PDA

View Full Version : Parking Ticket at Mickey & Friends?

smanrick51
06-30-2007, 09:29 AM
I went to the Park on Thursday with a few friends. My girlfriend met us up after she got off of work. As she arrived at around 7pm, there was nobody in the Mickey & Friends structure to direct her of where to park. She assumed that she would end up on the top level, so that is where she headed. It was in no way blocked off, but she found herself the only car up there. She thought that kind of odd, but didn' think much else of it...

As we retuned to the car at the end of the evening, we found that she was still the only car up there! We laughed because she was the ONLY car on the entire level. But as we got to the car we noticed that there was something on the windsheild... Sure enough, we got a parking citation at Disneyland! The citation said that we were parked in an "unauthorized area".

So, what does this mean? Has anybody else ever heard of this happening? We are so confused about the whole situation...

Thanks!

Andrew
06-30-2007, 11:39 AM
What is the actual text of the "citation"? Disneyland Security is not a sworn public safety agency and cannot issue actual citations.

disneyhound
06-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Sounds to me like you have a piece of DL memorabilia that the average visitor is unlikely to ever see!

biolabetty
06-30-2007, 06:33 PM
I've never heard of a parking ticket on private property before. One month ago we too didn't have anyone that was parking us in the structure. Everyone kept going literally around in a circle in the level, so I finally just picked a row and found a spot. If they expect you to park where they want you, they should at least be there to show you where that is.:)

Gutz
07-01-2007, 12:07 AM
One of my few complaints about the DLR involves the parking structure. Often when you arrive later in the day, you are directed to park in a row which was filled up earlier, but now has many open spaces. However on many occasions, nobody directs you to which space to park in, so you drive down the lane, go too far because there are no spaces left and end up having to drive all the way around again. It especially affected me last year when while making one of those return trips around the parking level, someone driving down one of the lanes was driving too fast, didn't look to see me coming on the right and plowed into the side of my car, causing extensive damage.

Katlovett
07-01-2007, 03:48 PM
What is the actual text of the "citation"? Disneyland Security is not a sworn public safety agency and cannot issue actual citations.

Maybe it was like the one I got in a private parking lot, where it complained that I had parked too close to the car next to me (I had parked within my stall, but the stalls were very narrow!) It essentially warned me that my license plate number had been recorded and I would be in REAL trouble if I ever did that again.

Katprint

AVP
07-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Anaheim PD does issue tickets on Disney property, at Disney's request. I cheer whenever I see them ticket some moron parked in a blue space w/o the appropriate plate / placard.

AVP

Darkbeer
07-01-2007, 04:33 PM
State Law allows Police Departments to issue tickets for handicapped parking without the proper placard/license plate. They do this at a lot of malls all the time, I know in San Diego, they have a special unit (not police officers, but police employees allowed to issue citations, similar to meter parking enforcement personnel. I also think they can site and order towed vehicles in a Fire Lane

But that is the only type of tickets that the Anaheim PD can issue on Disneyland parking areas.

AVP
07-04-2007, 01:57 PM
But that is the only type of tickets that the Anaheim PD can issue on Disneyland parking areas.That is not completely accurate - Anaheim PD also issues tickets if you are parked too long in the short term parking lot off Harbor. I believe the citation is for trespassing.

AVP

mowsluver
07-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Speaking of parking....on the bottom level (handicapped parking) there are spaces marked "15 minute parking" or something very much like that. We have seen cars parked there from morning until night. What in the world would the 15 minutes be for????

DizneyMommy
07-05-2007, 06:15 AM
For dropping off and picking up teenagers.

RStar
07-05-2007, 08:27 AM
What is the name of the issuing entity, Anaheim Police? Does it look like a real police "yellow copy" of a true citation listing a court (I belive it would be West Court) and an "appear by date" and signed by an officer of the law, or was it just a security notice? Was the parking spot marked for no parking, handicaped, or fire lane?

I would contact DL (security?) about it. If you were not parked in any of those types of spots listed above, and the drive was not coned off, and no CM was there to direct you, then you should have not received any kind of citation. It may very well be some sort of CM revenge for parking where you don't want to.

Other than way before the park opens there should be no time when you are the only one on the whole floor. I would have thought twice about it, particularly at 7 pm. However, citations should not be issued because parking was not doing their job by having someone posted at all times, and because a guest got lost. That's just wrong.

mowsluver
07-06-2007, 09:33 AM
About those '15 minute parking' spaces...were you joking about them being used for picking up teens??? :confused:
Who would pay the parking fee just to pick up kids? Plus we have seen cars parked there all day long....
Are you playing with my head????:p

adriennek
07-06-2007, 03:14 PM
About those '15 minute parking' spaces...were you joking about them being used for picking up teens??? :confused:
Who would pay the parking fee just to pick up kids? Plus we have seen cars parked there all day long....
Are you playing with my head????:p

I believe there's a special pass to display on your dashboard that would allow you to park in a 15-minute spot for free. Or, if you have an AP it would also be a non-issue. :)

Adrienne

DizneyMommy
07-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes, there is a special pick up/drop off pass you can get. If you tell them at the parking booth that you are dropping off they will give you a very bright piece of paper with a letter on it that tells the person directing traffic that you are short term parking and they will direct you to that front row 15 minute parking. You do not pay, but they do watch - not a good plan for sneaking in. I have friends who use this regularly for bringing their teens and picking them up at night.

Not too sure about cars parked there all day, I have not seen that before but then I don't really check. Maybe they use it for regular or disabled parking when the park is really crowded.

Another Dimension
07-06-2007, 04:02 PM
I believe there's a special pass to display on your dashboard that would allow you to park in a 15-minute spot for free. Or, if you have an AP it would also be a non-issue. :)

Adrienne

Quite often the tollbooths issue a wide pink slip of paper that says EXIT on it.. for the Eisnerplex 15 minute spaces.

DizneyMommy
07-06-2007, 04:03 PM
EXIT! That's right, THAT's what it says, I knew it had some big letters on it! :-)

adriennek
07-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Not too sure about cars parked there all day, I have not seen that before but then I don't really check. Maybe they use it for regular or disabled parking when the park is really crowded.

Yes, disabled plaquards are exempt from a number of parking regulations, so that's definitely a possibility.

Adrienne

Mermaid
07-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, it seems to me taht if there was no-one there directing traffic then you should be able to argue the citation. Let us know what happens!