PDA

View Full Version : What *one* TL attraction would you want?

06-05-2001, 06:36 AM
If you were to add *one* attraction to Tommorowland, what would it be? Would you revive a deceased classic? Doctor-up an existing one? Imagineer a totally new attraction? Make a rumored attraction a reality?

merlinjones
06-05-2001, 06:39 AM
Adventure Thru Inner Space utilizing new technology to make the effects even more psychedelic (still an Omnimover ride-through, not a fixed simulator... but perhaps using 3-D projection in parts of the ride like Spider-Man)!

Matterhorn Fan
06-05-2001, 06:42 AM
Personally, I'd like to see something--anything--going on in the skies of Tomorrowland once again. An old attraction (Rocket Jets, Peoplemover, even the Rods), or a new one.

lisap
06-05-2001, 06:57 AM
I would love a cool Buzz Lightyear ride on the people mover track.
I would also love a new Star Tours sequence! I hope the pod racer rumor is true.
The only reason we go to Tomorrowland anymore is to go on Autopia.........

80S ERA
06-05-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Personally, I'd like to see something--anything--going on in the skies of Tomorrowland once again. An old attraction (Rocket Jets, Peoplemover, even the Rods), or a new one.

The original concepts (by Herbert Ryman?) of the old tomorrowland had lots of things going on in the skies -- something Orlando TL continues to do with Ave of the Planets / TTA.

I do miss the Peoplemover, however. It would be nice to see that old concept updated similar to what is called TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) in Orlando. I know its a boring ride, but its capacity and reliability makes it useful to tour the sights from above and get from one place to another. I'd like to see it used like the old skyway - that is: being used as a ride as well as a mode of transportation (i.e. - to the parking lot or hotels?) Besides, the old Peoplemover tracks were designed for a slow moving, touring ride.

I would like to see the return of the CircleVision theater, too. Classics like American Journeys and America the Beautiful can be digitally remastered along with bringing the TimeKeeper attraction here.

I wouldn't see any difficulty with bringing either attraction here since the cost would be very cheap. Also, it is consistent with the ongoing Disney Theme Park Motto: "Think cheap and copy attractions from other Disney parks."

tabacco
06-05-2001, 09:41 AM
I'd like to see something completely new and innovative go in. Surprise me :)

Ralph Wiggum
06-05-2001, 09:42 AM
Updated Peoplemover or Capt. EO

Corith
06-05-2001, 09:47 AM
Using the America sings/ Carousel of Progress rotating building, a show based on the history of technology. How we got to where we are, and were we (might) are going.

It could use show elements nd concepts from Epcot's Space Ship Earth, the old Epcot's Horizons attraction, the Old Carousel or progress, and some content Ideas from James Burke Connection series.

To really make it a big crowd draw, and give it repeatability (always a problem with Disneyland show type attractions in California), have three different scripts performed at random.

Oh yeah, it needs a real catchy tune.

Morrigoon
06-05-2001, 10:02 AM
I'd like to see them update the technology of the Peoplemover to make it more reliable. On a crowded summer day when you've had enough of the heat and the masses, it was one ride that lasted longer than its wait.

I'd like to see the Skyway back too, but I guess that's a bit much to ask, between the spitting kids and the ADA requirements. I'm not sure how you'd make gondolas accessible.

Journey Through Innerspace could be really cool with modern technology.

I'd love to see the podracer update to star tours!

*ahem* Rocket Jets on top of the peoplemover platform again PLEEEEEEASE!

MagicBeliever
06-05-2001, 10:09 AM
If they MUST leave the rockets on the GROUND, I insist that they do something different with the... whatever that is... on top of the old PeopleMover station. As in, tear it out and put something entertaining in.

We definitely DO need something in the skies!

And make it non-carnival-ish....

dgthx
06-05-2001, 10:47 AM
I'd love to see an exhibit on the history of the cellular phone, sponsered by Verizon wireless. Oh no wait....Disney's current mentality is taking over my brain...must....fight...it....can't let cheap, uninventive attraction go in.....must think with my heart like Walt......phew!!!! I'm back now, and I'm all better. That was scary. If this continues on much longer, then we all might be assimilated into the new Disney style of WWWND? (What Would Walt Not Do). A scary thought indeed! :eek:

AliKzam
06-05-2001, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Corith
Using the America sings/ Carousel of Progress rotating building, a show based on the history of technology. How we got to where we are, and were we (might) are going.

To really make it a big crowd draw, and give it repeatability (always a problem with Disneyland show type attractions in California), have three different scripts performed at random.

Oh yeah, it needs a real catchy tune.

I like that idea. It would be great if there could be a dark ride in Tomorrowland, using many audio-animatronic figures like Pirates or Haunted Mansion. It would be neat to actually ride through an American town caught up in the industrial revolution (they could Disney it up and have there be no pollution), riding through massive gears, and everyone singing about the wonders of machines! It could star Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell! It could be patriotic! And it could open up into a gift shop (I'm trying to please everyone here, okay? In case a certain someone has people reading this for him)! Ooh! They could build a little connecting pathway into Main Street, so the land of yesterday can be connected with the land of tomorrow, and with a ride to boot!
I really should be working for them, but I've decided to devote my life to acting! Oh well, their loss. Maybe they'll take me in as a tour guide so I can have a day job? :D

ODV CM
06-05-2001, 05:08 PM
Alien Encounter

Mr D
06-05-2001, 07:06 PM
How about an undersea "Land of Atlantis" ride in Jules Verne style submarines? and.......... "Pirates of the Cosmos" a futuristic yet retro dark ride of pirates in old fashioned sailing ships that sail through space in search of a mythical " Treasure Planet"? A high volumne ride like POTC but still having pirates, battles, lasers, nuclear cannons, cyborgs ( do they still keep the movie props from " The Black Hole? ) this could wake up Tomorrowland, btw the movie is not a rumor as I have recentl heard its in process at Disney Australia Studios due out 2002, Treasure Planet

CTB21
06-05-2001, 07:19 PM
Alien Encounter would be good, Test Track would be better.

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 02:36 AM
Bring back Monsanto's House of the Future! Put it on top of the Rocket Jet platform! Yay!

justagrrl
02-07-2002, 08:10 AM
Well, my first thought was to bring back the people mover.

But then - I got to thinking - how about a ride of some sort related to the Matrix movie?