PDA

View Full Version : Parking Lot East of Harbor

coronamouseman
06-28-2002, 04:18 PM
Are they still using that parking lot east of Harbor Blvd over where the old Grand Hotel used to be? This was the one where you have to walk all the way to the DLR entrance because the city would not approve Disney trams going across Harbor Blvd .....

Wasn't it rumored that another parking structure was going to be built in that location?

tabacco
06-28-2002, 05:26 PM
That's the pumbaa lot, right? If so, then yes they are currently using it for guest parking, and they have shuttles I'm told.

Rallymonkey23
06-28-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
That's the pumbaa lot, right? If so, then yes they are currently using it for guest parking, and they have shuttles I'm told.

If it is the Timon lot coronamouseman is talking about, then yes, there are trams that cross the road. I remember riding it a few couple years back and some guy blew the light before the RR like crossing things went down and lo and behold..... A cop was behind him and pulled him over!!:D I remeber thinking to myself, I bet that was an expensive ticket!!

Ghoulish Delight
06-28-2002, 05:41 PM
No, he's talking about the one ACROSS Harbor. If you are coming from the 5 on Katella, it's on your right, before you reach Harbor. I don't know if they still use this lot. I've seen it, but never paid enough attention to know if it's in operation.

tinkfreak
06-28-2002, 06:43 PM
There are shuttles from the Pumba lot. They are those huge red trolley-like things that serve other surrounding hotels and such. Before they had those, and guests had no choice but to walk to the entrance, parking was just $5 instead of $7. Once they decided to use a shuttle service, they hiked up the rate. They only seem to use this lot on very busy days. If you're a CM on your way to work, and you see this lot in use, it's gonna be a heck of a day.:rolleyes:

Uncle Dick
06-29-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by tinkfreak
There are shuttles from the Pumba lot. They are those huge red trolley-like things that serve other surrounding hotels and such.
In addition to the red Coach USA trolleys, there are also a few white charter buses that cart around guests. Pumbaa is the first lot to be used after Timon and the Mickey and Friends Structure are deemed full. I believe it's used almost every Saturday and Sunday.