PDA

View Full Version : DCA shopping pass

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-27-2007, 07:44 PM
I know you can get a 1 hour shopping pass for DL, but wasn't sure if it was good in DCA too?
A friend and I are going next month, I have an AP, but she does not. She wasn't planning on getting a park hopper, but would like to take a quick peak in DCA. Wanted to see if the shopping pass was an option for her?
TIA!

Malcon10t
06-27-2007, 08:18 PM
I know you can get a 1 hour shopping pass for DL, but wasn't sure if it was good in DCA too?
A friend and I are going next month, I have an AP, but she does not. She wasn't planning on getting a park hopper, but would like to take a quick peak in DCA. Wanted to see if the shopping pass was an option for her?
TIA!
Yes, it is, but I would not try any rides. The chances of break down just aren't worth a one day ticket.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Yes, it is, but I would not try any rides. The chances of break down just aren't worth a one day ticket.

Nope, we weren't planning on trying any rides. She hasn't been to Disneyland since 1999, so she wanted to just take a peak in DCA and see what it looks like etc. Last she saw, it was a parking lot.
Thanks for the info Malcon. We will go over if time permits.

dehnehsu
06-28-2007, 06:01 PM
We used the Shopping Pass in DCA to get a couple Fantasia Ice Cream cones! (When they had them) I picked up some Star Tours (Star Wars) action figures as well. Glad to know they still offer the passes!

cstephens
07-01-2007, 07:10 AM
We used the Shopping Pass in DCA to get a couple Fantasia Ice Cream cones! (When they had them) I picked up some Star Tours (Star Wars) action figures as well. Glad to know they still offer the passes!

I'm thinking you mean DL and not DCA since Fantasia ice cream cones and Star Tours action figures would have been from DL and not DCA.

jory29
07-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Here's some info. [from mousesavers.com] about the shopping pass...

One Hour FREE at Disneyland

Here's a little-known bit of information about Disneyland in California: you can enter the park for FREE for one hour or less with a "shopping pass." The intended purpose of this program is to allow someone who forgot to purchase a souvenir the opportunity to go into the park and buy it.

A shopping pass may be obtained by visiting the Guest Services Window next to the Main Entrance of Disneyland. The shopping pass provides 60 minutes of park admission at no charge. To obtain a pass, you will need to provide a valid credit card or cash in the amount of a 1-Day Ticket for deposit. You will then be given a ticket with a specified return time. When you return to Guest Services within the specified time, you will not be charged for a 1-Day Ticket. The shopping pass is not available after 4 pm.

They are very strict about the one-hour time limit, and only one person in your party will be allowed to do this. Some people have been asked to show a receipt when returning to Guest Services -- others have not.

Malcon10t
07-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Here's some info. [from mousesavers.com] about the shopping pass...

One Hour FREE at Disneyland

Here's a little-known bit of information about Disneyland in California: you can enter the park for FREE for one hour or less with a "shopping pass." The intended purpose of this program is to allow someone who forgot to purchase a souvenir the opportunity to go into the park and buy it.

A shopping pass may be obtained by visiting the Guest Services Window next to the Main Entrance of Disneyland. The shopping pass provides 60 minutes of park admission at no charge. To obtain a pass, you will need to provide a valid credit card or cash in the amount of a 1-Day Ticket for deposit. You will then be given a ticket with a specified return time. When you return to Guest Services within the specified time, you will not be charged for a 1-Day Ticket. The shopping pass is not available after 4 pm.

They are very strict about the one-hour time limit, and only one person in your party will be allowed to do this. Some people have been asked to show a receipt when returning to Guest Services -- others have not.Some of the info is not 100% correct. I have gotten a shopping pass after 4pm. I have taken a party of 3 inside (it was all 3 of us.)

jory29
07-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Some of the info is not 100% correct. I have gotten a shopping pass after 4pm. I have taken a party of 3 inside (it was all 3 of us.)

Thanks for the clarification. :) :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I think she has just decided to spend the extra money and go with the parkhopper.

dehnehsu
07-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm thinking you mean DL and not DCA since Fantasia ice cream cones and Star Tours action figures would have been from DL and not DCA.

It was DCA, Back before it was hosted br Dreyers, I got the Fantasia cones at "Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream" where the Train Facade is. We puchased the ice cream and sat near the train facade, people watching as we devoured our cones. The Star Wars items were sold at "Engine-Ears Toys" Weird they would sell Star Wars items at DCA, but I guess they wanted to squeeze every dollar out of guests pockets!

cstephens
07-01-2007, 10:01 PM
It was DCA, Back before it was hosted br Dreyers, I got the Fantasia cones at "Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream" where the Train Facade is. We puchased the ice cream and sat near the train facade, people watching as we devoured our cones. The Star Wars items were sold at "Engine-Ears Toys" Weird they would sell Star Wars items at DCA, but I guess they wanted to squeeze every dollar out of guests pockets!

Hmmm, ok, I sit corrected. I didn't think Fantasia was ever sold anywhere other than Main Street, and yeah, Star Tours items in DCA is weird. Thanks for the correction!