PDA

View Full Version : Park hours October [through December 2007]

jrad32
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Hoping some of you APers can help me with this one. Planning a trip for the end of October and wondering about park hours. It is not up yet on Disney.com. I understand things are subject to change, but in general does anyone know what the hours for D-land and California Adventure will be during that time period?

Darkbeer
07-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Typical Disneyland schedule, 10 AM to 8 PM during the week (Monday thru Thursday), maybe closing at 9 PM. Weekends are around 9 AM to 11 PM.

DCA hours are a bit more difficult to explain, the typical off-season is usually 10 AM to 6 PM Monday thru Thursday, and 10 AM to 9 PM on the weekend.

But Disney will be hosting a seperate ticketed event at DCA on many days, Mickey's Halloween Treat (MHT).

Here is the list

October 5, 12, 19 and 26 — 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
October 4, 11, 18, 25, 29, 30, and 31 — 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

So that makes DCA's special hours 10 AM to 6 PM on Fridays in October

And then on the other days (October 4, 11, 18, 25, 29, 30, and 31), and the park will be open to the public from 10 AM to 5 PM.

Saturdays in October remain 10 AM to 9 PM (Disney doesn't schedule MHT on Saturdays to allow at least one late night), and 10 AM to 6 PM on the other days that no MHT is scheduled.

cindyland
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Will these same hours extend to early November? We're looking at 11/1-11/3. And why is everything already booked?! We're between seasons! Ugh.

DebT
07-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I have been checking for October hours daily on the Disney website. Thank you for the information Darkbeer. Now I can really start planning my days :)

Kricky
08-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm surprised that the Disneyland website doesn't list the hours and events for DL and DCA for October. When do you think the information will be available? (You'd think they'd have it by now!)

Darkbeer
08-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Actually, the new fiscal year starts October 1st for Disney, and in the past, the Hours and Entertainment are only announced a few weeks ahead of time (around Labor Day).

I would use the hours of September 23rd (last week of the current posted hours) and use that as a guide, it should be pretty close, with the exception of some earlier closings for DCA due to the Special after hour events.

Chadsgal
08-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Thank you so much for asking this question it has been driving me crazy too.

Thanks Darkbeer we have been trying to plan using the hours from the week of Sept 23rd & looked at past DL updates here on MP to see what hours were Oct's past.

Rob9874
08-07-2007, 09:19 AM
I was checking daily, all of July, to find Sept hours. They didn't post them till Aug 1.

talie95
08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
I just emailed disney about this a few days ago since we are going Oct.7-10. They replied that it should be out in the next 10-14 days (and this was about 5 days ago). So I think it should be out around the middle of Aug. We went around the same time last year and if I remember correctly it wasn't posted till the middle/end of Aug. as well.

stan4d_steph
08-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm surprised that the Disneyland website doesn't list the hours and events for DL and DCA for October. When do you think the information will be available? (You'd think they'd have it by now!)Your thread has been merged with a previous thread.

timb77
08-27-2007, 09:42 AM
anybody have any news about October hours?

Andrew
08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
We haven't heard anything specific either, though it is worth noting that Disney's fiscal year ends in September, so they may be working on budgets for the upcoming year and not have schedules ready to share just yet. That's just speculation, however.

akamimi
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
I booked my Disneyland trip for November with WDTC last week and asked about hours for October and November. The travel agent told me they were still trying to figure out the hours for the special Halloween festivities, which is why hours haven't been posted yet. She said they expected to have them up soon for Halloween/October as well as November then too.

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 03:09 AM
FYI, Disneyland.com now has hours posted thru December 27th.

But the entertainment scheudule is still only listed thru September 30th.

tripodjw
08-28-2007, 04:03 AM

Thanks Darkbeer!!!

Been waiting since May for these to go up.

shanbri
08-28-2007, 09:28 AM
The disney site just put up the park hours for the rest of the year. Yea! I've been waiting

Pinkhoody
08-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Looks like they're closing at 9 the days I was going to be there. Does that mean main street will be open until 10?

Probably no fireworks, on the days they close at 9, right?

(we were going to be there on 3 weekdays, Dec 10-12)

Chadsgal
08-28-2007, 10:02 AM
I AM SO EXCITED!! They are going to be open until midnight on 9/29 & 9/30!! They were showing it closing at different times yesterday!! Now I just have to wait for the entertainment schedual to post!

ONLY 30 SLEEPS UNTIL WE GO!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Looks like they're closing at 9 the days I was going to be there. Does that mean main street will be open until 10?

Probably no fireworks, on the days they close at 9, right?

(we were going to be there on 3 weekdays, Dec 10-12)

Actually the Holiday Fireworks are offered nightly, weather and wind permitting.

So it should start at 8:45 PM on the nights the park closes at 9 PM.

Heck, they even offer them on the nights DL closes at 6 PM for the CM parties (5:45 PM)

Pinkhoody
08-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Actually the Holiday Fireworks are offered nightly, weather and wind permitting.

So it should start at 8:45 PM on the nights the park closes at 9 PM.

Heck, they even offer them on the nights DL closes at 6 PM for the CM parties (5:45 PM)

Awesome! As a rule, doesn't main street stay open one hour after DL closes? So might that mean main street would stay open until 10:00 on the weeknights Disneyland 'closes at 9:00'?

Bobbi
08-28-2007, 05:28 PM

I notice that the hours for DL for Sun, 9/30/07 is from 8am to 12am. The calendar is currently showing NO Fireworks or Fantasmic for Sun. Is there still a chance that they WILL show Fireworks and Fantasmic since the park will be open till midnight?

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I notice that the hours for DL for Sun, 9/30/07 is from 8am to 12am. The calendar is currently showing NO Fireworks or Fantasmic for Sun. Is there still a chance that they WILL show Fireworks and Fantasmic since the park will be open till midnight?

There are problems with the listings for the 30th, heck, they mention a Pre-Parade, but then don't show the main event.

I would use the info from Sunday, September 23rd, should be basically the same.

So that is one showing of Fantasmci! at 9 PM, and no fireworks.

Looks like the schedule for most of September thru mid-November, Fireworks on Friday and Saturday nights, and Fantasmic! twice on Saturday, and once on Sunday, with an extra day if it is a three day holiday weekend.

DizneyMommy
08-29-2007, 06:03 AM

Yeah - and word to the wise - DO NOT STAY TO WATCH THEM! On cast member party nights I mean. I made that mistake last year... I thought it was such a genious idea to go watch the fireworks on a night when they were early enough that my daughter would still be awake and alert enough to enjoy them. I swear it took me to 2 hours to get out of the park and to my car. The combination of the park closing early, and the fireworks right before closing mean that nearly every single person in the park is on Main St at 5:45pm and then at 6pm they all turn toward the gate and basically come to a standstill because there are so many people in one spot that no one can move. I can't imagine what that would have been like during a peak time.