PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen and Fantasmic advice?

socaltexan02
07-06-2007, 01:23 PM
We have priority seating for 6:40pm for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen for my daughter's b-day. About how long should a group of 5 (2 kids, 3 adults) expect to spend there for dinner/character interaction? Would we have time to do dinner and then make 9pm Fantasmic?? Also - is it advisable to arrive a bit before our priority seating time...and if so, how far in advance?

What tips can you give for a good Fantasmic viewing...and how early do we need to set up camp? (Whether we end up trying this for the same night, or another one.) Finally - what is the norm for Fantasmic viewing - do people generally sit or stand??

TIA! :cool:

Mermaid
07-06-2007, 11:58 PM
I can't help much with the Goofy's but I can some for Fantasmic.

The 9PM showing is busy. I would try to get there at least an hour ahead of time. People generally sit if they are in front of the walkway by Pirates. I think maybe they have to. I don't know if your kids could make it to the second showing but there are far less people and you don't have to wait as long. The way to do it is stay on that side of the park riding Pirates, HM, Splash, Pooh etc.during the first showing. Once the fireworks start, make your way over to the viewing area. People will watch the fireworks from their F! spot. Then they leave and you go sit down. I have done this and got the edge of the river every time and you only have to wait like 30 minutes instead of hours!

Ragrobyn
07-07-2007, 08:21 AM
At Gookfy's kitchen we always arrive 10mins before our ADR. And usually only wait about 15min. When we arrive on time - we still wait 15min. ( but that is us, I have know idea for other people.) Having never been to GK for dinner I cannot comment on how long it will take. For Breakfast, we take about 2 hours. But we like to mingle with the characters. You can take as long or as little time as you need. They won't aggressivly push you out;)

Malcon10t
07-07-2007, 08:29 AM
But we like to mingle with the characters. You can take as long or as little time as you need. They won't aggressivly push you out;)Actually, they have a 90 min limit so they can keep everyone moving in and out.

atrder9901
07-07-2007, 08:47 AM
What tips can you give for a good Fantasmic viewing...and how early do we need to set up camp? (Whether we end up trying this for the same night, or another one.) Finally - what is the norm for Fantasmic viewing - do people generally sit or stand??

I cant offer any help with Goofy's Kitchen, but as far as Fantasmic goes, it's safe to say that you can expect a lot of people. As far as when to set up camp,the earlier the better for a decent viewing spot. When we were at Disney last December, I saw people holding spots for fantasmic as early as 2 1/2 hours before the start of the show. People usually sit, so we always bring a blanket and store it in a locker and get it out before we go sit for the show. As Mermaid said, the later show is usually less crowded.

You can reserve seats for Fantasmic along the river front, but it's kinda expensive in my opinion.

kohl
07-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Actually, they have a 90 min limit so they can keep everyone moving in and out.

We have heard this also. I don't think we have spent much more than an hour eating.

disneyshoes
07-07-2007, 10:57 AM
We just got back and Goofy's Kitchen was a BLAST! We were also told we had an hour and a half...I am not sure how we managed this but we were longer then that and they never said a word.

danyoung
07-07-2007, 06:31 PM
What tips can you give for a good Fantasmic viewing...and how early do we need to set up camp?

There is a really terrific trick you can do to get an excellent viewing location with no more than THIRTY MINUTES waiting! If you look at the entire F! viewing area, you'll see 3 big lighting towers. These are underground during the day, but come up on hydraulic poles before showtime. The two outer towers go up high into their show positions quite early, but the center tower rests down low right up till showtime. It looks like your view of the show would be blocked, so most people don't line up behind them. Just get there 30 minutes out and you'll have a nice standing spot with a railing in front of you, as well as a view of the show director and the fire safety officer's consoles (don't worry, even kids can easily see the show over these consoles). About 10 minutes out, the tower will go up into show position, and you will now have a spectacular, central view of the show.

I've done this on every visit since F! started showing, including twice a couple weeks ago, and it still works every time!!!

Ragrobyn
07-08-2007, 09:01 AM
We just got back and Goofy's Kitchen was a BLAST! We were also told we had an hour and a half...I am not sure how we managed this but we were longer then that and they never said a word.

We stay longer too and they don't hastle us.