PDA

View Full Version : Pooh ride

mkyears
06-25-2002, 07:46 PM
? What exactly is the pooh ride going to be another dark ride or what anything cool about it

Ace
06-25-2002, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just another dark ride... the radio/gps (can't remember which) from Japan might not be used on this one for cost reasons. Wow, I actually answered a question with information that's useful. woo woo!

malin
06-26-2002, 02:55 PM
As far as I know its similar to WDW version of Pooh.Which is quite a cute dark ride.For more info I would check out WDW sites.

On another note does anyone know if Pooh DL version will keep the Tigger bouncing efect.Ive heard it may be out due to budget cuts.

TTFN
Ta Ta For Now

smd4
06-26-2002, 03:03 PM
I just thought of this...

Boy! Did Disney miss the boat with Splash Mountain! That ride would have been easy to theme for Pooh (think Pooh and Piglet getting lost on a river in the Hundred Acre Wood) instead of a movie and characters most haven't heard of!

Then, they could have kept CBJ, still had a grerat E ticket ride, make a ton of dough on cross-merchandising Pooh stuff, and everyone would be a winner!

(Geeze, someone there should hire me to figure out all these problems...):D

disguy
06-26-2002, 03:06 PM
that would have been cool! Only one problem, what would they have done with the 99 or so Audio animitronics they had left over from America Sings? I guess they could have themed it to that also.

smd4
06-26-2002, 03:10 PM
Yeah, Pooh is a little light in the character department (not that he doesn't have any--there aren't that many in the stories). But Song of the South didn't have that many either! So, you could have kept many of them (as other denizens of the Wood) and converted others to the familiar Milne characters.

cstephens
06-26-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by smd4
I just thought of this...

Boy! Did Disney miss the boat with Splash Mountain! That ride would have been easy to theme for Pooh (think Pooh and Piglet getting lost on a river in the Hundred Acre Wood) instead of a movie and characters most haven't heard of!

Then, they could have kept CBJ, still had a grerat E ticket ride, make a ton of dough on cross-merchandising Pooh stuff, and everyone would be a winner!

I would be one of those who would have been really disappointed. I'd rather sacrifice Country Bears than Splash. Hey, maybe they can make a movie based on the characters in Splash...

Disney Nick
06-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by cstephens

Hey, maybe they can make a movie based on the characters in Splash...

LOL.... :D

marron-cream
06-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by smd4
That ride would have been easy to theme for Pooh (think Pooh and Piglet getting lost on a river in the Hundred Acre Wood) instead of a movie and characters most haven't heard of!

The last part can be easily remedied... release the frickin' movie in the US like it has been in the rest of the world. Somehow most European kids have no trouble identifying Brer Rabbit and friends.

9oldmen
06-26-2002, 04:19 PM
One problem wiith the "Splash/Pooh" idea, is that you would then have a ride with a family/kiddie theme, which many of the smaller children would be un-able to ride.

Disney Nick
06-26-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 9oldmen
One problem wiith the "Splash/Pooh" idea, is that you would then have a ride with a family/kiddie theme, which many of the smaller children would be un-able to ride.

Ah very good... I didn't even think of that. That would be a big problem...

smd4
06-27-2002, 07:08 AM
And the current "Song of the South" theme, with Bre'r Bear and Bre'r Fox, and a bunch of cute bunnys and other assorted animals, isn't kiddie themed?

tabacco
06-27-2002, 09:47 AM
Hrmph. If only kids actually knew Song of the South.

merlinjones
06-27-2002, 09:55 AM
Song of the South is one of my favorite movies - - Leave Brer Rabbit alone until Disney comes to its senses (or needs the money badly enough) and rereleases the still fresh picture!

AliKzam
06-27-2002, 11:38 AM
I was a kid the last time "Song of the South" was released in theaters-- some time in the 80s-- and my mom wouldn't take me to it. I said, "But it's a Disney movie!" She said "No." She never liked it, I guess.
Pooh deserves a dark ride, yes. It would have been nice if if they could've expanded Critter Country, rather than remove CBJ. But it does deserve a dark ride.
It does not deserve a mountain. It will never deserve a mountain. Unless Mickey can get one first.
Unless it can be called "The Great Big Mound of Pooh"! :p