PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help please?

disguy
06-25-2002, 12:30 PM
I have been to Disneyland many many times and already three this year...I'm going again on July 11th I'm currently looking for a CHEAP hotel room which I have found at Econo Lodge at West Katella ave. It says they are directly across the street but I want to make sure that is very EASY walking distance....I'm not into the walking a mile from my room type deal.

I also saw Econo Lodge MAINGATE which says it's 2.5 miles away....my question is does anyone remember exactly what is directly across the street from the Pedestrain enterance? You'd think after so many visit's I would write this stuff down!

Thanks for your help.

P.S If anyone knows any good deals or a great place to stay let me know :)

daannzzz
06-25-2002, 12:59 PM
There is no Econo Lodge directly across from the maingate. I am pretty sure the Econolodge you are looking at is between the Travelodge at the Park and the Stovalls Inn. It is located half a block form the intersection of Disneyland Drive and Katella. It is an older motel that recently became and Econo Lodge
You could walk to the "south entrance" and catch a tram. This would be about a 4-6 minute walk depending on the stoplight. Or you can walk up and catch the monorail which would be a 10-15 minute walk.
The Econlodge Maingate is Two and a half blocks ( not miles) from Disneyland and is north of Disneyland on Harbor Blvd.

morganmack
06-25-2002, 01:08 PM
In the DisneyLand travel agent's guide, the hotel which are listed as being "across the street" are:

Anaheim Faifield Inn By Marriott
Park Inn Anaheim
Best Western Park Place Inn, Anaheim
Best Western Anaheim Inn
Carousel Inn and Suites
Tropicana Inn and Suites
Ramada Maingate

Out of the hotels listed above, my Aunt (the Travel Agent) told me that the best value of room "niceness" and price is the Carousel Inn and Suites (714-758-0444) and it is not much more expensive than the Econo Lodge. She said that the Econo Lodge IS cheap, but that the rooms are almost inadequate for a trip to DL - she said that it would compare to a one-star hotel, whereas the Carousel, for about $10-15 more per night, would be comparable to a three-star hotel, and have comparable location.

daannzzz
06-25-2002, 01:10 PM
Check the prices on the Howard Johnson Plaza on Harbor Blvd. I have stayed here a few times and really like it. Sometimes they have fairly inexpensive rates. The rooms were recently remodeled and are comfortable.

disguy
06-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Thanks so much for your help! I'm almost embarassed that I don't know this info. I'm an AP holder and being there so much you'd think I'd take the time to write things down :) but you all know how it is when your there...just isan't enough time

disguy
06-25-2002, 01:55 PM
I got it! Carosel Inn for 69.00 a night! great price thanks for all your help and good think I have an entertainment card otherwise it would have been 89 :)

Disney Nick
06-25-2002, 02:26 PM
For the Carousel Inn and other hotels, here's a tip. About 7-10 days before you leave, be sure to check Orbitz.com for your hotel. They usually post a special "web rate" that has a pretty good deal sometimes. I've gotten carousel for 59.00/night when I booked it about 5 days in advance. Just a little piece of info, try checking it out before you leave and be sure to cancel your other reservation 48 hours in advance!

Disney Nick
06-25-2002, 02:27 PM
You missed the 2nd closest hotel to the Main Gate, the Park Vue Inn. I'm staying there July 4th-7th and I'll let you guys know how it is.

morganmack
06-25-2002, 02:43 PM
I am going from June 30th - July 6th, but I am staying at a Suite at the Hilton Suites Anaheim/Orange because I got a great deal and my girlfreiend is going with me, so we wanted a little "nicer" accomodations . . . otherwise I would have stayed at the Carousel following my Aunt's advice. But she recommended that I stay at the Hilton Suites for the nicest room for the most reasonable rate. I am interested . . . has anyone stayed at either the Hilton Suites or the Carousel?? Were you impressed with the value for the $$$ ?? Please advise

Disney Nick
06-25-2002, 02:46 PM
Carousel is the #1 value for your dollar in my opinion. Great location, clean, nice rooms, just all around I was very pleased with this place. Granted you can get nicer, but you pay for it in location and price.

heidiwhr
06-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Expedia.com also lowers rates on hotels at DL 2 weeks prior to your stay. Be sure to check it out to see if you can get any deals.

Also, i have stayed both at the Carosel Inn and the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. They are both pretty much accross the street from DL on Harbor Blvd. For the price, I really prefered the Carosel Inn. Once you got to the hotel, you didn't have to walk forever to try to find your room. Of course, the MOST convinient was the Grand Californian, which we got for half price on the expedia deal, but that would still be twice the 69.00 rate you have now.

Have fun!

Matterhorn Fan
06-25-2002, 04:36 PM
If you want a quiet room at the Carousel, ask for one of the rooms on the right side. On the left are five stories; on the right is one level over some parking spaces (nobody running and banging around above you). The only problem (for some people) is that there's no elevator--you'll have to take the stairs.

Ace
06-25-2002, 05:16 PM
Try Priceline.com. We got rooms at the Marriot (which is much classier than those cheap thangs) for $40/night.