PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Barbeque not closing?

Pages : [1] 2

houseofmouse
07-09-2007, 10:46 AM
I looked for a thread about this but did not find anything. I called and talked to two different people one at the Disneyland Information number and another 714 number where you could choose to talk to a cast member, get park hours ect..
She told me there has been no announcement about Bengal closing. We have read and heard rumors of its demise. There has been no official press release or anything. Sooooo... I am hoping this is true and the next time we go to Disneyland it is still there!!:) Anyone else have any info?

sharkie90278
07-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I heard it was closing too but it was open as of Friday night!

stan4d_steph
07-09-2007, 11:04 AM
It's going to close when the Riverbelle Terrace undergoes renovation and expansion. So far that has been postponed with no official start date.

houseofmouse
07-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Good to know, love those asparagus wraps!! Thanks.:)

adriennek
07-09-2007, 11:22 AM
In the June 11 MousePlanet Disneyland Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070611xx), the "This and That" section reported:

There have been many rumors surrounding the fate of the Bengal BBQ restaurant in Frontierland, but our latest and most reliable information indicates that the location will close, along with Riverbelle Terrace, on or around August 15.

Adrienne

houseofmouse
07-09-2007, 11:23 AM
That is a whole month from now, both CMs I talked to had no idea it would ever close. So I wonder who is in the know and who is not in the know. (CMs I mean)
Guess it will be a wait and see game now.

codewoman
07-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Off topic -

Adrienne, your Tiger has become a Webelos! Or is this the same boy?

On topic -

If Bengal Barbecue is closing, I want to eat there. Suggestions for food items to order? Priority seating?

stan4d_steph
07-09-2007, 12:56 PM
If Bengal Barbecue is closing, I want to eat there. Suggestions for food items to order? Priority seating?It's not a table service restaurant. It doesn't actually have any seating either.

The bacon-wrapped asparagus is good, as are the chicken skewers.

adriennek
07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Off topic -

Adrienne, your Tiger has become a Webelos! Or is this the same boy?

The Webelo is the big brother to the Tiger in my previous avatar. ;) I have three boys. The Tiger's in the middle of the three.

On topic -

If Bengal Barbecue is closing, I want to eat there. Suggestions for food items to order? Priority seating?

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus.

Adrienne

nvmom
07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
We love Bengal BBQ...
I'd hoped the whole closing it idea I had been given up.

nvmom

minniemom
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I think whomever made the choice to close the Bengal BBQ hasn't ate there enough!!!

Maus
07-09-2007, 05:05 PM
She told me there has been no announcement about Bengal closing.

This is, of course, the truth. There has been no official announcement. Her comment means she can neither confirm nor deny your question.

Chadsgal
07-09-2007, 07:42 PM
All I know is that I am thrilled that it isn't closed yet & hoping that it won't before my trip. This is one of my favorite places to eat & I must get the recipe for the Polynesian Sauce if City Hall has it! That way I can always have it even if it closes.

dznycrazy
07-10-2007, 05:50 AM
When my wife called one of the chefs a few weeks ago to ask about my special diet, she also asked about the closing and they said it would be closed when we are going which is 8/24/ - 9/2.

Raven
07-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Will it close for good or just for that time period. I LOVE Bengal BBQ.

danyoung
07-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Good to know, love those asparagus wraps!! Thanks.:)

I'd never tried these before, so on my last trip a few weeks ago I made a special effort to get them. WOW - really, surprisingly tasty! I'm hoping that whatever goes in to this general space will keep this item on the menu.

And there is some limited seating for this fast food counter - just a few tables, but I usually manage to score a sitdown. If not, you can easily prop your food on a trashcan top nearby and munch away.

minniemom
07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I heard that the River Belle Terrace will be getting a new menu after it gets it's redo. Do you think this new menu will include any of the Bengal BBQ favorites?

KDR
07-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm sure any decision to close it has nothing to do with the quality of food. It is, however, a slow-service location. The food just takes a long time to prepare.

Worse, it contributes heavily to the bottleneck in that area, and that's probably the number one reason for it to be on the chopping block.

That said, I prefer the spicy beef skewers and the vegetable skewers. Some of the tastiest food in the park, aside from Club 33.

Motor Boat Skipper
07-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Bengal Barbecue is not closing when River Belle closes for its refurbishment. River Belle is closing on or about August 18 for roughly 16 weeks. Bengal should stay open that entire time and continue to be open after River Belle returns. This rumor about Bengal is as false as the ones that River Belle will have second-story seating when it reopens or that Club 33 is taking over more of the Disney Gallery.

danyoung
07-11-2007, 05:20 AM
What's your source, Skipper? I've seen many online reports going back a year or more stating that the BBQ will indeed close as part of Riverbelle Terrace's remodel, and also that there will be a second story with customer seating. I know the plan has been delayed, and perhaps may have changed. So where does your info come from?

olegc
07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Bengal Barbecue is not closing when River Belle closes for its refurbishment. River Belle is closing on or about August 18 for roughly 16 weeks. Bengal should stay open that entire time and continue to be open after River Belle returns. This rumor about Bengal is as false as the ones that River Belle will have second-story seating when it reopens or that Club 33 is taking over more of the Disney Gallery.

you probably should go back to where you got your info and double check - or have them double check. At least the Gallery closing was confirmed to me today (7/11) when I visited for their official 10th anniversary.

So - maybe not Club 33 moving in - but SOMETHING ELSE is going in over there...

And oh yeah, since they will lose a balcony they need it somewhere.. So I suspect River Belle is more real than most think. and it probably will be counter/buffeteria downstairs and table service upstairs...

padilla6710
08-05-2007, 12:23 PM
I have heard rumors that my favorite resturant ever the Bengal BBQ will be closing...please tell me this is not ture? Do any of you have an idea?

JamesDL
08-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I have heard rumors that my favorite resturant ever the Bengal BBQ will be closing...please tell me this is not ture? Do any of you have an idea?

I hear the same thing.

Burnt Toast
08-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Search is your friend. There's like a new thread about this every week.

danyoung
08-06-2007, 06:58 AM
The early rumors were the the BBBQ was going down along with the Riverbelle Terrace. Now it seems as if the RT will be going down on August 19th and be back open in December. The latest info doesn't mention the BBBQ, so its fate is unknown.