PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July festivities?

jrsharp21
06-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Besides the fireworks show, what other fourth of july festivities will be going on on the fourth of july?

DJ_MENTOS
06-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Yes, do tell. I will be there on the 4th and am looking forward to the festivities.

JeffG
06-28-2002, 09:19 AM
They typically hand out flag pins to every guest entering the park (at least until they run out) and have a fair amount of patriotic decoration, mostly on Main Street. They also typically replace the usual Main Street music loop with patriotic music.

Other than the extended fireworks show, there isn't usually much in the way of specific added activities for the holiday. It is likely that you may see the band doing more patriotic music during the day and there is a good chance that the regular parades will be preceded by a marching band or two. You probably will also see a little higher attendance and attention paid to the daily flag retreat ceremony. I would imagine that "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" probably also gets increased attendance on 7/4.

Finally, prepare for the park to be >very< crowded. July 4th is traditionally pretty high on the list of the busiest days of the year.

-Jeff

thamnarestan
06-29-2002, 11:41 AM
If I were you, I wouldn't go to Disneyland on 4th. From what I've heard, suspicious middle eastern men have been active in the park in recent weeks. Just ask a CM next time you're in the park.

cstephens
06-29-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by thamnarestan
If I were you, I wouldn't go to Disneyland on 4th. From what I've heard, suspicious middle eastern men have been active in the park in recent weeks. Just ask a CM next time you're in the park.

I think people should refrain from passing along bogus information designed simply to frighten people. If there were some kind of actual threat or danger, the resort would be closed. It's a shame that people have to behave in this fashion.

thamnarestan
06-30-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by cstephens

I think people should refrain from passing along bogus information designed simply to frighten people. If there were some kind of actual threat or danger, the resort would be closed. It's a shame that people have to behave in this fashion.

disguy
06-30-2002, 11:56 AM
For the cm's that are saying things about Fourth of July and saying not to come..I'd be carefull, If your employer found out what your saying you'd for sure be canned.

RStar
07-01-2002, 08:21 AM
By saying stuff like that you are helping out the terrorists. Whose side do you want to be on? Be carefull about what you say. There are always middle eastern tourists at the park, and in what way are they being "suspicious"? Who first said that? Let's not let our imaginations run wild....:(

I went to the park on the fourth ONCE, and vowed never to do that again! It was a mad house! I prefer to stay home with the family to light off our own fireworks ( mainly because I still can in Garden Grove:D ).

I DO NOT plan to change my ways because of terrorists. I won't let them win.

Have a safe and happy Independance Day everyone, and God Bless America!