PDA

View Full Version : Most "Charming" Area of Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

DisneylandKid
06-26-2002, 06:26 PM
I can't decide which of the following three locations is the most charming or pleasant spot in Disneyland:

Fantasyland: The area between the Village Haus, Big Thunder Trail, and Casey Jr. Circus Train
Critter Country: The Hungry Bear-area at night
New Orleans Square: The small alleyways in the back, between the Blue Bayou and train station

CarlieB
06-26-2002, 06:43 PM
My vote's for New Orleans Square - the alley-ways around there are so cool:-)

Gemini Cricket
06-26-2002, 07:08 PM
The archway in NOS that leads to the twisty staircase that leads to a second floor area that guests are restricted from going. Flowers, bricks, stone floor, cool staircase, flowers...etc.
It's quite romantic. My favorite "take a picture with friends" spot.
:)

lilblckrncloud
06-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Oh, definitely NOS. I love the "real" New Orleans, so I get a special feeling whenever I walk down those little streets at Dland.

Rallymonkey23
06-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Is that all the choices we have?

If I have to pick one of them, it would have to be NOS. It's just like being at the real place so that's an easy one.

Now. My first choice on this subject would be on the archway leading to the castle. The way it's lit up at night is amazing. A good way to people watch. And a great place to snuggle up to your significant other and enjoy the "magic" of Disneyland.

mousey_girl
06-26-2002, 08:48 PM
I have always liked the wishing well area.
NOS is good, but it gets wayyyyyyyy too crowded for me.

PineapplePrincess
06-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Charming huh...? I guess that gets rid of the HM area...

I would say NOS...or over by ROA at night, close to BC.

DisneylandKid
06-27-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Is that all the choices we have?No--anything---those were just my choices.

Mansion Man
06-27-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by lilblckrncloud
Oh, definitely NOS. I love the "real" New Orleans, so I get a special feeling whenever I walk down those little streets at Dland.

Nawlins Square for me!!! When my wife and I were dating, we would have pictures taken of us on the big steps in that tucked away area toward the back (the rear secret entrance of the Gallery?). Now, we still gravitate to NOS on just about every visit.

I actually think that the transition area from NOS to the Mansion is pretty cool, with the fountain and benches. Unlike the hub, it never seems that crowded there.

stinkerbell
06-27-2002, 12:53 PM
NOS for sure!

cyberRoo
06-27-2002, 02:02 PM
How 'bout the "secret garden" when the FastPass machines for Mansion are location?

disguy
06-27-2002, 03:07 PM
I like that little nook next to Small world to the right of it.
Tritons gardens is nice.

Allysen1Derland
06-27-2002, 03:36 PM
NOS! I also totally agree with MouseyGirl! I love the Wishing Well area with the italian Snow White marble statues. I've also always liked Coke Corner, too. Just sitting with fellow MP'er Hades, having coffee and gossiping!;)

Tigertail777
06-27-2002, 03:38 PM
Well when it was actually OPEN (sob sniff) the sleeping beauty walk through was very charming, and a nice place to get a way from the hub-bub since a lot of people never realized it was there. Been years and years since I went, so I don't remember a lot about it other than how nice and charming (and claustrophobic :) ) it was. For stuff that is till open...hmmm it would have to be the storybook canal ride...you just can't get much more charming than that.

innerSpaceman
06-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Waaaaa! My favorite charming area of Disneyland is GONE!!!

Way, way, way back under the Hungry Bear Restaurant. As charming as many other Disneyland areas are, in my book nothing could compare with this magnificent (and mostly secret) location on the Rivers of America.

I can't begin to pick a second-place choice until I get over my grief.

DisneylandKid
06-27-2002, 04:43 PM
innerSpaceman-- I know what you are talking about. I loved that location! Notice the Hungry Bear at night is still on my list.

lilblckrncloud
06-27-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
For stuff that is till open...hmmm it would have to be the storybook canal ride...you just can't get much more charming than that. I love that ride so much! It is way under-rated. For the longest time when I was young it was my very fave ride in the park. I always sat up in the front and I was convinced that the whale was real. It is such a lovely little ride, and seems (to me) to be kept up pretty well over the years.

Cinemascribe
06-27-2002, 09:51 PM
NOS... the most charming by far is a table close to the water at the Blue Bayou.. listening to the fake Bull Frogs.. the fire flies glittering.. the shooting stars.. the boats as sillouettes in the distance.... and the shound of the far off water drop... awesome

06-28-2002, 03:37 AM
Just don't throw any rotten tomatoes, okay?

I really don't like NOS, probably because I really don't like the Haunted Mansion.

For charming, how can you beat coming into Adventureland from Main Street? It's not relaxing charming but it's full of the excited, anticipating charm that is Disneyland.

DisneylandBoy
06-28-2002, 12:50 PM
My favorite place in the ENTIRE park is Main Street USA. I love walking up and down the street, people-watching and stopping the stores. The last time I went, we did that for a while and it was so peaceful! I don't like it during the parade, however, but when it isn't crowded, it is so nice!

coronamouseman
06-28-2002, 05:05 PM
Far end of Hungry Bear is a great place - when younger, my kids had more fun feeding the ducks in the river than going on any of the rides ..............

blusilva
06-29-2002, 12:12 AM
So many charming spots. So little time.

For me, "charm" lies in the places where I can tune out the fact that Disneyland is a theme park with thousands of visitors vying for space. "Charm" is being transported into a fantasy world.

It varies for me from visit to visit, season to season.

In the winter, I love Main Street. With the gigantic tree and projected snowflakes and decorations, it's just incomparable. No matter how many people are there, I always feel like it's my own personal Christmas.

In the spring, New Orleans Square. The cool little fountains and hideaways are the perfect place to be. I've never been to New Orleans, but I know its charm!

In the summer, I head straight for The Rivers Of America. I love riding the Mark Twain or Columbia, feeling the breeze. The slowness of the boat rides lends a tranquil escape from the frenzy of the tourist season. I feel the charm of an era in the South which can only be recaptured in Disneyland.

In the fall, I love Fantasyland. The crowds are smaller and I can really enjoy the charm of the Bavarian village.

I love Snow White's Wishing Well in any season. I think that all the charm of Disney can be found right there. Watching children's faces light up when they make their wishes and toss their coins. Seeing lovers entwine hands (and sometimes engage in passionate embraces). Listening to Snow White sing her song and have the well echo it back. Gazing upon the statues, knowing that someone somewhere thought enough of Walt, Disneyland and all of us visitors throughout the ages to donate them anonymously.

And as for the HM not having any charm.....I would suggest visiting it during the Christmas season. Last year, with the Nightmare overlay, I was charmed beyond charmed. I was breathless. The outdoor decorations with the jack-o-lanterns and the tinkly music really were CHARMING. With a capital CHARMING. :)

danyoung
06-29-2002, 05:40 AM
Wow, blusilva - what an eloquent post! You've captured my feelings very accurately, especially about the Snow White Grotto. Nicely done!

Hades
06-29-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Allysen1Derland
NOS! I also totally agree with MouseyGirl! I love the Wishing Well area with the italian Snow White marble statues. I've also always liked Coke Corner, too. Just sitting with fellow MP'er Hades, having coffee and gossiping!;)

Ahhhhh! I love those moments with you, Allysen1Derland! Most of my DL memories always have you right there with me! I guess my "most charming" place in the park is anywhere in the park with you!

Pony Sugrue
07-01-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by 3894
Just don't throw any rotten tomatoes, okay?

I really don't like NOS, probably because I really don't like the Haunted Mansion.

Egad! I've never heard of this before. I always thought "Pirates" and "Haunted Mansion" were like THE BEATLES or something where no one dis-liked them. Why don't you like the HAUNTED MANSION?