PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of the portobello mushroom dish at Blue Bayou?

happyfunball
07-01-2007, 09:31 AM
anyone tried this and care to give an opinion on if its any good? my gf is a vegetarian and never been to disneyland before and i wanted to take her to the blue bayou but this is the only vegetarian dish on the menu so her options are limited and I'd prefer she had a good experience rather than choking down some barely tolerable meal just for the sake of ambience.

emmah
07-02-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm vege too and I didn't care for this dish at all. Ironically, I did enjoy the sides (a dish of sauted spinach and some grilled vegetables) far more - but as I understand it, they don't offer these anymore. as a result, we haven't been back to BB. It's hard to find decent vege food anywhere at DL but at least at other places there is a choice of bad food. if i'm going to pay that much for a meal, I want it to be something I actually want to eat... but everyone is different and I am sure there are some fans out there or they wouldn't keep serving it year after year...

The Real Cinderella
07-02-2007, 09:21 AM
I am a vege as well. (But I do not do mushrooms, under any circumstance.) Here's a little Blue Bayou secret for you. They have a "vegitarian menu" that they don't publish. That being said, the vegitarian menu consists of two things: veg. gumbo, and a pasta dish that is simply delish. The gumbo is also quite tasty. We love going to the Blue Bayou and eat there at least once every time we go.

This info is relevant as of Labor Day '06. Don't know if they've changed their selections at all. These dishes aren't on the printed menu, so you have to ask for them.

Vegitarian eating in the parks is a bit tricky, but it is doable if you do a bit of research first. Anywhere that sells burgers will grill you up a veggie burger. Tasty, but gets old after a couple of times. The pizza place in Tomorrowland also has a lot of good options, as far as vegitarian and cheese pizzas, pastas, salads, etc. We usually eat a good portion of our meals there because (in my opinion) they have the best variety. You can usually find at least one veg. option at most restaurants. And if you don't see one on the menu, be sure to ask. They may have "secret" options, just like the Blue Bayou.

adriennek
07-02-2007, 04:18 PM
You can also call ahead and talk to the restaurants - especially at the nicer restaurants - about your options. You might consider calling ahead to one of my all-time favorites - Napa Rose - Andrew Sutton's crew frequently customizes menus or makes adjustments for allergies, so I'm sure they'd be happy to help create an amazing vegetarian meal.

Adrienne

bloodnswash
07-03-2007, 08:28 AM
My sister had this once and said it was "Alright".

spectromen
07-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm not a veg but I LOVE mushrooms and I have ordered this twice. I hate to admit, but it sucks. It's usually overcooked and flavorless. In this case, I'd recommend the 3-cheese Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans instead.