PDA

View Full Version : Exact Day of D-land 50th birthday

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
06-28-2002, 10:06 PM
Ok so I am already planning on being at Disneyland on the day it turns 50... I want to stay onsite at the Grand Californian - and I was wondering if any of you guys know the answers to these........ thanks in advance!!!

What is the day disneyland will turn 50 years old ? (I'm thinking Sunday July 17, 2005)

How early does the Grand Californian take reservations in advance?

Who else is planning on being there???? :-) :-) :-)

Nigel2
06-28-2002, 10:11 PM
Well that is the date of their anniversary, but odds are it won't be terribly hard to get a room a few months in advance. It really depends on how big of a celebration they are planing...

blusilva
06-28-2002, 11:50 PM
I will be there come heck or high water.

tjrj
06-30-2002, 08:00 AM
We'll definitely be there during the 50th year. We are debating on whether to be there for the actual day-July 17th-or on Walt's b-day-December 5(maybe 6, can't remember), so that we can enjoy the Christmas festivities as well.

RStar
07-01-2002, 08:32 AM
I'm sure you can't make reservations that far ahead of time, but I would call them at least 6 months ahead to see what they say. Then I'd call back 2 months ahead to verify they still have them and didn't lose them. That's the plan I would use.

You got the date right. And I will definatly be there. I never plan too far ahead for anything, but that is one thing I will plan for! In fact I will be there this 17th as I have been for the past 6 anniversaries.:D

innerSpaceman
07-01-2002, 10:18 AM
Only death could cause me to miss the 50th Anniversary. It will be my 25th consecutive Disneyland Birthday. I never miss 'em, and I'm looking forward to the 50th as the biggest event (so far) of the 21st century.

I, too, will be staying at the Grand Cal. I don't plan on making my reservation till 1 year out. I'm pretty sure that will be far enough in advance.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
07-02-2002, 12:33 AM
Haha how cool!!! Actually to 'maximize' the experience I plan on not renewing my AP when it expires (May of 2003) and taking a break from Disneyland for a while.

I am on my 2nd AP and while I enjoy it and go a lot - the 'magic' factor is down a bit for me personally. I of course want this to 'charge' up b4 the big day

:-)