PDA

View Full Version : 4th night free is back!

Pages : [1] 2

disneychick
07-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi all...just wanted to share that the 4th night free promotion appears to be back! We just booked through WDTC last night for a 7-nt stay at the GCH in early December, and we got the promotion. It was also offered through Expedia and Travelocity, but WDTC actually had the best total price for our package.

I haven't done the research yet to figure out what span of dates are involved, but it's definitely out there and worth looking for! :)

AngelInside
07-03-2007, 11:10 AM
hi, i'm interested in booking, is the WDTC through the disneyland resort website? I'm unfamiliar with it. thank you

disneychick
07-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Yes, exactly - it's the travel packages that you can book through the disneyland.com website. I've also been hearing that getawaytoday.com has rooms with the promotion as well - you just have to hunt around to see who will have the best price for what you're looking for :)

tinker3
07-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I just checked travelocity & Expedia for early November and it wasn't there. I will check other sites, thanks for the heads up :)!

wenidog
07-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I have been looking everyday on the WDTC site and in our newspaper for the 4th night free promotion. Did you just ask the WDTC people specifically or is the promo showing up in your area?

disneychick
07-05-2007, 10:34 AM
It showed up online for my dates - on the disneyland.com site, expedia, and while it was on travelocity, they didn't have availability at the GCH for my dates.

There's also been an active thread over on the DIS board - someone posted the travel agent info for the program yesterday, as apparently the Good Neighbor hotels are included now, too.

disneychick
07-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Here's the link for the Good Neighbor hotel info as posted on the DISboard:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1504858

There have been posts from people over there who have booked the promotion in October, and others in Nov/Dec. I'm not sure how it all works, but it's definitely out there. :)

kikid
07-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi;
Looks like both WDTC and GetAway Today are offering the '4th night free', beginning late August.
kikid:)

DisneyMa
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Is this offer ONLY for the good neighbor hotels are the Resort hotels also offering it?

kikid
07-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Is this offer ONLY for the good neighbor hotels are the Resort hotels also offering it?
I was looking at the Grand. I'm sure all three hotels at the DLR are offering the deal.:)

atrder9901
07-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know how long they are offering the promotion? We are going sometime in December, but we are waiting until September to book to make sure we are positive that those days will work. Do you have to book by a certain date in order to get the 4th night free promotion?

neverlander
07-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Thank you for the heads up! I just called WDTC, and for a $25 'change' fee, we saved over $500 for our late Aug. stay at GCH. I almost paid off our trip this morning. I'm so glad I put it off because I don't know if they would have refunded the money after the fact.

disneychick
07-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Neverlander, that's awesome - that's a good chunk of change!

DisneyMa, the promotion is indeed being offered at the Resort hotels - they were actually listed first. The link I posted is specific to the addition of the Good Neighbor hotels to the promotion, but the information is the same for the DL properties. We booked into the GCH for early December and did get the 4th night free through WDTC. HTH!!

disneychick
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know how long they are offering the promotion? We are going sometime in December, but we are waiting until September to book to make sure we are positive that those days will work. Do you have to book by a certain date in order to get the 4th night free promotion?

According to the fine print, the offer should still be available - the bigger question is if rooms will still be available that qualify for the deal. They typically only allocate a certain number of rooms for the promotion, and once they're booked that's it - even if the hotel technically still has space, you won't get the rate if the allocated rooms are gone. We ran into this last year - WDTC and Expedia showed no rooms, but the hotel directly had space. We wound up booking through Costco, because they DID still have some of their allocation left for the promotion - the weird thing is that the Costco packages were provided by WDTC, but WDTC couldn't offer the space, as it belonged to the Costco packages.

wenidog
07-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I just called WDTC, we have an existing reservation for early December. They told me that the 4th night free was only being offered at DLH (all room types) and at the GCH with the resort view w/ concierge rooms only. She told me to check back later in the summer for other rooms:mad:

Goosegirl
07-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I had put the down payment down on our package back in May. We will be in Disneyland in October. We booked through AAA. I called and gave them my reservation number and the CSR changed my reservation to reflect the savings. We are staying at the PPH for 4 nights and we saved $100.00 with the Stay 4/pay3 deal. I was charged the $25.00 change fee. It was no problem to change it.

MelissaR
07-06-2007, 08:43 AM
:confused: I called the travel agent who booked my package for November (we won a trip :D) and she said she tried to get the reservation changed but that the change was not allowed because she booked the trip in May. They said they would have to cancel the whole package and re-book the trip and we would lose out on over $200 (travel insurance and a $100 cancelation fee). I cannot figure out why they would tell her that and others have been able to change their reservations for a $25 change fee. I am wondering if I should call. The package is mostly paid off, only about $350 is remaining (which is about what we would save with this deal). If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

neverlander
07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
:confused: I called the travel agent who booked my package for November (we won a trip :D) and she said she tried to get the reservation changed but that the change was not allowed because she booked the trip in May. They said they would have to cancel the whole package and re-book the trip and we would lose out on over $200 (travel insurance and a $100 cancelation fee). I cannot figure out why they would tell her that and others have been able to change their reservations for a $25 change fee. I am wondering if I should call. The package is mostly paid off, only about $350 is remaining (which is about what we would save with this deal). If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!
Melissa, if I were in this situation, I would definitely pursue it further. What does the fine print state about changes and cancellations? Did she reserve through the hotel? I think I would then call the hotel to find out what the policies are. If it turns out she's right, at least you'll have the peace of mind from the knowledge that it wasn't an option...
I'm sure many travel agents are very competent, and I obviously don't know anything about your's. However, I have a few friends who have claimed to have educated their own travel agents regarding some aspects of their DL vacations.
If it doesn't sound right, and it doesn't feel right, I would encourage you to further investigate.
Good luck! I hope you get the discount.

Mermaid
07-07-2007, 12:11 AM
I would press your travel agent also. She should be able to change it.

Thanks for the heads up!!

V.I.N.CENT.
07-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Was able to get it last night for a stay in December at the GCH. The rep at Disney Travel told me that is was available for standard, park view, and concierge. Downtown Disney view was not available for the 4th night free. Had to wait 22 min on hold before a supervisor could approve, but for $350 in saving it is worth it!

Boo's Mommy
07-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Yay!!! We're booked for October!!!

DebT
07-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the information Disneychick. I just got back from vacation in Idaho and one of my first goals on arriving home was to see if anyone had posted about 4th night free yet. Mouseplanet is awesome. I am so excited! We will book our October trip this weekend.

wenidog
07-11-2007, 07:25 PM
OK...I've tried twice to change my existing reservation for early December to take advantage of the 4th night free. Spent time while they consulted with "Casey" a supervisor, only to be told they were"sold-out" of the rooms included in the promotion. I already have a room, which is indeed a room included in the 4th night free. I was told when I made this reservation in April that a $25 sevice fee would be assesed, but once a change would be no problem. WHAT'S THE DEAL! I've never had this type of problem before! We have stayed at the GCH many times. I told her that the offer is all over the travel sites and that many folks on the message boards have already changed their existing reservations. I'm not a happy person going to the "Happiest place on Earth!"

neverlander
07-12-2007, 06:36 AM
OK...I've tried twice to change my existing reservation for early December to take advantage of the 4th night free. Spent time while they consulted with "Casey" a supervisor, only to be told they were"sold-out" of the rooms included in the promotion. I already have a room, which is indeed a room included in the 4th night free. I was told when I made this reservation in April that a $25 sevice fee would be assesed, but once a change would be no problem. WHAT'S THE DEAL! I've never had this type of problem before! We have stayed at the GCH many times. I told her that the offer is all over the travel sites and that many folks on the message boards have already changed their existing reservations. I'm not a happy person going to the "Happiest place on Earth!"

Have you attempted to arrange a reservation on-line just to see if the promotion comes up for your dates? If it does, you could then declare that you can see rooms available on their website and press further.
It sounds like their "allotment" may have been reached during your timeframe. If I were you, I'd keep investigating just to make sure.
I'm sorry that this hasn't worked out for you so far; I hope you're able to get a reduced rate!

splash
07-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Does anyone know how long the promotion lasts? We aren't going until March.