PDA

View Full Version : Special Buttons

cyby
07-03-2007, 11:04 PM
What types of special buttons are there are DLR? I recently went on my first trip to WDW and my friends happily got us first visit badges.

Inkyprintz
07-04-2007, 05:32 AM
I've seen first visit and birthday buttons. There might be others for special occasions. I believe you get them at City Hall but I may be mistaken!

Park Freak
07-04-2007, 06:07 AM
There are also Happy Anniversary and Just Married buttons. And yes, you get them at City Hall. Sometimes there are cast members standing out in front of City Hall so that you don't have to stand in line. You can get them at DCA also, but I can't remember where. I'm sure that someone else will know.

Malcon10t
07-04-2007, 06:17 AM
What types of special buttons are there are DLR? I recently went on my first trip to WDW and my friends happily got us first visit badges.Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Just Married, First Visit, and Honorary Citizen are the ones I can remember.

Stupid_American
07-04-2007, 07:04 AM
They have had Princesses, Pirates, Big Dreamer, and a few others.
They change them from time to time.

adriennek
07-04-2007, 07:40 AM
You can get them at DCA also, but I can't remember where. I'm sure that someone else will know.

DCA Guest Services is to the left as you immediately enter DCA. It's the opposite side of the entry way from the restrooms.

Adrienne

CookieBandit
07-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Do you know if you can get the Princess buttons or Pirates (or the "special" special buttons - not the typical b-day, anniversary, 1st visit, etc) at City Hall, or somewhere else?

JamesDL
07-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Do you know if you can get the Princess buttons or Pirates (or the "special" special buttons - not the typical b-day, anniversary, 1st visit, etc) at City Hall, or somewhere else?

Yes, you get them at City Hall.

bloodnswash
07-05-2007, 09:55 AM
You can also get the buttons from YOMD CMs that are walking around. Also, over by where they have the wait times for the rides listed on the board....there are buttons there too.

PanFan
07-05-2007, 01:25 PM
There are Birthday, Anniversary, 1st Visit, Just Married, Family Reunion, Honorary Citizen, The Call of Adventure (pirate), Fairy Tale Fantasy (princess), Little Dreamers Big Dreams (Mickey), and one for each character breakfast.

In addition to City Hall, many attractions have Birthday, Anniversary, 1st Visit, Just Married, and Honorary Citizen. The other ones can be found at City Hall, DCA Guest Services, or the Information Boards at both DL and DCA. I recommend the Info boards because the waits are usually much shorter there. And the selection/supply at various attractions is rather limited (especially if you want your name on a birthday button).

kennythepirate
07-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Plus you get a button when you do a character meal, but you have to pay for the meal.

ktrm
07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
My kid got a Aladdin and Jasmine Storytelling Adventure Button for being picked to be Jafar at the Aladdin and Jasmine Storytelling show by the Tiki Room. A cute freebie for a memorable moment.

CookieBandit
07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm going to sound greedy here... how many buttons can I ask for? I don't mean like get 20 b-day buttons and 50 1st visits. I mean, like what if I want a princess one and a pirate one and the mickey (big dreamers)? What if it's me, my parents and my sister - can we at least get 4 different buttons (1 button for each person so a total of 4) without getting a "look"?

D15
07-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm going to sound greedy here... how many buttons can I ask for? I don't mean like get 20 b-day buttons and 50 1st visits. I mean, like what if I want a princess one and a pirate one and the mickey (big dreamers)? What if it's me, my parents and my sister - can we at least get 4 different buttons (1 button for each person so a total of 4) without getting a "look"?

Last time we were there we were celebrating a joint birthday- so we got the 2 birthday buttons and were going on our way, and the nice CM at City Hall offered the rest of us (3 more people) Honorary Citizen buttons so we could "be in on the fun" :) So I'd say you can all at least each get one sans-"look"!

Leap for Joy
07-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I think there is one for International Visitors too.

amarvel
07-06-2007, 08:24 AM
i had no idea about all the variety of buttons, i just thought there were happy birthday ones, i think we will get my son one of the first visit ones next month, and while i am there might try to get one of the others for myself and hubby. thanks for the thread!

mousemom
07-06-2007, 09:09 AM
We used to get a button when we went to Goofy's but the last few times they didn't give us one. Do we have to ask for it or are they not doing that anymore??

Another Dimension
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
There are Birthday, Anniversary, 1st Visit, Just Married, Family Reunion, Honorary Citizen, The Call of Adventure (pirate), Fairy Tale Fantasy (princess), Little Dreamers Big Dreams (Mickey), and one for each character breakfast.

In addition to City Hall, many attractions have Birthday, Anniversary, 1st Visit, Just Married, and Honorary Citizen. The other ones can be found at City Hall, DCA Guest Services, or the Information Boards at both DL and DCA. I recommend the Info boards because the waits are usually much shorter there. And the selection/supply at various attractions is rather limited (especially if you want your name on a birthday button).

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p0219e7f09dc23806a6e77c8694fa96df/e951315a.jpg

Haven't seen pics of the rest... yet.

MermaidHair
07-06-2007, 04:30 PM
So, if you take a trip to DL for your birthday and you get a button do you only wear it on your birthday or do you wear it the whole trip? What if you are on your "birthday trip" but your actual birthday does not fall in those dates? How do you choose what day of your trip is your "birthday" and wear your button?

D15
07-06-2007, 06:08 PM
So, if you take a trip to DL for your birthday and you get a button do you only wear it on your birthday or do you wear it the whole trip? What if you are on your "birthday trip" but your actual birthday does not fall in those dates? How do you choose what day of your trip is your "birthday" and wear your button?

I think it's a personal choice- we usually only wear the birthday button on the birthday "day" and wear it for the duration of the day, but I've had friends who wore theirs the whole trip because they liked them so much. Most of the time a birthday trip for us doesn't include the exact day- we just pick a day to celebrate. Sometimes the day closest to the actual birthday, and sometimes just randomly at the whim of the birthday boy or girl :)

misdisney
07-06-2007, 09:58 PM
We're going in Nov. can I just go to city hall or the reader board and ask for a Pirate button? Does it have to be for a special occ.? My daughter and I are pirates, we even went as far as to go to the world premiere in May at Disneyland for POTC 3 ... so cool. Anyway I would love any help.:p
Thanks

Mermaid
07-06-2007, 11:30 PM
I think you could just assk. Last time I was there we asked for First Visit button for a friend of ours that was there. They were out so we got Princess buttons instead.

CookieBandit
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Just a little story about the buttons - we went on July 21st - they didn't have princess or pirate buttons (we asked at the wait times board and at City Hall) - apparently the whole resort was out of them. We asked at the wait times board first thing in the morning, so I guess they had run out of them the day(s) before.

We eventually got the Dreamers button from City Hall, and then from the wait times board - the honorary citizen and the 1st visit buttons. When we went to the wait times board in the afternoon, the CM was helping someone. I walked up and saw a transparent box with buttons (yellow, light blue-green and purple) so I knew it was the 1st visit, b-day and honorary citizen. There was another CM standing next to the podium and she asked if we needed help. My sister asked for the honorary citizen button and the CM was like "oh, let me look." She pulls out a key and opens the little cabinet under the wait times board - there's a couple of cardboard boxes, each with a different button on the front, and I guess those boxes were empty. Then she says "hmmm". I thought she was about to say "I'm sorry, we're all out" and I almost started jumping up and down - "they're right there! they're right there!!!"

What she actually said was "let me ask [the other CM, who was helping someone] - we're in the middle of switching shifts so she might know where they are." And then I was like "um, are those the buttons right there?" (Why yes they are!).
;)

kranders
07-26-2007, 01:15 PM

I think your thinking too hard.;) Just do whatever you want! Wear it every day of the year if you want to.
I was by the wait board in Disneyland on my last trip and one of the YOMD cast members was there. He was quizing my wife and I on why we were there, is it a special occasion, etc. We finally figured out that he had all these buttons and was just looking for an excuse to give us one. We were not there for a special occasion but he ended up giving us an anniversary one anyways since we told him we were coming back in October for it.

Bytebear
07-26-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't know if they have a button, but they do have a sticker for those who have "boo boos" in the park. Often, the security guards have them, and give them to kids who fall and scrape a knee or other minor injury not requiring them to go to first aid, although I bet first aid has them too.