PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Concierge

yenko427
07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Just booked the AP rate........now can anyone get me a detailed summary of what the benefits are and how to utilize the benefits to the best of my ability?
Like, do we get into GC early to ride Soarin' etc.? Thanks guys. What a great birthday present to myself!!!

kohl
07-12-2007, 11:58 AM
We have stayed at the GC concierge twice and LOVED it!
To get on Sorin first, you need to talk to one of the CM in the lounge and ask about it. I remember they said not all the CM know about this so keep asking around if a CM doesn't know about it!
All day long they have water, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soda, and whole fruit. They told us you can always ask for a PB & J sandwich, yogurt or banana's. We would ask for a PB &J sandwich everyday for my daughter. It got to the point that the CM's made a contest out of it and my daughter had to judge which one she liked better! The CM's are great.
For breakfast they have cereal, milk, OJ, muffins, bagels, fruit, and probably more I can't remember.
For afternoon tea, they have finger sandwhiches (I think they were veggie and smoked salmon), more fruit, scones and jam, chocolate covered strawberries, and cookies.
For the cheese and wine, they have (of course) cheese and crackers, wine, beer, uncrustable PB&J's (We ate so many of these!!!) veggies and dip, and a hot appetizer.
For the dessert time, they had cookies and milk, you could order a cordiel (sp?), Mickey shaped macaroons dipped in chocolate, and assorted desserts that changed each night. I'm sure I have missed some things but this is bascially what they have.
You can also borrow movies or games to bring to your room and they have storytelling for the kids at dessert time.
This trip we are staying at PP concierge and looking forward to it. I would love to know what they have to offer at PP if anyone has stayed there.

yenko427
07-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Anyone else can add to this? Do they have some type of food out all the time? What are the hours? Sorry, first timer on the concierge thing.

kisroo
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
We were told that you can get into DCA early when they were running EE for Disneyland park. Check with the staff on the time to be down at the DCA entrance.

On the lounge food~kohl pretty much covered it. The schedule when were were there in June was:
6-10am: breakfast
11am-4pm: (not sure if it ended at 3 or 4) "tea time" (tea sandwiches, cookies, MM scones, fruit)
5-7pm: (pretty sure it started at 5) wine and cheese time (veggies, fruit, cheese/crackers, p&j sandwiches, hot appetizers (like little pastries filled with black beans, cheese, etc...)
8-10pm: desserts (cookies, tiny cheesecakes, chocolate covered strawberries...)

Water, pop, tea was available at all times.

While you're there, after you've seen them once in the park (to get the castle effects...) watch the fireworks from the Craftsmen lounge. It was very cool. :cool:

Have a great time!!

~kisroo:)