PDA

View Full Version : Temp in Late August?

erh12275
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
We are thinking about a trip in late August. But wondering what the temperature will be. We live in Blythe so here it will be in the 120's or close to it. I know it won't be anywhere near that there but wondering how hot it will be?

Bytebear
06-28-2007, 01:59 PM
it can get to the high 90s if not higher. The beach areas will be cooler and the inland areas will be hotter. Anaheim is about halfway leaning toward inland.

AlbertaMinnie
06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
We have visited in late August 3 times now. The hottest temperature we encounted was 114 one day at Universal Studios. All the other days surrounding our trip ranged from the high 90's to low 100's. Then again....I am very lucky with weather during our trips and have NEVER experienced DLR in bad, rainy or even cool weather....even the year we spent New Years Eve there! But yes, August can be very warm.

shna
06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Be sure to pack a sweater or a light jacket though. If we're having typical dry weather, it will be quite hot during the day, but the temperature will drop dramatically after the sun goes down. If it's humid though, it will likely stay pretty warm.

leota's necklace
06-28-2007, 03:55 PM
It's hot, but doable. I try to go early in the morning, leave during the heat of the day for a nap and a shower and fresh clothes, and then come back near sunset to finish the day. Dry clothes really improve my attitude. I also try to drink more water than usual and plan things like the Haunted Mansion and Blue Bayou for respite. Mickey's house also has killer air conditioning, in a pinch. Wear a hat so you don't bake in the outdoor queues.

Chadsgal
06-28-2007, 09:26 PM
I just looked up the average weather for my trip in late Sept early Oct her is a link to the Aug averages. //http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/USCA0027?climoMonth=8&x=11&y=10 (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/USCA0027?climoMonth=8&x=11&y=10)

kiki
06-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Its about 90 or so. Sometimes it might get a little humid (not nearly as much as WDW)but mostly its dry desert air. But it is not too bad. At night, it drops to about the upper 60's to low 70's with a bit of an ocean breeze so bring a light jacket.

mkraemer
06-29-2007, 09:59 AM
We went at Labor Day last year, and it was hot (not our hottest-ever trip) but hot consistently for days. We went through our water like crazy, and the CMs were even having a hard time keeping up with demand (much less having it iced cold).

I don't like the taste of city water in Anaheim, but some wise friends from this board suggested using individual flavoring packets to help with the taste. Brilliant!

Stay hydrated, and cool off where you can (the little water area in Bugs Land is great!)