am going to Disneyland on July 5. I really want to see Fantasmic, but don't want to wait for two hours, if it can be avoided. I remember reading about a trick where you wait behind a light post and it will raise to give you a good view. I don't remember details! If you know about this trick, please help me! Also, which showing is less crowded, the first or second?

Thanks so much!

I know I don't do myself any favors by posting this, cuz the more people that know about it, the less room there is for me! But here goes -

There are three large lighting towers around the viewing area for Fantasmic! These towers are hidden underground during the day, and raise up on hydraulic poles for the show. The center of these towers is not fully raised till about 10 minutes before the show. It appears to be blocking the view, so not many people will be standing behind it. When the tower raises, you now have an unobstructed view front and center. I try to get there about 30 minutes before showtime, and have never had a problem. And the second show is ALWAYS less crowded than the first one (although there are a lot of people who will watch the Believe fireworks at 9:30 and then try to catch the second F! showing).

Good luck!