PDA

View Full Version : If you could work in the park?

Pages : [1] 2

Cinemascribe
06-27-2002, 09:26 PM
What particular part would you play?

Be very specific! We have seen all the CMs, and envied some of them, felt sorry for others...

If you could work anywhere in the park, doing any of the jobs. What would you do? and WHY?

ME?

1> Club 33 - Server - Be able to see the famous and rich up close!

2>Jungle Cruise- Skipper - Because I am a ham, and would LOVE to play that character to the T!

3>Haunted Mansion- CM- Cool Costume, and you get to make that stoic face.

06-28-2002, 03:41 AM
I'd like to be one of those tour guides. Think about it: you get paid to show off Disneyland and share in the excitement of those who have never visited before!

(I'm not so sure about the outfit, however. If they still make them wear kneesocks, I'll have to switch to Tiki Room hostess - much better costume.)

RStar
06-28-2002, 07:41 AM
I love to do landscaping. To me it's an art form. I'm turning my backyard into a DL kind of place with a small waterfall and Koi pond, Lights in the trees, three "theemed lands", ect. So I would love to work for the grounds keeper or green house. Problem is I would most likely have to take a pay cut to do that. I have teenagers I'm raising after all. Maybe when I retire I can work there part time.......

:D

disguy
06-28-2002, 09:10 AM
I want to be a character guide...so I can make sure the parents keep there kids in line and not cut in front of everyone!

justagrrl
06-28-2002, 09:26 AM
Malicifent - for the hat! :eek:

But you hardly ever see her so maybe I should pick somone who actually has more of a job. I know - maybe it'd be fun to be one of the people who gets to do the fireworks?...but I could wear the hat still? lol (j/k...sort of )

Oh...wait...I'd get a kick out of being one of the "ugly" stepsisters in the electric parade too. :)

innerSpaceman
06-28-2002, 09:29 AM
I have always wanted to work in the Haunted Mansion (but I'm not tall enough).

justagrrl
06-28-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I have always wanted to work in the Haunted Mansion (but I'm not tall enough).

oooooh...why didn't I think of that. That WOULD be fun. But I'd still wanna wear the hat. ;)

stinkerbell
06-28-2002, 09:39 AM
I'd want to be a Princess. Doesn't matter which one, but I think Aurora's dress is so beautiful!

OR a tour guide. I really hate to wear dresses. ;)

Allysen1Derland
06-28-2002, 10:06 AM
I actually WAS a CM , but if I could do it all over again my way....
I would be a Tourguide! I'm with 3894- you get the experience of sharing Disneyland with those who are seeing it for the first time, and how cool is that?? Plus, I love those little outfits they wear! The little plaid skirts and kneesocks! I love the whole "schoolgirl" look and actually will wear it when I go out sometimes! (my fiance loves that look, too, but for reasons unintended for a Disney thread! Haha!!). I also think being a dancer in the parades would be a blast! And of course, being a face character. *Sigh* who wouldn't wanna be a princess? I think being Ariel with that cute little fin would be so much fun!;)

Gemini Cricket
06-28-2002, 10:09 AM
I think the best ones have been mentioned:

1. HM CM (but not during the Holiday-version season. I'm a purist ;).)
2. Jungle Cruise Skipper
3. Character. I think 10 years ago, I could have been Aladdin. :) Now one of the villains would be fun: Jafar, Hook, Brer Fox...

DJ_MENTOS
06-28-2002, 10:38 AM
1. Jungle Cruise Skipper
2. Millionaire Host
3. Mickey in Fantasmic

smd4
06-28-2002, 10:44 AM
For me there's only one job (and I really wouldn't consider it a job): Fireman/Engineer on the Disneyland Railroad.

SoCalSnowWhite
06-28-2002, 11:19 AM
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be Snow White at Disneyland. Childhood dream.....:)

stan4d_steph
06-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Performer in Fantasmic!:

Classic Mickey or Sorcerer Mickey (get to be on that platform way up high!)
Monkey! (get to do the monkey dance)
Head of the snake

DisneylandBoy
06-28-2002, 11:32 AM
My ultimate dream is to be a Skipper on the Jungle Cruise. But next summer I am finally old enough to be a performer in the parade, so I want to do that. I'm hoping I get to be one of the people in Parade of the Stars that shows the guests what to do. Or I want to be in the Electrical Parade.

Rallymonkey23
06-28-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph
Performer in Fantasmic!:

Classic Mickey or Sorcerer Mickey (get to be on that platform way up high!)
Monkey! (get to do the monkey dance)
Head of the snake

Interesting choice with Mickey..... The "performer" is the same person. So you killed two birds with one stone there.

Side note: I already fulfilled my dream. I was already a "performer" in Fantasmic! A flower pedal and Goofy..

MammaSilva
06-28-2002, 12:11 PM
I think I would love to be a tour guide to the VIP tours that get to peek into Walts apartment and ride in the Lillybelle, I think the whole plaid skirt/vest kneesocks look is adorable, I personally would look awful in it but hey since it's a 'dream' I want the right body shape to wear the outfit while we are at it :)

If not that job then I want to be the fairy godmother in the parades :)

Cinemascribe
06-28-2002, 12:19 PM
awesome choices.

I forgot that the electrical parade was back at DCA- Being an ugly step sister, and being able to mug the crowd would be fun.

MagicBeliever
06-28-2002, 04:41 PM
I'd like to be Wendy in Fantasmic -- a smallish role, but still well-noted.

Grandbreaker
06-28-2002, 04:53 PM
A bumble bee (those crowd control for fantasmic) or monorail driver

LIMANDL4EVA
06-28-2002, 05:24 PM
i have ALWAYS (Ever since i first saw it) have wanted to be sorcerer mickey in fantasmmic in the finale
but in 6'2", so ill settle for cptn' hook:(

Cinemascribe
06-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know how hard it is to get into Fanstasmic for real. I mean, is the casting process incredibly gruling?

C

Rallymonkey23
06-28-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Cinemascribe
Does anyone know how hard it is to get into Fanstasmic for real. I mean, is the casting process incredibly gruling?

C

Oh don't go there. I had 5 interviews and 3 auditions. Nerve racking to say the least. Hopefully they still do it the same. Cause that was torture and I would be pretty upset if they let the "new cast" off easier than that.

Cinemascribe
06-28-2002, 06:45 PM
What were the auditions like, Monkey? If I may ask. Did you get a part?

Rallymonkey23
06-28-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Cinemascribe
What were the auditions like, Monkey? If I may ask. Did you get a part?

The first audition was actually pretty quick. I guess it was beacuse they had alot of people to get through. Now, the second and third were pretty nerve racking, the hardest part to get the job IMO. They had me dancing around while trying to act like different characters. I guess they thought I would make a good Goofy cause that's the part I recieved. Well, not just Goofy, I was a flower pedal durring the jungle bit. All in all, it was alot of fun! I had a great time, and will always cherish the experience.