PDA

View Full Version : One date night... Grandma & Grandpa are taking the kids!

minniemom
06-27-2007, 05:10 PM
On our next trip, grandma and grandpa are planning on watching our kids one night , so the husband and I can have a night to ourselves. What should we do? It has been years since I have been to DLR without kids. There are so many choices, what would you do?

neverlander
06-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Because our children are young, we would most definitely go on all those exciting, "big kid" rides together.
If our kids were old enough to enjoy all the attractions we do, definitely Napa Rose and the lounge. (DTD lounges, too.)
A nice walk around the resort hotel grounds may be peaceful. A fireworks viewing spot away from the crowds?
I'd be thinking a separate hotel room if gram & gramp are spending the night...
Have fun!

aymieb
06-28-2007, 05:51 AM
My mom and dad take the kids one night when we go too. We usually go have a nice dinner (Napa Rose, Catal, Vineyard in DCA). Then we go to the park and go on a few rides. Get dessert somewhere. Then walk around the Disneyland Hotel (koi ponds, get a drink at the Lost Bar). Then we head home. We usually are in by about 10:30 as the kids get up early! We are going in August and are already looking forward to our date night. Have a great time!

adriennek
06-28-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm a big fan of the Napa Rose.

Frankly, any ride with just my husband is a treat. I'm not complaining, mind you! One time we went on Soarin' because we had some time before our PS at Napa Rose. Last weekend we went out to dinner with some friends at DtD and then hit Haunted Mansion and defeated Zurg (Buzz Lightyear - warning, if you're competitive, this might not be a romantical ride if your husband takes all the good targets from you and gets a score twice as high as yours... just a heads up... :eek: )

Adrienne

limace
06-28-2007, 11:39 AM
My mom just mentioned her plan to do the same thing when we're there, so have to think of what to do. I like the idea of watching the ELP from the Vineyard, but Napa Rose is very tempting, too.

minniemom
06-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Is there a good place to do some wine tasting? We usually don't drink when we have the kids to worry about. I think a relaxing night with some wine tasting and some rides might be the trick. I also like the idea of walking around the DLH.

neverlander
06-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Oops, sorry. Meant to start a new thread on the wine topic.

disneyshoes
06-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Wine Tasting at DCA is exactly what we have planned for date night :) Otherwise we would never get a chance to even go in!
We leave on Sunday and I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!