PDA

View Full Version : A different AP upgrade question

Tinkermommy
07-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I've read a bunch of the AP upgrade threads and can't find the answer to this one:

My brother's family members have the lowest level of AP. Of course, all of July is blocked out. He is thinking of taking his kids anyway and paying for the blockout tickets. I noticed the difference between his current pass and the next level is not much more than the cost of a blockout ticket -- but the next level is also blocked out for July.

I understand that you can use your AP on the day you buy it, even if it's a blockout day for that pass. (Correct me if I'm wrong...)

My question (at long last, LOL) is: Does anybody know if he can upgrade his lowest level AP to the next level up in the month of July and use it the day he upgrades, even though it is a blockout day for both of those levels?

Thanks!

Malcon10t
07-08-2007, 09:36 PM
My question (at long last, LOL) is: Does anybody know if he can upgrade his lowest level AP to the next level up in the month of July and use it the day he upgrades, even though it is a blockout day for both of those levels?

Thanks!Yes, he can.

Tinkermommy
07-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Awesome!

Thanks for the quick answer!

SoCalDisneyLover
07-09-2007, 01:41 PM
From my understanding, this is Not allowed.

They will only let you apply the cost of the Blockout ticket, towards an upgrade, if the upgraded pass is also valid on that day.

I know this for a fact, as I had asked about it in person at the AP upgrade center.

In other words, if you have a So Cal AP, and you decide to go on a Saturday during Summertime, when the Deluxe pass is also blocked out. If you purchase a Blockout ticket on Saturday, you won't be able to apply the cost to upgrade to a Deluxe pass, only to a Premium.

Same holds true if going from a So Cal Select to a So Cal pass, unless doing so on a day when the So Cal pass would be valid.

Malcon10t
07-09-2007, 03:39 PM
From my understanding, this is Not allowed.

They will only let you apply the cost of the Blockout ticket, towards an upgrade, if the upgraded pass is also valid on that day.

I know this for a fact, as I had asked about it in person at the AP upgrade center.

In other words, if you have a So Cal AP, and you decide to go on a Saturday during Summertime, when the Deluxe pass is also blocked out. If you purchase a Blockout ticket on Saturday, you won't be able to apply the cost to upgrade to a Deluxe pass, only to a Premium.

Same holds true if going from a So Cal Select to a So Cal pass, unless doing so on a day when the So Cal pass would be valid.There are a lot of people here who have done exactly this. Maybe a few of them wll chime in.

gtpinoy
07-10-2007, 08:26 AM
My brothers did this on one of our trips to Disneyland. They had the So Cal Select Annual Pass and purchased a blockout ticket for that day. They were able to apply that amount to upgrade to the So Cal Annual Pass that same day and still got admission to both parks.

Tinkermommy
07-10-2007, 09:13 AM
It looks like he's just going to have to go and buy the blockout tickets, then ask if he can upgrade and see what happens!

I looked at my renewal paperwork, and it says:

"...The price of a Blockout Day Ticket may be applied toward the cost of upgrading one's Annual Passport to another Annual Passport."

It does NOT mention any exclusion of any particular pass.

However, I called the AP line also, and the woman said he could ONLY apply the price of the blockout day ticket to an upgrade if he went up to a Deluxe pass, because both So Cal passes are blocked out in July.

Based upon the posts above, it sounds like it's another one of those situations that differs based upon the CM you get! Yeesh.

Thanks for trying, though!

Malcon10t
07-10-2007, 09:25 AM
It looks like he's just going to have to go and buy the blockout tickets, then ask if he can upgrade and see what happens!

I looked at my renewal paperwork, and it says:

"...The price of a Blockout Day Ticket may be applied toward the cost of upgrading one's Annual Passport to another Annual Passport."

It does NOT mention any exclusion of any particular pass.

However, I called the AP line also, and the woman said he could ONLY apply the price of the blockout day ticket to an upgrade if he went up to a Deluxe pass, because both So Cal passes are blocked out in July.

Based upon the posts above, it sounds like it's another one of those situations that differs based upon the CM you get! Yeesh.

Thanks for trying, though!Well, once he buys the Block out pass, he will be able to go to the Bank on Main St and upgrade. I would wait til the end of the day to do it myself. He can upgrade to any pass.

Tinkermommy
07-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, once he buys the Block out pass, he will be able to go to the Bank on Main St and upgrade. I would wait til the end of the day to do it myself. He can upgrade to any pass.

That's what I'm going to suggest he do.

Thanks for the help!

drjones
07-10-2007, 09:57 AM
i have in fact, done just that
what the Cm's have told me is that youcan apply the cost of a blockout ticket towards an upgrade, but you need the physical blockout ticket to reenter the park or hop on over to DCA. they recommended waiting until evening to physically upgrade your AP.