PDA

View Full Version : What I think about working for Disneyland/3rd shift custodial so far.

mikotorocks714
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Everyone's so nice, and my current training involves attractions so we got to see a walkthrough tour of some attractions like Inidiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, and Roger Rabbit! So I'm currently in Fantasyland attractions cleaning them with a partner showing me the ropes, and cleaning Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Tea Cups, Peter Pan's Flight, and Alice. It's awesome, except that walking through Alice is spooky in the AM.

Another Dimension
07-06-2007, 04:04 PM
except that walking through Alice is spooky in the AM.

Why Alice, and why in the AM? :)

Seen any roaches in PotC?

disneyperson
07-06-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

Mermaid
07-06-2007, 11:47 PM
That is awesome that you are enjoying it! :D

jamwilson
07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I have always wanted to work at DL! Keep us updated on how it goes. Sounds like fun so far! ;)

PanFan
07-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Isn't Peter Pan with the lights on the coolest thing ever! I don't think Alice is too bad (unless you see Billy--have they told you about him? He's usually in Roger, I'm told), but Snow White is pretty freaky. Especially if you manually push the button to make the witch turn around!

I'm jealous that you got to do Indy and Haunted Mansion. I would love to do either of those or Pirates. IASW is pretty cool, too.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Disneynerd
07-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Thank you for the update! Very very cool job. When my kids are old enough to work at Disneyland (in about 14 years) I will get a cheap apartment for the summer and we'll all work there together. That is my dream. :rolleyes:
Keep the stories coming! Ghosts? Do tell!

mikotorocks714
07-09-2007, 02:59 AM
Isn't Peter Pan with the lights on the coolest thing ever! I don't think Alice is too bad (unless you see Billy--have they told you about him? He's usually in Roger, I'm told), but Snow White is pretty freaky. Especially if you manually push the button to make the witch turn around!

I'm jealous that you got to do Indy and Haunted Mansion. I would love to do either of those or Pirates. IASW is pretty cool, too.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Hey PanFan, yes it's creepy! Especially when you're walking around Pinochio cleaning and then have to pass that character with the eyes that move from side to side. *Shivers.*

Billy? Do you mean the "ghost" of a guy in Alice who helped build the ride or something (I forgot the story?) If so, hearing that and then having to walk through Alice freaked me out ha, ha, but not so much. Just hearing that you can see him in the Alice video monitors with a "book" sounds freaky though.

PanFan
07-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Billy? Do you mean the "ghost" of a guy in Alice who helped build the ride or something (I forgot the story?) If so, hearing that and then having to walk through Alice freaked me out ha, ha, but not so much. Just hearing that you can see him in the Alice video monitors with a "book" sounds freaky though.

I don't know the whole story behind him, but I've heard from multiple CM's that his primary residence is Roger Rabbit (and many refuse to walk the queue alone at night), but he's sometimes seen in Alice and (I think) Snow White. No one that I know of has seen him when walking through or riding the ride--it's always in the video monitors. From what I understood, he's a kid, but again, I don't know a whole lot about him.

WDW heart
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
When my kids are old enough to work at Disneyland (in about 14 years) I will get a cheap apartment for the summer and we'll all work there together. That is my dream. :rolleyes:

Are Chloe and Abby aware of this? ;) :p

Disneynerd
07-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Are Chloe and Abby aware of this? ;) :p
Oh yeah, they're totally on board!:D

As soon as Chloe learns to speak, I'm sure she'll agree to it! Well, I take that back, she CAN point at the TV and request "Miggy, Miggy, Miggy?" A CM in the making!