PDA

View Full Version : Back from DL: Views and Thoughts

SpaceMTJunkie
06-28-2002, 04:36 PM
Hello all. Just got home from my annual DL trip. I am an avid reader of Mousepad and other sites so when I go to DL I feel as if I am there weekly. Below is a few of my thoughts:

Fantasmic: Sat on the balcony for the first time. The most well spent money on the whole trip. To all those debating whether to sit there or not, DO! Dessert was wonderful and you are waited on hand and foot while there. A+

New Splash Logs: Used fastpass all times when riding and pretty much walked on the ride each time. New logs are very comfortable. CM at the bottom of main lift is a joke (or should I say that the lawyers that decided that one are a joke). Ride is a little less bumpy from usual as it seems there is more water in the flume. B

Tomorrowland: Used to be my favorite land, but now don't like it one bit. If it wasn't for Space and Autopia, Tomorrowland would suck, major; wait.......Space and Autopia are the only rides left there. Ohhh well, maybe Disney will pull their heads out soon and return Tomorrowland to it's past glory. D-

Cleanliness and painting: Outstanding as usual. Whole park seemed to be pretty good with the painting aspect. Roof of Pirates over the bird in the queue area needs somes attention, but all in all the park looked good. A-

Security: A very noticable security presence over a year ago. Sept 11 has changed things a bit. B

DCA: In general, what a sack of donkey doodie this park is. We rode 3 rides; Soarin, Screamin, GRR. Nothing else was worth the time. Rode Sunwheel last year, it sucked. Rode Mullholland last year, it relocated my spine. Didn't ride any of the carnival throw up rides at all. Screamin was outstanding as usual. Soarin once again had dust on the film but was good. GRR was good for a little wettness. Hollywood Pictures Backlot was closed one evening for a private party (nothing better than paying for admission to a park that has areas closed off). Electrical Parade was outstanding but would be better in DL under the old name. ODV was no where to be seen during the parade (couldn't find a Churro anywhere). I can see why Disney isn't making any money in DCA. It is hard to make money when there is nothing out to sell. The hours in DCA are a joke. We wanted to ride Screamin in the dark. This is very hard to do when the park closes at 9pm. And I dare anyone to try to find some food in DCA before 11am. Hopefully Disney gets it together in DCA soon. There is so much wasted potential in that park. It could be a great park but isn't. C-

Disneyland Hotel: Service is this Hotel's middle name. Great rooms, great view, and the pool is very cool. A

LAX: I feel sorry for anyone who travels through this airport frequently. What a hassle. D

All in all: A-

Can't wait to see you all next year. :)

MagicBeliever
06-28-2002, 04:50 PM
There was also an interesting occurrence in DCA one morning. We headed over to Screamin at around 10:30, only to find that the ride was being reset. They had completely closed the queue area, so a line was forming and starting to clog the walkway and wrap up around the pier. The CM at the front was telling everybody that it was going to be a while and that it probably wouldn't get going for another 30 minutes to an hour. Amusingly, this didn't discourage anybody, and the line continued to grow and stretch all the way up past the "Picture Yourself in Paradise" poster on the walkway. After about ten minutes of the CM yelling that the ride would most likely be down for a while, they started running the trains through and opened the queue line again.

The funniest part was that the CM kept encouraging people to "enjoy the rest of Paradise Pier" while waiting for the ride to reset -- but it was obvious that nobody in line could find much else on Paradise Pier to occupy themselves while waiting.

Does this type of thing happen often in either park? I've never seen any line-up problems in Disneyland.

coronamouseman
06-28-2002, 04:51 PM
SMTJ: Try Ontario airport next time - has most of the major airlines, no weather delays like LAX or JW can get from fog, easy access both in and out and only 25 miles or so from DLR (all carpool lanes if you are on a shuttle)

In heaven now that Ontario has Hawaiian Air flights daily to Honolulu ...............