PDA

View Full Version : "Famous" CM's

Nancy
06-29-2007, 01:30 PM
I know there are CM's like Maynard that everyone looks for. Do any of you have a special CM you look for on each trip? What makes them special?

(We look for Farley the fiddler in Frontierland, Steve the fireman driving the firetruck and Shannon in the WoD in DTD.)

MermaidHair
06-29-2007, 02:43 PM
It is so funny that you posted this because I was thinking about doing the same thing after seeing the thread on Maynard.

Unfortunately, I do not get to the parks often enough to have any relationships with CMs but I look forward to other's responses.

BIRDGIRLS
06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
AH! I love Lee and Ignacio and Doug! They work on California Screamin' and give me and the other two bird girls fastpasses for any ride (excluding Nemo) when we drop in. They like to talk to us on the intercom too. They say things like "Raise your hand if you're ditching school!" when we're there on a day we don't have school. They're definitely funny guys.

minniemom
06-29-2007, 03:08 PM
The CM I look forward to see everytime is the old guy who works at the entrance into DCA for the GCH. I know he was mentioned on this site as being over aggressive, but he is always nothing but nice to us!!

bloodnswash
06-29-2007, 03:46 PM
There is one that I look for. I lovely older gentleman.....he has invited me (and whoever is with me...sister or husband) to Company D on several occasions. He is an absolute sweetheart!!! One of the nicest guys I have ever met.

neverlander
06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
The CM I look forward to see everytime is the old guy who works at the entrance into DCA for the GCH. I know he was mentioned on this site as being over aggressive, but he is always nothing but nice to us!!
I think I know who you're talking about. I appreciate that he'd thorough, but still personable when he's done taking care of business!

Mark Mywords
06-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Bob, the older CM who will sometimes hand out suckers to little kids.

We've seen him at Fantasmic crowd control and other areas around the park.

PanFan
06-29-2007, 07:06 PM
I still like to look for Jack, my WIWF tour guide. Since it was he who first encouraged me to apply at DL, I like to share with him my progress in the company (like now I know not only IASW, but also Classics--9 attractions in FL, and Storybook Land; and I just found out today that I'm going to be a trainer on IASW!).

Burnt Toast
06-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Jack, big older gentleman that also does University training? He's really nice.

PanFan
06-29-2007, 07:16 PM
^ Yup! Same guy! Did you have him for Traditions?

Burnt Toast
06-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Yup, the fourth time around. Jack is awesome.

PanFan
06-29-2007, 07:28 PM
^ I definitely second that (or did I first it?)!

You can't believe how unbelievably stoked our team was that we actually beat his team in Minnie's Moonlit Madness! He is such a wealth of knowledge (he was just unfortunate enough to land all of the math-related puzzles!).

Malcon10t
06-30-2007, 08:40 AM
I still like to look for Jack, my WIWF tour guide. Since it was he who first encouraged me to apply at DL, I like to share with him my progress in the company (like now I know not only IASW, but also Classics--9 attractions in FL, and Storybook Land; and I just found out today that I'm going to be a trainer on IASW!).We will look for you! Don't know where you will be working, but we will be there the 15-20th of July, so if you see a large group with a service pup (yellow lab, yellow jacket, wearing black booties in the afternoon), feel free to ask if we are the strange people from Mouse Planet. (Ask the girl with the dog, as she and I are the only ones, the other 14 will have no clue.)

adriennek
06-30-2007, 03:54 PM
but we will be there the 15-20th of July

We haven't figured out what and where and when yet but there will be a meet on the 17th and you BETTER be there.

I've had a few CMs over the years that I've gotten to know. I don't know if they're famous or not. I recently found out that a long time CM lives near me and we run into him around town. He's SO sweet to my boys.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
06-30-2007, 04:06 PM
We haven't figured out what and where and when yet but there will be a meet on the 17th and you BETTER be there.
<g> Hopefully we should be there. MDM has claustrophobia, so sometimes crowds get to her. But as long as we know where, there is a very good chance we will make it. We are traveling with a very large party (20) and we are "in charge", but can break away. We have a VIP tour on Monday with some seatings scheduled on Tues, so will know more when Disney gets back to us.

Another Dimension
06-30-2007, 04:17 PM

Pappy?

He's always very cool to me! :cool:

PanFan
06-30-2007, 08:38 PM
We will look for you! Don't know where you will be working, but we will be there the 15-20th of July, so if you see a large group with a service pup (yellow lab, yellow jacket, wearing black booties in the afternoon), feel free to ask if we are the strange people from Mouse Planet. (Ask the girl with the dog, as she and I are the only ones, the other 14 will have no clue.)

I don't know my schedule for those dates yet, but will find out on Friday. I would love to take you around on a Storybook Cruise!

MickeyDogMom
07-01-2007, 12:04 AM
I don't know my schedule for those dates yet, but will find out on Friday. I would love to take you around on a Storybook Cruise!

That'd be cool. I'm her daughter BTW. Love storybook. I acutally began to fall back in love with it during our last trip. It was relaxing to do in the middle of the night without it being too crowded.

Inkyprintz
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I still like to look for Jack, my WIWF tour guide. Since it was he who first encouraged me to apply at DL, I like to share with him my progress in the company.....

I only get to visit DLR every few years so I didn't expect to add anything to this thread...but I have met Jack and he was the greatest! In March, my BF and I were on the WIWF tour. Our tour guide was Kristen who was great too but Jack was there when we checked in for the tour then he handled the Club 33 portion at which time Kristen mentioned that it was my BF's first time at DL. Jack came back while we were eating lunch to give hime a 1st visit button! I thought that it was so sweet! And he was such a wealth of Disney knowledge. We could've talked to him all day!

disneynut
07-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Bob, the older CM who will sometimes hand out suckers to little kids.

We've seen him at Fantasmic crowd control and other areas around the park.

Bob is great! We met him a few years ago at Country Bear. He entertained my son , who was a toddler then, while we were waiting for the next show. He signed my son's autograph book as "Country Bear Bob". I think the last time we saw him he was doing crowd control for the parade last year. And, yep, he gave my kids suckers! Glad to hear he's still around. Wonderful CM.

danyoung
07-02-2007, 09:11 AM
I don't think this guy is actually employed by Disney, but Justin, the bartender at the Uva Bar, has become a friend over the years. Nice to have an out of town bartender call you by name and set up your wierd drink without even having to ask!

motomickey
07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
He is THE BEST server! He usually works mornings so go for breakfast and enjoy a wonderful experience!:)

ladodgerjon
07-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I LOVE the ladies in the DL childcare center. Always upbeat, caring and interested in your child's development.

I truly miss Rod-- the former pianist on mainstreet.

Ryan Schwartz used to be a jungle boat skipper and Main Street RR conductor-- a really nice guy that always took interest in stoking kid's interest in trains. He's missed (not sure why he's no longer working at the DLR).

The Engineers on the DRR are GREAT! VERY friendly!

cstephens
07-02-2007, 12:02 PM
He is THE BEST server! He usually works mornings so go for breakfast and enjoy a wonderful experience!:)

When we were still eating at Carnation (before they changed the menu that now has nothing that any of us like), we would specifically ask *not* to be seated with Bob and have actually waited longer for another person's station to open up. I know a lot of people like him, but we had horrible service from him on two occasions - that was enough.