PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn Anaheim/walk to parking structure?

PinkFloyd
07-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Mickey and Friends parking structure is easily accessible from the Holiday Inn on Walnut? Looking at Bret's Disneyland Lodging Map, it looks like it could be: http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

My thought is maybe take the parking tram rather than ART or walk.

TIA!

dehnehsu
07-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Oops double post

dehnehsu
07-04-2007, 09:42 PM
I know that you can't walk to Ball to West place and get to the Parking Structure thru the employee parking lot gate. As of last year Disney won't let you enter that way anymore. You can walk back that way however! We discoved this while staying at the Anaheim Rodeway Inn which is right next door to the employee entrance. We had to walk to Disneyland Drive to get to the Park. A long walk. Getting back we took the tram to the Mickey and Friends parking structure took the Daisy Duck escalator and followed the Parking gargage sidewalk to the employee lot, crossed thru the lot to the guard booth and we were at West Place and our Hotel was on the left. A 5 minute walk at a slow pace. That's probably your best option getting back by foot.

To walk to the park I was wondering if it would be faster to walk south down Walnut to W. Magic Way (If they allow foot traffic) At that point you'd be closer to the entance than the Garage? Walk to the park from there or take the tram? Another option would be to take a long walk via Ball/Disneyland Drive?

I'm sure some veterans can help us out!

sjcivilady
07-04-2007, 10:26 PM
We just stayed there end of May - didn't realize that you can walk down Walnut to Magic Way, cut through the parking lot for Downtown Disney and walk through DTD to the parks. We had free parking, so drove both days. Our last day in Anaheim, we just wanted to shop DTD, so we drove to the DTD parking lot - we had noticed a family take off walking from our hotel when we were loading up in the car - and there they were walking in to DTD the same time as us.... hahaha. We happened to get really good parking places in M&F, so were glad we drove; but if you were to get the farthest spots, it probably wouldn't save too many steps by driving. We did enjoy our stay at that hotel, though. Front desk was helpful and friendly. Room was nice. Mini Mart right next door with a Subway--inexpensive, light dinner.
Hope that helps. Joan :)