PDA

View Full Version : Hojo's or Candy Cane Inn?

mijadisney
07-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I can't decide which hotel. We are two adults, two teenage boys and an eight year old. Pricewise, they are about the same. Which would you chose?

Darkbeer
07-11-2007, 02:11 PM
HoJo's is a Hotel, so you have interior hallways and larger rooms.

HoJo's is larger, has wonderful landscaping, 2 great pool areas and wonderful staff. Lots of parking.

Candy Cane Inn is a Motel, so just two stories, and the pool area is in the middle of the parking lot. CCI offers free Breakfast and its own shuttle.

The rates are about the same, though usually you can find a discount for Howard Johnson's (check out www.mousesavers.com) while CCI doesn't really discount. Both offer free parking and free internet, and are the same walking distance to the parks.

Both are good choices, but I prefer HoJo's.

And here is a similar thread (asking for the best walking distance hotel) with a lot of opinions

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=72684&highlight=darkbeer

my2princesses
07-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Candy Cane Inn is our Favorite. The rooms are really nice and comfortable and the shuttle makes getting to and from the park easier.

Michelle

Jim Dear and Darling
07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
How funny. We are going in February and I am debating between those two hotels myself! They are the same exact price!

wwithers
07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
When are you going, mijadisney?

Personally, I way prefer CCI, they have beautiful landscaping, nice rooms and VERY comfortable beds.

Having said that, I'm staying at HoJo's on my next trip because they have an Entertainment book rate of $54. To me, HoJo's is fine. Not fab, but clean, close and comfortable.

(Both are about the same walking distance)

Mark Mywords
07-11-2007, 03:24 PM
For me the big difference is I-5 running right alongside HoJo's. This presents a huge noise issue if you stay in Bldg 1 (the tower). I'm a guy who can sleep through pretty much anything, and all 3 times we've stayed at in Bldg 1 the noise has been bad enough to keep me up.

I book trips about 4-6 months in advance. Everytime I've tried to get something other than bldg 1 at HoJo's, either the availability wasn't there, or the rate was just too high (>$125). I've even called HoJo staffer "Willie" as suggested here on the MP boards, but with no success.

We've had rooms located in different parts of the Candy Cane Inn property. Noise has never been an issue. It's just something we never have to worry about. We usually end up with rates $99-$119. Their breakfast is about as good as once can expect (without actually having cooked items such as eggs and such) and we always take advantage of it to save money. They also have their very own shuttle. We usually just walk, but it's come in very handy a couple of times.

The bad thing about the Candy Cane is getting in. Rooms are reserved well in advance.

jeffthechef
07-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I particularly like the store inside HoJo's. They have beer, ice cream, snacks, etc.. Very convenient after a long day. We stayed in bldg 1 facing DL and had no problems.

DangerMouse
07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
HoJo. Bldg. 2, facing the quiet pool. It's where we always stay and are very pleased with it.

Someday I might try the CCI. But I can't pass up the $49 ent. rate I get at the HoJo.

mijadisney
07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
We will be there next week. I actually have reservations at both properties, so I need to cancel one. We have a Disney view at Hojo's or a deluxe room at Candy Cane Inn. I really appreciate the input. Thanks!!

IdahoMike
07-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I like both hotels, but with a family of 5, with larger kids, I don't know if you would be comfortable at the CCI. The rooms are pretty small. We were able to pull it off with 2 adults and 3 small children (5/3/1) at the time, but it was still a tight squeeze. We had more room to maneuver at the Hojo (and 2 adjoining rooms with mother in law in tow), also had building 2 facing the quiet pool, and it was excellent (and half the price of CCI)

bloodnswash
07-12-2007, 08:31 AM
We have never stayed a HoJo's but I have stayed at the CCI on many many occasions. No complaints from us concerning the CCI.

Jim Dear and Darling
07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Thank you all for the info! Since it's just two of us, we decided to go with a king bed at the Candy Cane Inn. We got a deluxe room for $99 per night, so I feel pretty good about it.

The comments about the comfortable beds sealed the deal. Thanks again!

landj
07-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I have stayed at Hojo's a few times in Building #1, #2 & #3 & never disappointed. Large rooms & nice grounds. Staff always helpful. I used the Entertainment rate each time so had a great deal too.