PDA

View Full Version : Weather Mid-October

The Evil Queen
07-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey Howdy Hey!

OK...here's my question! I've been in February (sunny but cold)...I've been in March (overcast, damp and COLD)...I've been at the tail-end of Summer (late September - sunny and warm, chilly nights). What is the weather like mid-October? Is "indian" summer still holding on?

I've been on the weather sites and saw the monthly averages, but those are always on the conservative side. Anyone out there have "real" experiences to share?

Thanks!
Queenie

(PS...Everyone that posted to my Heely's thread...The Heely's are staying HOME...Thanks all the input there...I wasn't willing to allow my son to bring them anyway, just wanted to know everyone's feelings on those);)

mckygirl99
07-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Since I live here, it depends. It could be like late September, warm days, chilly nights or it could be a little chilly during the day. To me the rule has always been the rain starts on Halloween and then it gets cold but you never know! Smartest thing to do is to dress in layers!

princess- ada
07-09-2007, 09:27 AM
We have been ther the last four October's. It has been warm days cool nights 3 times and cool and rainy once.

stan4d_steph
07-09-2007, 09:28 AM
A search on "october weather" brings up this thread from earlier this year discussing the weather in October (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=65769&highlight=october+weather).

cillydznygirl
07-09-2007, 09:32 AM
When we have gone in October I have always packed two outfits for each day. A cool outfit and warm outfit. It makes for a lot of packing but it is worth it. I have always found that I am safe with capris and a zip up sweater. I am really hoping for a warm october this year though. A dip in the pool in the afternoon will help break up the day for the two year old :) Good luck!!

BIRDGIRLS
07-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Windy.

Goosegirl
07-10-2007, 12:44 PM
We were in Disneyland for fall break in October of 2005 and it rained the whole time. We still had fun but all of our outside photos show us wearing the Mickey rain ponchos! :p However, that did not stop us from booking our fall break in Disneyland this year! We leave October 14 for 4 days in the parks! Yippee!!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
07-10-2007, 02:05 PM
There is also the potential for a freakishly hot day or two.

Mom2
07-11-2007, 01:17 AM
We always freeze when we are there in October. But we are from Arizona where we are used to 115 temperatures...well, not used to it, but you get the idea...

Seriously, we had to buy sweats and stuff because it got so chilly in the evening. So I would bring some longer sleeved shirts, pants, jackets, just incase.

DizneyMommy
07-11-2007, 07:17 AM
I live here too, just a few miles from the park. October is always a total crap shoot. Some days are hot, some rain, some really windy, but more of a warmer wind. Most of the time the evenings are chilly, especially after the time change, but we have also gone on more than one October evening and never put on our sweaters. It isn't usually THAT cold during the days in October once the morning gloom burns away. Basically, pack for anything, and the weather in October tends to change on a dime, too, so even if it is hot the week before you leave, it could still be cold the week you are here.

Unfortunatly, I think by October you will have most everyone in the state of California praying for rain, doing a rain dance, and wishing on a star for rain thanks to our complete lack of rainfall this year, so the odds may be against you. :-)