PDA

View Full Version : What is the best walking distance hotel for $150 or less per night?

Pages : [1] 2

tinksmom
06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
. . .not counting discounts. We would like a close hotel, clean, fairly attractive room and a decent pool area. Breakfast is not necessary. We've always stayed at the GCH but just can't afford the price anymore.

Thanks. . .

emmah
06-27-2007, 04:15 PM
My vote would be the Anaheim Sheraton - it's a great hotel, comfy beds, and a nice quiet 10 minute walk in the morning, with a fantastic private (free) shuttle if you just can't walk another step. The couple of times I have stayed there, I booked through getawaytoday - which turned out to be a lot cheaper than the sheraton website.

Darkbeer
06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Howard Johnson's on Harbor has wonderful grounds, two pool areas, nice large rooms and is reasonably priced. It is also walking distance, about 6/10th of a mile from the lobby to the Main Entrance Plaza, much closer than the Sheraton Anaheim.

You can even get a discount at this link

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

screamin4ever
06-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Howard Johnson's on Harbor has wonderful grounds, two pool areas, nice large rooms and is reasonably priced. It is also walking distance, about 6/10th of a mile from the lobby to the Main Entrance Plaza, much closer than the Sheraton Anaheim.

You can even get a discount at this link

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

If you get room on the top flor it has a really cool rounded window effect near the ceiling.

We stay at the Sheraton as well. So rooms are enormous.Seriously. You can hold a small dance in them!

wwithers
06-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Candy Cane Inn.

We didn't like the Sheraton. I think it is badly in need of renovation and when you take price into consideration, no better than the HoJo.

I still like the CCI best, next to the GCH.

Leofoenget
06-27-2007, 06:21 PM
. . .not counting discounts. We would like a close hotel, clean, fairly attractive room and a decent pool area. Breakfast is not necessary. We've always stayed at the GCH but just can't afford the price anymore.

Thanks. . .

Friend stayed at the Anaheim Marriott on Harbor. Hey it's a Marriott. Its walking distance right past Mc Donalds

spectromen
06-27-2007, 06:24 PM
To be picky, the Anaheim Marriott is not the one next to the McDonald's. That's the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. However the former is also walking distance, just a much longer walk.

If $150 is your cap, you have a choice of almost everything surrounding the resort.

Foodie
06-27-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm a big fan of the Tropicana Inn, right across the street from the main entrance. It's usually in the $120 to $140 range depending on the time of year. It's only about a 5 minute walk from your hotel door to the bag check area. It's well worth looking into.

-Foodie :D

tinker3
06-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Another vote for Candy Cane Inn. I have not stayed at HoJo's or Sheraton so I cannot comment on them. We have stayed many time at CCI and DLR hotels and I really enjoy CCI. It is very clean and comfortable. It's kind of a victorian decor with wood shutters. Beautiful grounds, nice pools and comfortable beds. DL is just a short walk, and no need to cross any major roads. My only complaint is the rooms are just a bit small.

DangerMouse
06-27-2007, 06:50 PM
I agree with Darkbeer and HoJo gets my vote. Best off-site pools w/in walking distance to the parks and nice sized, clean rooms with excellent customer service. MiMi's across the street is a Godsend!

Malcon10t
06-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Friend stayed at the Anaheim Marriott on Harbor. Hey it's a Marriott. Its walking distance right past Mc Donalds
The Anaheim Marriot is on Convention Way. Everything in the area can be had for your price. If you want true walking, my vote would be the Carousel. For me, the "walking" hotels would be Hojos, Camelot, Carousel, Tropicana, Park Place, Park Vue, Desert Inn, Del Sol, Anaheim Inn, and CCI.

alexandrasmom
06-27-2007, 07:12 PM
My opinion as a mom who travels with a young child alone: Loved Hojos- great pool, friendly service, clean rooms, felt very safe. I disliked Park Vue Inn- noisy with thin walls, dirty carpet.

TamTab
06-27-2007, 08:23 PM
The Anaheim Marriot on Convention Way.

We stayed here and it was lovely. It's about a 15 minute walk to the parks but it's not a bad walk at all. The hotel was very clean and had a great free hot/cold breakfast in the morning. I would most definantly check out this hotel.

wwithers
06-27-2007, 09:07 PM
The Anaheim Marriot on Convention Way.

We stayed here and it was lovely. It's about a 15 minute walk to the parks but it's not a bad walk at all. The hotel was very clean and had a great free hot/cold breakfast in the morning. I would most definantly check out this hotel.

The Marriott Suites (just a bit further down) is really nice...Marriott has some of the most comfy beds around...CCI's are comfy too.

cstephens
06-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Hands down for us - Tropicana. That's where we stay if we're staying locally for Disney. It's right across the street from the entrance and the king rooms are nice.

Mark Mywords
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Another vote for the Candy Cane.

Just got back from 4 nights there. The hotel was great as always.

TamTab
06-28-2007, 09:37 AM
The Marriott Suites (just a bit further down) is really nice...Marriott has some of the most comfy beds around...CCI's are comfy too.

We stayed here one time also. Got to love those Marriott beds. It's like sleeping on a big fluffy cloud.

Hoppypooh
06-28-2007, 10:07 AM
I guess I'm number 5 to chime in for the HoJo.

adriennek
06-28-2007, 10:07 AM
I really like the Marriott - but is it doable for $150?

We stay at the Marriott when we're going to the Convention Center for a convention but for staying overnight for DLR we like Hojos very much. I have had a better experience at Hojos than my experiences at the DLH.

Adrienne

Jenlan2001
06-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Hojos

We've been staying there for 5 years now and still love it. Mimi's next door and Millie's on the way to the park (we love Millie's for breakfast). The walk is not bad at all and I really don't understand why some people feel that it is. Lovely grounds, very clean, great gift shop and pools, and a professional staff.

yenko427
06-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Stayed at Tropicana last month and the "fairly attractive room" was not applicable in our case. Yes, very close, clean and nice pool.

Our two queen room (actually two double bed room) was so small we climbed over the bed to get to the two seater table to sit. No closet or area to put your luggage so the three of us stepped over luggage to get to the restroom and use the sink. Beds were not comfortable.

I think it really depends on what your needs are. My Dad and his wife stayed in the room next to us and they had the same complaints as we did.

We are going to try the BWPPI in Sept. if there are no AP rates at the resort hotels. The rooms there are supposed to be bigger, roomier and look more attractive on the website than the Tropicana.

bloodnswash
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
We like either the Candy Cane Inn or the Holiday Inn on S. Walnut (you end up walking to the park through Downtown Disney).

jeffthechef
06-28-2007, 03:18 PM
HoJo's followed by CCI.

tinksmom
06-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone!

Is the Hojo's so much nicer than the motels right at the gate that its worth the extra walk on tired feet in the evening?

mkraemer
06-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks everyone!

Is the Hojo's so much nicer than the motels right at the gate that its worth the extra walk on tired feet in the evening?

I've never thought the extra walk was worth even trying the place.