PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your Disneyland fix?

CaptainTom
06-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Ahoy! I am curious how others get their DL fix (besides spending countless hours on mouseplanet) I am starting to run out of ways and my trip isnt until Nov!! please help...

mommy-san
06-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Disney parades on Youtube!

Squeaky
06-30-2007, 12:51 PM
I play LOTS of Disney music. I have the '50 Years of Music' set that was sold during the 50th at the parks; it has lots of theming sounds (cars and horns: sounds of Main Street, jungle cruise boat: sounds of adventureand. etc.) and of course, ride music! I also have the classics set volumes 1-6. Lots to keep me going! :D We also play all Disney music on our 6 hour drive to Disneyland.

Foodie
06-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Disney parades on Youtube!
You can also look at all the rides, and they have Billy Hill and the Hillbillies shows at Youtube. It's a great resource!

For me, I get all my books and look through them and my pictures. I also have a couple tapes of old Vault Disney specials taped from the Disney channel over the years. I don't know if they still do, but they used to show old episodes of Walt Disney Presents, and I got all the ones featuring Disneyland I could. There's a fun one with the Osmond Brothers and Kurt Russell going on the all-new Haunted Mansion. There's also stuff from the 50's. It's a great way to get a Disney fix!

-Foodie :D

River Belle
06-30-2007, 02:38 PM
I think I saw a similar thread to this awhile back, and since I didn't post to that one, I'll weigh in here and second the "You Tube" fix. What a great way to do some armchair (or desk-chair) traveling. There are really some great theme park videos on this site!

Theme park soundtracks are GREAT--especially if you listen to them while looking through old trip photos. Enjoy the MP photo contributions, too!

jory29
06-30-2007, 03:02 PM
My daily ritual now is mouseplanet - this forum specifically - I always look for the new postings, etc.

My Sunday routine now involves planting myself at my pc for quite some time, and watching the Disneyland youtube videos, etc. I also often go to the Disneyland official website, to see what's new, etc. I am looking forward to when the schedule of rides renos, parades, etc. will be posted.

We also won't be going until November either, and after this trip we aren't sure when we will be able to get back, :( [but it is so much fun to anticipate the countdown to your trip, isn't it?] :)

I also look up Disneyland in it's former days, and view clips of Mr. Walter Disney himself. What an inspirational and amazing man he was! I also have a great book of Disneyland, called "Disneyland... The beginning" Author/Photographer is Carlene Thie. Very nice book.

Sometimes googleearth can be your friend, too, to see hotel distances from the Park, etc.

darph nader
06-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Weell,when my grandsons are at the house,the youngest knows 'exactly' where the Disneyland Sing Along DVD is. We watch it over,and over (and over).:rolleyes:The little munchkin is less then 2yrs old (and has never been there)
Heaven help us next year though.:cool:

my3girls
06-30-2007, 03:50 PM
To get my Disney fix I-

Surf the Disney fan boards
Look for blogs or threads that have trip reports with pictures
Listen to my Disney CDs
Watch the planning DVD
Work on a few Disney scrapbook pages (maybe I'll finish it before my youngest marries someday :p )
Look at my Disneyland and WDW souvenir books

limace
06-30-2007, 05:24 PM
DD and I spent a lot of time yesterday, when I was home sick, watching ride videos on visionsfantastic.com. She was determined not to go on Star Tours til she saw the video :)

We also like to watch our vacation planning DVD though I have to say I'm not totally in love with the current one. Still, it'll do for now...

neverlander
06-30-2007, 06:00 PM
DD and I spent a lot of time yesterday, when I was home sick, watching ride videos on visionsfantastic.com. She was determined not to go on Star Tours til she saw the video :)
Yes, our 7 yr. old daughter is most comfortable with what's familiar. We love VF. Instead of viewing this as a spoiler to rides, I see it as an enhancement to our future experiences. There have been some attractions that she has sworn off, but she is adament about trying them now that she's seen them. BTW, hello back at another Eugene DL fan.

Back to the inquiry...
MP, for sure.
VF!
RideMax
DLR website
Home videos
TV taped segments
CDs
DVDs
picture books
photo albums
DL entertainment schedule
reservation confirmations
incessant DL vacation discussions

I've made it pretty easy for myself, lots of options to choose from. I have a pretty convenient fix, except that it's rarely "the real thing." (Too far away!)

SANDYMARIE
06-30-2007, 06:17 PM
MousePlanet
VisionsFantastic Radio
Disneyland Resort Website
Disney Music
Disney Outlets
Disneyland Books
Vacation Planning

It's kinda funny how our photographs and home movies aren't enough anymore! :rolleyes:

TTFN

limace
07-01-2007, 07:14 AM
I wish our local Disney Store hadn't closed, as that was another great fix. I also wish we had cable so we could watch the great Disney shows I hear mentioned every once in a while. I'm jealous!

kiki
07-01-2007, 08:07 AM
mouseplanet
vacation planning
DL website
picking out my clothes
changing my clothes decision
watching the weather forcast
watching all my disney movies

It's kinda funny how our photographs and home movies aren't enough anymore!

I soo know how you feel! I now kinda avoid all pictures of past vacations because I makes me want to go NOW,NOW,NOW!!!!!

Inkyprintz
07-01-2007, 09:00 AM
I was at DL in March and will be going to WDW in Oct. In addition to everything mentioned above, I have just discovered that our grocery store has Mickey shaped foods! I purchased Mickey shaped burgers and Mickey and Pooh shapped cheese ravioli. It's not much but it's getting me through the weekend!

Canadiana Jones
07-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Disneyland guide and history books are my favorite. Since the place will never be finished, there will always be something new to read about! I hit a major score a couple weeks ago when I was looking through my parents old travel books and came across a stack of Disney guide books. I even found the 25th anniversary book from the year i was born (also my first trip to the DL). Also, my better half downloaded a screen saver from a disney website that you can load your photos into and then they randomly appear on the screen. This has really helped get us through till our next trip (8 days baby!). I also enjoy searching for Hotel deals from the time the trip is booked.

Looking at my post I have to think, how many 20-somethings get excited over a Disneyland Book? That place has magical powers man!

Petersgj
07-01-2007, 09:52 AM
We like to get out our home videos and photos from past trips. It really helps us to re-live the magic and anticipate our next trip.

futurecm21
07-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Well the first thing I do is always read over my books, once I've gone through all of them I check out the mouseplanet boards, then I go look for current Disney news, watch youtube videos, and finally if I'm still not satisfied I'll watch the vacation planning DVD. Its really hard being away from Disneyland or Disney World.:crying:

futurecm21

luckyamber
07-01-2007, 10:02 AM
I watch my Adventureland DVD and hang out with my Enchanted Tiki Room friends. :D

nvmom
07-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I enjoy coffee in my Disneyland Tinker Bell coffee mug while checking mouseplanet, or randomly punching dates into travel websites for Disney vacations, or reading Anaheim hotel reviews on tripadvisor.com. I also look at pics from previous trips.

Since dh & I just found out we're most likely going to Disney World next March this has opened up a WHOLE new world of Disney info for me to research :)

nvmom

LaZerKittyAz
07-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Where can I find DVDs of those old Disney episodes featuring Disneyland? I have "Disneyland USA" one but there are so many more epis that I miss and want to see!

PinokeFan
07-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I spend time every day on VMK (Virtual Magic Kingdom) where I can stroll down Main Street, take a ride on Peter Pan or Alice, "eat" at the Blue Bayou, go on a Jungle Cruise, catch ghosts in the Haunted Mansion, etc., etc.

wvnative
07-02-2007, 07:36 AM
We, being my self and my DD (16)
look through scrapbooks from our previous trips
discuss things we need to be sure to do on our next visit
discuss our favorite things from our last trip
discuss which friend is coming on our next trip
watch the planning DVD's
discuss which hotel and whether to fly or drive for our next visit
watch our Disney movies
discuss menu's and make restaurant decisions

I, of course, visit at least three Disney forums almost daily. I check hotel pricing at least weekly. This time around, I have been offering my sister money saving tidbits so she'll relax about having to spend so much money on a vacation (she's never been). She's pretty much down to only having to pay for food, her ticket, and any souvenirs she buys since I've opted to drive and I'm paying for the hotel since I'd have to have a room whether she was there or not. lol