PDA

View Full Version : best view of fireworks

E-ORLover
07-05-2007, 12:18 PM
My family and I would like to view the fireworks, but are not quite sure where the best view would be. Are they still doing the lasers on the castle? It has been over 4yrs since we have viewed the fireworks and don't want to miss it this year. Once we find the spot how long do you estimate the wait time to be?

disneychick
07-05-2007, 01:07 PM
We watched them from the hub, and it was perfect - we had to hold our spot for about an hour and a half, but we were right in the middle, just in front of the Partners statue, and the view there was very worth the wait. The time passed really quickly, actually - the people watching was fun, and DH and I took turns going to get a drink, a snack, take in a quick spin on Buzz, etc. while we waited.

We were there mid-Nov, so I don't have any experience with how long you might need to wait to hold a good spot in the summer months.

The Little Mermaid
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Even though a few show items have changed, this MP fireworks viewing guide (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm050511as#compare) is right on the money.

PanFan
07-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Remember is a very "castle-centric" show, so yes, the best view is one where you have a clear, central view of SBC. They don't have projections on it anymore, but there are still a few on the Matterhorn and lots of pyro shot off from the castle itself as well as some surrounding areas. Tinker Bell flies from the Matterhorn and all around the castle. But you do need to get there early to get a decent spot. I'd recommend at least an hour.

If you don't like crowds and still want a great view, the area by IASW is excellent. You can see all of the major fireworks and there are projections onto the attraction facade. It is more difficult to see the pyro shot off from the castle and some of it you miss completely, but you can still see the beginning of Tinker Bell's flight. If you want to watch from there, you can show up only a few minutes before the show with no problem.

Leap for Joy
07-05-2007, 10:07 PM
We watched the fireworks a couple of weeks ago and waited a little over an hour and a half. We were on a bench on the side of the hub facing the castle.

One big thing to be aware of, you can sit while you wait but then you'll stand for the show. Once everyone stands they'll pack a lot more people into the space! If you're off-center during the wait, you can probably move closer to center at that point.

If you have children with you, try to wait near a bench and maybe the people will let them stand on the bench for a better view. We gladly gave up our bench to the kids in the vicinity.

If you're in the street around the hub, it's best to be on the inner edge (closer to the hub than the castle). They keep foot traffic moving around the outer edge and it's distracting to hear the CMs directing people during the show.