PDA

View Full Version : Au revoir to all that

tod
07-07-2007, 05:24 PM
My AP expires Monday.

I'm going to let it.

For the last few months, I have found it hard to make the schlep from Burbank down to the Park, and when I have made it I have been bored out of my skull. In the last three years I have seen everything, done everything, and am now in need of a rest.

I enjoyed the 50th -- there was nowhere I would have rather been on July 17, 2005 than Main Street, and that's exactly where I was -- but rather than fork out $1500 for four new APs, I'n gonna lay low on the inside-the-Park front.

For good or ill, I'm still going to stick around the board. I still like discussing Disneyland.

I'm just going to let absence make the heart grow fonder for a while.

--t

disneyperson
07-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks for sharing. :rolleyes:

danyoung
07-07-2007, 06:12 PM
That's not a bad plan of attack, Tod. You may find that you'll need to get back to it sooner rather than later!

Mermaid
07-07-2007, 06:28 PM
I think that sounds good. I let my AP expire after the 50th. I was just a little burnt out. Now I am back in full force!

scotman283
07-07-2007, 06:41 PM
We went 20 plus times last year on our AP's. We had a great run, but we are now going to have a little rest before we come back. Plan to be APers again this fall!!!!

DL Mama
07-07-2007, 07:20 PM
tod,

I am glad you won't let your "Non-AP" status keep you froom the boards. I've always enjoyed your posts (this from a recent member, but long-time lurker).

We let our APs expire in March '06, since we knew we wouldn't be able to visit enough to be financially viable.

While I love to visit as often as posible, the fam doesn't get it, and we won't be APers again for some time.

I do know that our best trips occur when we haven't been in while, so your idea is a good one.

Love to Mrs Tod...

Rkkm
07-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Bored with DL??? Never heard that before! Have been going since 1955 .. never a time when it hasn't been fun. That's the magic of DL .. you never know what to expect as there is always something magical just around the corner. I always leave my expectations at the entry gate and just wander. I have never been disappointed.

nightdesigns
07-08-2007, 07:57 AM
I find that I'm a year-on, year-off type of AP holder.

This year I will let it expire as well, not so much that I don't like going, but now that my wife and I both have full time jobs, there isn't as much time anymore. It's sad, but we have to be realistic about it.

motomickey
07-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Bored with DL??? Never heard that before! Have been going since 1955 .. never a time when it hasn't been fun. That's the magic of DL .. you never know what to expect as there is always something magical just around the corner. I always leave my expectations at the entry gate and just wander. I have never been disappointed.

The Park is always magical--even to have a corn dog and sit on Main Street and watch people dance, sing and stroll by--the cares of the day just melt away. Hope you come back and live the Magic again, real soon--we will miss you!:crying:

june1st1997
07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
I feel ya tod...

We let our AP's expire in June. It's the first time in years we have not had AP's.

I too was getting a little burned out... I started going by myself for the first time a few months ago and it soon became a once or twice a week thing (alot of my business can be done via cel and email). After that I found it was losing that zing.

Also, I think ths summer is going to be horrendous. YOMD and Nemo are the perfect storm to encourage me to take the summer off.

We will re-up for my annual b-day trip with my dad in September.

Breathless with anticipation for that zing on Main Street

mkraemer
07-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Since we live 400 miles away, it's not always easy to plan out a weekend (preferably a looong one) to get to the parks. We've had APs for years, but we have let them lapse from time to time. It doesn't make sense to spend money for a pass when you're not using it. When you're plunking down the do-re-mi for five passes, it adds up.

But, we will let them expire in September. We haven't been to the park since Memorial Day. Summer sounds even crazier than usual and much as we'd love to see Nemo...Nemo will be there when all the hysteria dies down.

We have no plans to come in the fall or Christmas this year. But I think the longest we've let our passes lapse is six months. We will be back, but I just don't know when.

tonytone
07-09-2007, 10:24 AM
tod--sorry to hear that, but FWIW--what a coincidence...our APs will expire near the end of this month, and we have decided not to renew ours either--I think we put in a lifetime's worth of DLR trips during the two years of us being AP holders.

Maybe someday--when my kids are tall enough to ride ALL of the DLR rides--I may consider becoming an AP holder once again...