PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Standby Waits Now Longer?

coronamouseman
06-28-2002, 03:29 PM
A question for those of you who have ridden Splash Mountain since the new log configuration was installed:

Has the standby wait time increased due to reduced capacity?

Have the FP return times generally been a lot later when you received your FP?

Does this now mean that you have to plan on Splash Mt. being your highest priority when you get to the park because of the longer waits or delayed FP times?

MonorailMan
06-28-2002, 03:41 PM
True, they are longer but, Single Rider! :)

Rode it 4 times with SR! (Just Walked On!) :)

coronamouseman
06-28-2002, 04:23 PM
MM - good point! Since you don't really ride with anybody else in the new configuration, why not go in the SR line? Being "old school", forgot about new SRLs ..........

Works great in Florida on Test Track - standby line there is 2 hours, Fastpass return times are 5 hours later and single rider wait times are 10-15 minutes ............ and since the seating there is 3 by 3, in your standard party of 4 someone is always going to ride with other guests .........

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
06-28-2002, 11:05 PM
shhhhhhhhhh be quiet about the single rider splash mountain.....

yesterday at 2pm the fast pass was spitting out times between 9:55-10:55 and the stand by was 120 mins

I got in 3x in a row with a minimal wait on the single rider line. I did have to wait 10-15 mins thou - as they only let 5 single riders at a time and the single rider line had about 15-20 people in it. What is happening is whole familes are using it now... (instead of waiting 2 hours or not going at all)

justagrrl
06-29-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
What is happening is whole familes are using it now... (instead of waiting 2 hours or not going at all)

They're still making them ride it one at a time though, right? (It's not one of those things that when they get there they try to indicate that they are all together...I hope.) that would wreck it for everyone.

Uncle Dick
06-29-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl

They're still making them ride it one at a time though, right? (It's not one of those things that when they get there they try to indicate that they are all together...I hope.) that would wreck it for everyone.
Some CMs haven't been spliting up Single Rider groups for some reason. A couple of weeks ago, zapppop and I were in the SR line and a CM dude asked me if we were together. I said "Yes" but indicated that we were riding single. He didn't seem to care and let a log go out with one seat empty just to seat us together.

sydney
06-29-2002, 07:50 PM
Yesterday at the park, we stopped at the info board at the hub and saw that every ride had a wait of like 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 minutes. then we noticed splash. 120 minutes. (I could hear the tune of the sesame street "which one of these is not like the others" song running through my head all of a sudden. wonder why...)

Hope they can do something else for next summer. even if it means a splashless winter. ;)

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
06-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Yes they are spliting up the families - but I think the idea behind a single rider line is to fill up emtpy seats with riders willing to go alone - not for groups of people that would rather go together. The reason whole families are using the single rider line on Splash Mountain (as opposed to Indiana or any other single rider que in DCA) is because the Fastpasses are gone so soon and the stand by wait is insane. With 120-150 min waits on Thursdays in June - I'd like to see what Saturdays in July will look like....

Of course with families using the single rider, we'll prob start to see 10-30 min waits for single rider lines as more guests catch on to it... I went 3 times in a row and my average wait was 5-10 mins.

One other interesting bit about the single rider - each time i was instructed to walk up a small bridge over the loading que and back down to the waiting area - this almost always resulted in the single rider taking the last seat in the log. As I have longish legs - they touch the arms of what-ever random person is in seat directly in front of me....

Kinda interesting feeling - there's not much i can do about as the space is confined. I can't think of any other ride that puts strangers that close together to where the skin is touching.

If you just waited 2 hours to sit in a log and was told by the cast member your little son can't sit on your lap and then some stranger's legs are touching the backs of your arms.....

I'm 6'1 and 190lbs... which isn't 'that' big either :-)

;-)

coronamouseman
06-30-2002, 05:07 AM
So maybe it's time for the "Single Rider FastPass" ............

Techie7
06-30-2002, 07:43 AM
Well on 6-29 the line hit 3 hours. There still seems to be a problem with people getting out of logs. Walking into the area zapppop and I saw a teenaged girl out of her log and start walking around on the ledge near the first drop. A large crowd gathered around the bridge into Critter Country trying to figure out what this girl was doing. The ride then went 101 and the announcements and security rang through the attraction. Its things like this that back up the attraction even more then its reduced capacity. It is scary that some people can be so clueless.

justagrrl
06-30-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Techie7
Walking into the area zapppop and I saw a teenaged girl out of her log and start walking around on the ledge near the first drop.

Where is the basic sense of survival here? That ability that lets us escape injury because we know better then to do stupid things?

ah...but then I did a lot of stupid things as a teen too...nothing quite along those lines. I myself am guilty of going to Disneyland "jail" for being a minor in possession of alcohol in the Disneyland parking lot! (What was I thinking?). Yet, I can't imagine getting out of the one of the rides midway through just for the hell of it?

I wonder - did they determine why she did it? ...afraid of the drop... just causing trouble...