PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Park CD?

my2princesses
07-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi everyone,
I don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good Disneyland Park CD? I am looking for one that has the soundtracks to the rides, Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, Small World etc. Are there any really good CD's that they are selling inside the parks that I can order from the merchandise Dept.? We have been unable to make our regular park trips this year and we are really missing DL so we want a cd that we can enjoy untill we can make it for a visit to the parks.
Thanks so much:)
Michelle

Micki0624
07-11-2007, 02:00 AM
I would try to purchase the 50th Disneyland Box set of CD's. It has all the music from the past 50 years on it w/ like 9 discs and is a great collection!

itig
07-11-2007, 02:26 AM
I would try to purchase the 50th Disneyland Box set of CD's. It has all the music from the past 50 years on it w/ like 9 discs and is a great collection!

Yes, this is a great set. To clarify, there are 6 CD's in this collection along with a hardcover book and a vinyl record (gold or black depending on the edition - gold being a part of the limited 5000 edition)

limace
07-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Wow..I'm not the OP but I want this. Found one on ebay for $145. Ouch, but I bet it's worth it.

CharmingsWoman
07-11-2007, 07:45 AM
There is one that I bought at Best Buy for $14.95, it's the 50th Celebration CD. It has Walt's opening speech, as weel as songs from each land (Main Street has the Quartet and ragtime music, Adventureland has Tiki Room, Indiana Jones and Tarzan soundtracks). I got the last one at my Bets Buy store, but I know that it's still available online. On the cover it has a collage of all the castles from the different resorts.

I love it! We leave next Friday and it makes me anxious to go! We listen to it whenever we get homesick!

Dr. G
07-11-2007, 09:16 AM
You can get the Musical History of Disneyland 6-CD set on Amazon for $99.98 - just do a search for "Musical History Disneyland" and it'll come up. You'll even get free shipping. This is the best CD set out there in my opinion and has longer versions of the ride-throughs.

I remember reading somewhere you could get the set without the book at some of the warehouse-type stores but I don't know if that's still an option.

There's also the 2-Disc Disneyland Official album which is good with shorter clips of the rides.

Good luck! Music from the parks is awesome, but watch out 'cause it'll just make you want to go all the more :)

my2princesses
07-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. I will definitly look into the cd's you all mentioned. I know they will make us want to go all the more, but when you can't go to DL when you want to it helps to at least hear the sounds and pretend your there:D

Michelle

JamesDL
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
This is the CD collection that I bought... http://www.relivethemagic.com/default.cfm?RID=5656&TID=115

Has both the Disney movie + Disneyland songs on it! MUCH BETTER price than the ones listed above.
I don't know if this is against the rules of the board but I have some of the mp3s online, if anyone wanted to hear them.

Gone2Disneyland
07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
You can get the Musical History of Disneyland 6-CD set on Amazon for $99.98 - just do a search for "Musical History Disneyland" and it'll come up. You'll even get free shipping. This is the best CD set out there in my opinion and has longer versions of the ride-throughs.

I remember reading somewhere you could get the set without the book at some of the warehouse-type stores but I don't know if that's still an option.

I paid full price for the boxed set with 6 CDs, the book, and the vinyl record when it first came out, I think it retailed for $129.99. Let me say the biggest surprise of the set (since I knew the music would be an instant treat to listen to) was the book! It's a great coffee table type book, with great photos, stories and anecdotes to compiment the music as you listen to the CDs. There's even a matching metal name plate to the hardcover cloth-bound book that holds all six CDs.

So to pick up the set with book at a discount price thru Amazon is a real worthwhile deal, I think, if you're a Disneyland music lover.

As for the vinyl, I don't think it comes with the current sets anymore, but if it does, it's a novelty that you likely wouldn't play anyway. My vinyl record has never been opened or played (since I already had the music on CD :p ).

my2princesses, hope you enjoy whatever music you end up purchasing. :)

PanFan
07-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Another fan of the Musical History here. I also paid full price when it was out in the park ($129.99) and have more than got my money's worth. Even though I now work at DL, I still love to listen to it. It's got just about everything you could possibly want to get you over an "I Can't Go to Disneyland for a While" hump (or even "I Miss the Disneyland I Grew Up Going to").

JamesDL
07-12-2007, 12:10 AM
I have an mp3 from the Dream Fireworks show. If posting this is against the rules, please delete it.

www.jamlez.com/test/dreamfireworks.mp3

DELETE IT IN 24hours!

Dr. G
07-12-2007, 06:59 AM
my2princesses:

Just had another thought too. There are websites out there that have radio stations where they play music you can listen to through your computer. You can't control what you listen to, since it's just like a regular radio station, but the music is good. For example, www. visionsfantastic.com has a radio station with lots of great park music. There are others too. Enjoy! We live a few states away from Disneyland, so I listen to the music a lot too between our every other year trips!

JamesDL
07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
my2princesses:

Thanks for that site!