PDA

View Full Version : GCH Concierge at Christmas

V.I.N.CENT.
07-07-2007, 08:30 AM
First time at Disneyland for the holidays! We usually go late September or early October (beginning to miss the non-overlay Haunted Mansion :crying: ). Anyway, we stayed at the GCH hotel last year and are now unable to see staying anywhere else. We had a park view room because we wanted a balcony.

My question is, do they do anything special in the lounge during the Holiday season? I am on the fence about staying in a concierge level service room (read several threads about it). $500 for the week is a bit steep, but I am willing to try it once. Since this is our first time going to Disneyland at Christmas, we may be a bit overwhelmed with all of the regular Christmas stuff and not need anything extra. But if they serve holiday treats and do other extras, it may be worth it for us.

Thanks for the comments!

BTW, had a co-worker stay several years back. They said that they used the lounge without paying for concierge service. Totally unethical IMO. Specially at Disneyland! I would think that they check room keys or something...

Infinitely
07-07-2007, 08:43 AM
There is a tree in the lounge, but I don't recall anything else different from other times of the year...the cookies may have been holiday themed, I seem to recall a reindeer sugar cookie, but I don't know if that was at the lounge or not.

Of course, there are snacks, drinks, story time and other assorted perks, but those are there all year long.

You need to swipe your room key to unlock the lounge door (it will only open for concierge guests), so if they used it without paying they not only stole from Disney, but they took advantage of the kindness of a person who holds doors open for people. Unethical and rude.

biolabetty
07-07-2007, 11:12 AM
We did this last year. During the evening appetizer time a group of carolers came in and sang. They included any children who wanted to participate. During storytime, we first had the man who plays guitar downstairs entertain for a bit, followed by Santa Claus coming in to read a story. He answered any questions the children had about him and Christmas. We were told that Santa didn't come in every night, so we were fortunate to have him. My kids had the best time at the lounge!

Mermaid
07-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, not at the lounge but Santa is in the lobby near the big tree. It was a surprise to see him there and he is just basically chilling waiting for people to come and see him!