PDA

View Full Version : Question for FastPass system experts

EpcotMex
06-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I read on another site that some ride's FP system is not connected to the main FP system, allowing to get a FPs even before the time stated in your current FP. Is this true?

Sorry, my english is not perfect, I hope I explained myself right.

emmah
06-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes, it is true. IN DL Roger Rabbit is not connected, and in DC its Grizzly River Rapids. You can have a FP for each of these at the same time as a current FP for another attraction in each park.

EpcotMex
06-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Thank you very much, emmah, you will save me a couple of hours of my life! I will be there some day between July 10-20.

emmah
06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
another difference you will find at DL from WDW with regard to FP, is that at DL you can use a FP hours after its expiry. As long as you return AFTER the window opens, you can use it at any time during the day (this is an unofficial thing, but well known by MPers). What this means is that the most effective way to use FP is to run around in the morning collecting them as fast as you can (often first thing in the morning, the return hour will be 40 minutes later, meaning you can collect another one in 40 minutes) and saving them up for the afternoon and evening when the standby queues are out of control. when we go, we'll collect half a dozen or so before lunch, then when we come back later in the day, we're set for the evening.

EpcotMex
06-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the tips!

Do you have a strategy, for example first go to Indiana Jones, get FP, then ride another, then get FP for Space Mountain, etc.?

Darkbeer
06-27-2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=fastpass

EpcotMex
06-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Thank you for this usefull info.

I will review the park maps to find out the best FP "route" so I don't need to cross the park several times.

A Big Fan
06-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Best strategy = Ridemax

Leap for Joy
06-29-2007, 07:03 AM
I will review the park maps to find out the best FP "route" so I don't need to cross the park several times.

You can buy Ridemax and it will put attractions in the best order for you. It's very effective and not expensive at all. If you'll only be in the park for one day, I think it's essential.

When you use it, be sure to indicate in the Plan Options area that you will use late fastpasses.

ridemax.com (http://ridemax.com/)

wwithers
06-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Actually, you can use your fastpass anytime after your window opens at WDW. In fact, I have been told (although never done it) that you can even use your FP the next day.

Also, unless I remember incorrectly (or unless it's changed), different rides in DL are "outside" the system at any given time. When we were there a couple of years ago, it was Splash. Another time I believe I was told it was Indy (and while I've been there several times since, I rarely think to check).

The Unofficial Guide has attraction strategies for many different vacation scenerios.

VickiC
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
The only rides outside the system are Roger Rabbit (which you rarely need a FP for anyways) and GRR.

I find it highly doubtful they would let you use a FP the next day.

wwithers
06-29-2007, 04:13 PM
The only rides outside the system are Roger Rabbit (which you rarely need a FP for anyways) and GRR.

I find it highly doubtful they would let you use a FP the next day.

You may find it highly doubtful, but the CM that told us seemed to know what he was talking about (he did actually work there and all).

I also actually know of people who have done it with no problem

Insofar as "unhooked" attractions changing...

Now, not every attraction is part of the network, 2 attractions (at present, and these attractions have changed many times) don't look at the network.

So, at the moment the 2 stand alones might be GRR and RR but it likely will change somewhere down the line.

Bolivar
06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Any clue as to why those are not counted against the fastpass you already have. Surely it isn't as simple as "it isn't connected to the network". I would imagine they made a conscious decision to exclude them. Anyone know why?

JohnGar
06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Thank you very much, emmah, you will save me a couple of hours of my life! I will be there some day between July 10-20.

Try to make it on July 17, as that is the 52nd anniversary of the opening of Disneyland Park.

VickiC
06-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I have heard Cast Members give out incorrect information to guests about Fast Pass and how it works. In general I've found MP members to have more reliable information on certain things than CM's!

Burnt Toast
06-29-2007, 11:45 PM
I have heard Cast Members give out incorrect information to guests about Fast Pass and how it works. In general I've found MP members to have more reliable information on certain things than CM's!

Oh my god really? I've heard the same about APers and people on message boards like MousePlanet and MiceChat that also give out incorrect information because they act like they are Disney park experts because they paid $129+ a year. Shocking!

It goes both ways, y'know. ;)

Burnt Toast
06-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Back to the original topic... I'm pretty sure its only Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin and Grizzly River Run that's "disconnected" from the FastPass system right now.

You should NOT be able to use your FastPass on a different day, it's only meant to be used the day that you got it. However, there are exceptions... like if the attraction you have a FastPass for was down for a good part of the day or the like. It never hurts to ask the Cast Member in front of the attraction.

As of right now you can use your FastPass anytime after the one-hour window that is printed on your FastPass ticket up until Park closing... however, that could change very soon as (from what I've been told) they are starting to crack down a little on this at WDW.

The Real Cinderella
06-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I think the ability to use a FP the next day comes from a CM not examining it closely enough. I mean, they handle so many every hour, they can't pull out the magnifying glass and verify the date stamp on each one.

We were discussing this on our last trip, and my dad ran a little "expiriment". He was using a valid FP (right date and time) but when he flashed it to the first CM, he purposely had his thumb over the date stamp. The next CM didn't even look at it when he took it from my father. So technically, it would be very easy to use one the next day. (Not that I condone this, of course. That is clearly abuse of the system.)

Bytebear
06-30-2007, 08:41 PM
There are a couple ways to buck the system. You can try to use old fastpasses, but if you are caught, you will be reprimanded and not allowed to board. You could also try getting 6 people in on 5 passes, but if caught, they can make one person not be allowed on, but I have found they most CMs do not count stacks of passes.

The Evil Queen
07-02-2007, 01:19 PM
What this means is that the most effective way to use FP is to run around in the morning collecting them as fast as you can (often first thing in the morning, the return hour will be 40 minutes later, meaning you can collect another one in 40 minutes) and saving them up for the afternoon and evening when the standby queues are out of control. when we go, we'll collect half a dozen or so before lunch, then when we come back later in the day, we're set for the evening.
Ok. I know that you can use FP's the same day after the stated time, but if the system only allows for one at a time, how can you run around in the AM and get many? I mean, the system won't spit out another FP until the expiry time for the ones you're holding, right? Or have I missed something, here.

I'm going in October and would REALLY like to do this. I just need to know how...:confused:

Burnt Toast
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Current policy states (I used to work in the FastPass business unit when it was it's own "department") that you are allowed to get another FastPass at a different attraction (other then ones you currently already have FastPasses for) at your return time or in two hours, whichever is sooner.

So lets say you go to Space and you get a FastPass that wants you to come back in four hours... two hours is sooner then your return time of four hours so you'll be allowed to get another FastPass in the system in two hours.

Now lets say you go to Soarin' Over California and get a FastPass that tells you to come back in an hour and twenty-five minutes. The return time of an hour and twenty-five minutes is sooner then two hours so you'll be allowed to get another FastPass in an hour and twenty-five minutes.

If all else fails, always look at the small print at the bottom of your ticket and it'll tell you exactly when you can get another FastPass, whether the FastPass ticket you pull from the machine is a valid one or not. Again, when all else fails just read the gosh darn ticket. You'd be surprised how many people just keep sticking their ticket/pass over and over in the machine and wonder why they keep getting the "Not a Valid FastPass" ticket when all they had to do is read the ticket the first time.

FastPasses "selling out" or running out (I don't like using the term "sell out" because it gives the idea that FastPass is not free for anyone to use) all depends on Guest demand, the number of Guests in the Park, and how many vehicles that the attraction is going to be operating with. There's no set time where the FastPasses run out for the day as there is a lot of different factors that play into FastPass.

EpcotMex
07-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Try to make it on July 17, as that is the 52nd anniversary of the opening of Disneyland Park.

Will be something special for the 52nd annyversary? Will the crowds be bigger?

JohnGar
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Will be something special for the 52nd annyversary? Will the crowds be bigger?

It is a Tuesday, which normally is a "slower" during the summer, but it also is the final day of the NFCC convention, so I would expect weekend size crowds (but more like a Sunday, not a Saturday).

They usually do a couple of things to mark the anniversary: Rerun the dedication speech by Walt on opening day close to the original time the speech was first presented and their might be a pin or button to mark the day and possibly cake.