View Full Version : Capt EO on Video

Ralph Wiggum
06-05-2001, 09:43 AM
Does anyone have capt. EO on video?

80S ERA
06-05-2001, 12:08 PM
Not on video....but I know where you can listen to the entire movie:

www.disneylandsource.com

There are lots of video & audio on this cool site! But you probaly already knew about it - sorry if you did.

slaakker
06-05-2001, 04:46 PM
I just ordered the video. I don't know how the quality is yet, but the price was right. Follow the link.

Good luck!:)

Edited by moderator for link. MousePlanet does not support the sale of unlicensed reproductions of Disney property.

Ralph Wiggum
06-05-2001, 05:29 PM
Thanx :)

disney33
06-06-2001, 06:07 AM
I have captain eo on video. I taped it off of mtv when they were having a micheal jackson weekend and played everything he had ever done. the tracking on it is kinda bad, but i am glad i have it.

Napsto
06-06-2001, 08:14 AM
when was capt. EO made?

EandCDad
06-07-2001, 07:55 AM
Ralph, I notice here and on the TL thread that you have a tremendous Captain EO jones. Is this due to being a big MJ fan, or just a fan of the attraction. I just never got the appeal of that attraction and like Honey I Shrunk the Audience much better.

Ralph Wiggum
06-07-2001, 05:32 PM
I like michael jacksons music alot. Him himself is kinda questionable. I just loved the attraction. Its just corny enough to be fun to watch over and over again. Plus the music was great. The replay value was much better than HISTA or MV 3D.

slaakker
06-09-2001, 11:19 AM
I loved the whole show. The 3d effects were great and the sound in the theater was awesome. Yah MJ is wierd but he can sing.

Like the above post shows I can't give a link to the site where you can order a copy of it, but if you watch the disneyland newsgroup you will sometimes see a posting of the site that has it.

French_Mouse
06-09-2001, 12:16 PM
Hi,
Here in DLP, we first had Captain Eo then they put HYSTA.
If I am not really a Michael Jackson fan, but I really enjoy his music/dance/videos...
I really love the Captain Eo film. Every time I was in DLP I would go there in the afternon.
The music/dance/sets/make-up keep it enjoyable every time.
I never get excited by HISTA. Strange that they put a ride from a movie that was released years ago. The story is poor, there is plenty of "cheap" 3D tricks & morphing stuf that are just TOO OLD. The only strenght of it are the live SFX, but they just work once.
Like at DLD, there is a lot of return visit here. The attraction was busy the first year. Now you just have to wait on show before entering the theater.
In the end I always thought it would be okay for a studios park but that it didn't belongs to Magic Kingdom park as there is no Disney magic in it...
Just my 2 cents

Uncle Dick
02-10-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Napsto
when was capt. EO made?

1986. It opened in September. You can find all sorts of exciting information about it here (http://www.intercot.com/edc/Imagination/eo.html)

Rallymonkey23
02-10-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

1986. It opened in September. You can find all sorts of exciting information about it here (http://www.intercot.com/edc/Imagination/eo.html)

O.k. Now I think that was just too much info there. LOL

Gemini Cricket
02-10-2002, 07:53 PM
Speaking of EO, they should have released the "We are Here to Change the World" song on CD. You know, w/o the sound effects and whip guys during it. The bass on that song is incredible.
:)

Ace
02-10-2002, 08:13 PM
what's the point in watching that on video? you miss the best part: reaching out and trying to touch that flying bird/rat thingy.