PDA

View Full Version : Any other AP's glad to be blocked out?

River Belle
06-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I LOVE Disneyland--I really do. But after our trip last week, I have to say that I'm a little relieved I'll be blocked out for the next six weeks or so. It was already packed at 10 a.m., and though the lines themselves weren't too terrible, navigating the crowds was some serious work.

I believe that a "bad day" at DL (and I've NEVER had one of those, btw) is better than a "good day" anywhere else, but I'm ready for my summer siesta. In addition to avoiding the park during peak season, I know that after this break I'll be getting excited about my visits in the fall!

bloodnswash
06-30-2007, 03:04 PM
We don't have any dates blocked out on our passes, but I understand exactly what you are saying. If it's possible we try to avoid the park until after Labor Day; way too many people. And when there's too many people, well, let's just say that a whole lot of unpleasantness can occur. It's just not worth it......not even at DL. :)

Koala Gurl
06-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Yes, since I have little kids. However, even with the crowds / heat, there is just something fun about being there on a summer day (maybe staying until midnight? Added entertainment?)

That said, there are still a few weeks in August to enjoy the extra summer stuff, so yes, I am glad to be in my A/C home, instead of sweating in a long line with other sweaty people. :D

SANDYMARIE
06-30-2007, 06:20 PM
I know that I could never make it through the summer months! Can't take the heat or the crowds! I guess I will always be an off seasoner, unless I was given a FREE trip. :D

TTFN

cstephens
06-30-2007, 09:05 PM
I've never had to deal with a blackout day since I've always had a premium, but I can't say I'd ever be happy or relieved being blacked out. If I choose not to go for one reason or another, that's my thing. Totally different if they won't let me go, at least not without paying extra money. Hot summer days aren't that much fun to spend all day at the park - that's why it's nice to be able to go for a meal or just an hour or two to do something specific.

Niwel
07-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Hot summer days aren't that much fun to spend all day at the park - that's why it's nice to be able to go for a meal or just an hour or two to do something specific.

That's my feeling too -- wish I was a bit closer to be able to do it, but it is nice to know that it is an option. :)