PDA

View Full Version : disneyland hotel waterfalls?

Gymgirl975
06-27-2002, 09:37 PM
I just read in a hotel review that the waterfall cave type thingies are not working or are not accessible? Does anyone know if this is still the case? I would be totally bummed out. Also, is Fantasy Waters still going on?

Uncle Dick
06-27-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Gymgirl975
I just read in a hotel review that the waterfall cave type thingies are not working or are not accessible? Does anyone know if this is still the case? I would be totally bummed out. Also, is Fantasy Waters still going on?
I walk by the waterfalls several times a week and they're still going strong. Some of the pathways that go beneath the waterfalls do close at dusk so make sure you visit during the day. Fantasy Waters is also in continuous operation with shows every night at 8:30 and 9:30 pm.

Nigel2
06-27-2002, 10:49 PM
Also be careful, they can be rather slippery. But in the mornings they are usually closed off for some reason. I think they are only turned off when the people are working on them or cleaning.

LIMANDL4EVA
06-28-2002, 05:38 PM
how and what is fantasy waters anyways, ive seen pics at disneygeek.com but they didnt make that much sense

disguy
06-28-2002, 06:03 PM
It's been a while but, I used to be a simple water show with lights and music...I heard they added a screen for animation going on but I'm not certain.

Uncle Dick
06-29-2002, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by disguy
It's been a while but, I used to be a simple water show with lights and music...I heard they added a screen for animation going on but I'm not certain.
The screens (which resemble a giant "Lite-Brite" board) make these weird swirly patterns which I would hesitate to call "animation".

danyoung
06-29-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

I walk by the waterfalls several times a week and they're still going strong. Some of the pathways that go beneath the waterfalls do close at dusk so make sure you visit during the day.

C'mon, night time is one of the best times to walk down under the falls! Course, you gotta hop a locked gate to do it, but hey, some things are worth it! ;)

Hades
06-29-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

I walk by the waterfalls several times a week and they're still going strong. Some of the pathways that go beneath the waterfalls do close at dusk so make sure you visit during the day. Fantasy Waters is also in continuous operation with shows every night at 8:30 and 9:30 pm.

The waterfalls are usually turned on at 9am, and the chain goes down shortly thereafter.

funnygarcia
06-30-2002, 12:54 PM
:D That must have been my review!! LOL Every time we went over to the waterfalls it was gated off - maybe it was just a timing thing. I was really bummed- it looked so pretty and I love waterfalls.
I wish they would fix all the penny squishers-- I will stop by in October to see if they are fixed- and see the waterfalls :)