PDA

View Full Version : What's that site again? [Fuel Prices]

Disneylanding
06-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I was on here about a few weeks ago and I saw a thread where it took you to a site that would calculate gas prices for your trip. My husband, the kids and I are headed out to Disneyland tomorrow. We don't know whether it would be cheaper to fly or drive. I was wondering if anyone had that site on hand?

OR if you by chance live in Utah *Ogden-ish/Salt Lake City area* about how much do you spend on gas getting down to Disneyland?

THANKS!!

Bytebear
06-28-2007, 07:16 PM
I can get to Vegas from OC on one tank. I figure it's about 2.5 tanks, and I hold 15 gallons, so I would estimate around 38-40 gallons of gas to get to Salt Lake. Maybe a little more to Ogden. This is a very rough estimate, but I would say at $3.50 a gallon, so that's $140 to get to Disneyland. Anyone have a better estimate?

Malcon10t
06-28-2007, 08:00 PM
I was on here about a few weeks ago and I saw a thread where it took you to a site that would calculate gas prices for your trip. My husband, the kids and I are headed out to Disneyland tomorrow. We don't know whether it would be cheaper to fly or drive. I was wondering if anyone had that site on hand?

OR if you by chance live in Utah *Ogden-ish/Salt Lake City area* about how much do you spend on gas getting down to Disneyland?

THANKS!!Look at utahgasprices.com then expand it for your route to see gas prices. Many areas have gas under $3. Don't know what the flight would be.

Bytebear
06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
You're right. $3.50 is high. Maybe $2.50-$280 is more accurate.

Drince88
06-29-2007, 03:59 AM
There are also gas prices on AAA's website (www.AAA.com), but since you have to put in your zip code so you get directed to the right AAA site, they might not have gas prices in other areas.

Oh, actually, I just went and tried it, and you can 'plan a trip', and then focus in along your route and find the prices for gas stations along the way.

mkraemer
06-29-2007, 09:21 AM
You're right. $3.50 is high. Maybe $2.50-$280 is more accurate.

Yeah, $3.50 is a bit on the high side, if you're getting the cheapest unleaded, even where I live (Bay Area), which is usually expensive.

I would be *thrilled* (in a relative way, but not entirely, mind you) to be paying 'only' $2.50.

(Yes, yes, I know it's a bargain compared with Europe, but I'm not driving there right now!)

Darkbeer
06-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Right now, in Anaheim, you might find gas a few cents under $3, but just over $3 is average.

www.orangecountygasprices.com (http://www.orangecountygasprices.com)