PDA

View Full Version : Year of a Million Dreams! [We won!]

azolivas
07-06-2007, 12:05 PM
We won!

Yesterday around 11am, as we were exiting the Jumpin Jellyfish ride @ DCA, we were approached by two dream squad members and we won the $500 shopping spree @ the World of Disney!

They took us to one of their lounges in the guest relations office where we filled out paperwork. We were then told to report to the World of Disney at 3:30pm to begin our shopping adventure!

All of the cast members involved were awesome and made the experience memorable! They were great with our kids and fun was had by all!

We have been at the resort since July 3 and leave back to AZ on July 9!

yenko427
07-06-2007, 12:07 PM
What a great dream. I haven't heard of that one. Congrats!

vicbella2
07-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Congratulations. What a fun prize. What did you end up getting with the shopping spree?

disneyperson
07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Congratulations! I hadn't heard of that prize before. I'm glad a padder got it!

Mrs Mouse
07-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Congrats to you on that terrific prize! Hope you bought some great stuff!

kristinhawk
07-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Wow! How awesome!

Mermaid
07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Congratulations! What did you buy?

PhiSigDuchessCV
07-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Congratulations - it's nice to hear that someone won a "medium/big" prize.

Can't wait to hear what you bought with it

nvmom
07-06-2007, 08:03 PM
How exciting!! Yeah, what did you buy??? :)

nvmom

misdisney
07-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Very Cool!!:) Congrats! Did you buy something that you have always wanted but never had the money to spend? Can't wait to here ...:p

Mermaid
07-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Me too! I am so excited for you!

experiment626
07-07-2007, 02:05 PM
and I was happy with the (WDW) ears I got in the mail yesterday.

Susan L
07-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Wow! :cool: prize :D

mowsluver
07-08-2007, 02:23 PM
We nwere approached a few weeks ago by a Dream Team-er and he kind of was just standing there, making small talk with us and he kept loking at his watch :confused: we were ALL excited kind of thinking that he was looking at his watch for a REASON....like maybe Mickey was gong to come up to us or something :eek: and then he put his hand in his bag and we asked him WHY he kept looking at his watch :D and he said " it's because I get off work in 20 minutes" then he gave us some flat, round pins....:crying:....boy were WE bummed!

Glad to hear that you were able to get something nice.....

azolivas
07-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Sorry it took so long to get respond, we have been having a great time at the parks ( won a dream fast pass today exiting snow white!).

We were so excited to have won this prize, and we knew right away that we wanted to share this with our friends and family, there was no way we could have spent it all on ourselves.

for the $500 shopping spree, we let our three boys (ages 6,4,2) choose a toy and a shirt. the wife and i got ourselves a shirt as well, and a cool mickey mouse beverage pitcher. we also bought three shirts for our friends kids who were visiting the park the same time as us.

the rest we spent on christmas ornaments for our family. my wife has a huge family so most of the money went to that.

we were blessed to have won this prize and wanted to share the joy with our family and friends! We thought the the ornaments would be a great way to relive the memory every christmas season!

with tax, the actual amount that we were able to spend was $464. In order to help us, the cast members followed us around with a shopping cart and a calculator!

it was a great experience! the disney amabassador even told us that it is possible to win a big prize twice. she stated that one time a man won the $500 shopping spree and then the next day won a stay at the penthouse suite! just have to be at the right place at the right time!

thats about it for us, we are heading back to PHX tomorrow afternoon!

Infinitely
07-08-2007, 07:59 PM
How amazingly fun!

How very generous and thoughful of you as well.

Christmas ornaments are wonderful gifts, Disney ornaments, even better!

I am so very happy for you!

amarvel
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM
how exciting! congrats!!!! hadnt heard of this prize, sounds like a fun one!

azolivas
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
It was funny, we were staying at the Camelot Inn and one of their hotel channels they showed a video clip of a guy sitting on a bench at downtown disney and the dream squad approaching him and telling him he won the $500 shopping spree! we thought wouldnt that be awesome to win!

here is the list of prizes!

http://www.mousesavers.com/yearofamilliondreams.html

i also have video and pics of us doing the shopping spree and i can also scan the yoamd certificate that they created for us!