PDA

View Full Version : MouseFest 2007 - Who's going?

Pages : [1] 2

GusMan
06-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Hello All,
The Mrs. and I were getting our preliminary ADR's out of the way for MouseFest (http://www.mousefest.org/)and it made me wonder who all was planning on being there this year.

We plan on arriving on Friday the 7th and leaving late on Monday the 10th. We plan on doing some of the meets and are now waiting for the official schedule to show up to make our final plans.

So, who's going or thinking about going?

littlej
06-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, I booked our trip (Dec. 2-6) before I knew the MouseFest dates. So we will be there for the first day, but leaving that night. If there's an event that morning that we have time to get to, we will.

Drince88
06-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Considering it - and I just checked Southwest and they've added earlier non-stop flights TO Orlando and later ones FROM Orlando, so I can get even more park time in then I could last year. Hmmmmmm

TinaMouse
06-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Ah, sadly, no. Not until maybe next year. DH thinks there's other places to vacation other than Disney. The blasphemy!

Mr.Abominable
06-27-2007, 08:41 PM
We will be there, along with the rest of The Abominables and also The Flying Saucers(Parents). We are doing the cruise first and will be staying at the Poly until Tuesday. Can't wait to see the itenerary. If any of you are considering the cruise, it is a really fun, but relaxing time. :)

Cheshire Figment
06-28-2007, 05:52 AM
I will be there, but then I commute.

disneygirl17
06-28-2007, 05:58 AM
I want to go... I am looking into cost and squeezing some more time off work! Not sure DH will want to go so I may have to recruite a friend to join me. :confused:

sleepytoo
06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
OK...what is the Mousefest???

GusMan
06-28-2007, 05:59 PM
OK...what is the Mousefest???
Mousefest.org (http://www.mousefest.org) - a gathering of Disney fans from all over. Take a look at the site for more info and sample activities from last year.

Personally, I have never been and I am really pumped to be going this year.

cheshirecatgirl
06-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I'll be there! I commute too. It was great meeting everyone last year!

wdwmartin
06-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I'll be making the trek! I have the worst flights (I cashed in miles). I leave LAX at 1:00am and don't get to MCO until 4pm. It is going to be a long travel day, but worth it I am sure!

I just hope that I make it for Mike Scopa's Dole Whip Meet!

TempoNZ
06-29-2007, 03:53 AM
My wife and I will be there. We leave New Zealand 1/12 get in to WDW 2/12 and don't leave again until the 20/12... right now it seems a very very very very long way away.

Laserman
06-29-2007, 04:24 AM
:)I will be there 6Dec-11Dec.:fez:

DaisyDuck001
06-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey, Everyone!

I'll be there 12/4 - 12/15, and I'm getting small groups of Disney fans together for each meal and activity. Feel free to take a look at my schedule below, and if you haven't talked with me about this already, let me know if you'd like to join me for any of these. ADR's have been made, and I mention below how much space is left in each one. The schedule is slightly tentative in that when the MouseFest schedule is released in fall, I may have to adjust the times of some of the meals during 12/6 - 12/10.

I hope to hear from some of you!

Daisy

Daisy's Tentative Schedule

Tuesday, December 4

• Arrive

MGM
• Brown Derby Dinner, 6:50PM (3 spots left)

• Osborne Lights

Wednesday, December 5

Epcot

• Rose & Crown Lunch, 12:00 noon (5 spots left)

• Flying Fish Cafe Dinner, 6:30PM (4 spots left)

• ~8:45PM Pleasure Island – Meet BetsyAnn’s group

Thursday, December 6

• Boma Breakfast, 8:30AM (4 spots left) -- you'll need a car or taxi to get there, unless you are staying at AKL or AKV -- too early in the AM to count on WDW busses

Magic Kingdom

• 5PM Crystal Palace dinner, 5:10PM (4 spots left)
• 7PM-midnight MVMCP

Friday, December 7

Animal Kingdom
• Yak and Yeti lunch (reservation pending, so let me know if you'd like to be included)
MGM
• Jiko dinner, 7:20PM, 4 spots left

Saturday, December 8

Epcot

• Garden Grill lunch, 12:10PM, 3 spots left

• Biergarten dinner, 6:55PM, 6 spots left
• 9:00 PM Illuminations
• 9:30 PM Kimono’s karaoke

Sunday, December 9

Magic Kingdom

• LTT lunch, 11:40AM, 3 spots left

• Artist Point dinner, 5:30PM, 3 spots left

• 7 PM Campfire Singalong?
• 9:30PM Jellyrolls Meet w/Karen’s group

Monday, December 10

• 9:00AM-12:30PM Yuletide Fantasy Tour

MGM
• Sci Fi Dine-In lunch, 1:30PM, 3 spots left

• Fantasia Gardens mini-golf?
• Boatwright’s dinner, 6:50PM, 3 spots left
• Illuminations cruise? (reservation pending)

Tuesday, December 11

• 9AM Tour Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts
• 10:30AM Tour Monorail resorts
• 12:00 noon Kona Café Lunch, 4 spots left
• Tour Beach Club/Yacht Club; other Epcot resorts if there is enough time

• 4 PM Culinary Tour at AKL

• 1900 Park Fare dinner, 6:30PM, 2 spots left

• Jellyrolls

Wednesday, December 12

Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (skipping the wildest rides)
• Mythos lunch or dinner

Thursday, December 13

• 9:00AM - 10:00AM Wilderness Lodge tour
• ~11:30 AM - 1:00PM Parasailing

Epcot
• Le Cellier dinner, 4:50PM, 1 spot left
• Candlelight Processional
• Illuminations

Friday, December 14

Magic Kingdom
• 9:00AM Magic Kingdom rollercoasters
• Crystal Palace breakfast, 10:25AM, 1 spot left
• Afternoon at Magic Kingdom

• Wolfgang Puck Café dinner, 6:30 PM, can probably add one more
• PI Comedy Club – “Comedy Warehouse” (two different shows)

Saturday, December 15

• Tusker House, Donald's Safari character breakfast (reservation pending, so let me know if you'd like to be included) -- 10AM?
• Depart

TempoNZ
06-30-2007, 05:56 PM
I could be interested in the Illuminations cruise (There would be 2 of us). I'll look over or iteniary and see if there is anything else that fit in but certanly keep me posted on the cruise.

DaisyDuck001
06-30-2007, 10:24 PM
I could be interested in the Illuminations cruise (There would be 2 of us). I'll look over or iteniary and see if there is anything else that fit in but certanly keep me posted on the cruise.

Hi TempoNZ,

I won't know until mid-September whether I am able to book the Illuminations cruise, but if I succeed in getting a reservation, it would be great if you two can go along. The boat holds ten people. I'll get back to you in September and let you know if it's on.

Meanwhile, if you decide you'd like to join anything else on my schedule, including meals where there are still at least two spots open, or any of the other activities, please feel free to let me know. It would be great to meet visitors from so far away!

Daisy

gingerbee1
07-07-2007, 11:22 AM
what is the Mouse Fest???? i know i have no clue what like anything is!!!! Sorry:confused:

Drince88
07-07-2007, 01:46 PM
what is the Mouse Fest???? i know i have no clue what like anything is!!!! Sorry:confused:

Mousefest.org (http://www.mousefest.org) - a gathering of Disney fans from all over. Take a look at the site for more info and sample activities from last year.

Personally, I have never been and I am really pumped to be going this year.

Basically, a great chance to meet authors (both print and on-line), podcasters, and other fans of Disney.

Mermaid
07-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Check out mousefest.org for more info but it is basically where all Disney Internet fans come together at Disney World! It sounds like a lot of fun!

sleepytoo
07-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Since I too have never been, I am just curious...do they have anything like selling collectables or anything like that? I am trying to find something and was just curious. It seems like that would be a good place to have like some sort of an expo.

BTW...it is the Marie Osmond Disney "Animal Kingdom" Tour Guide doll - just thought I would throw that out there, just in case :)

Mark Goldhaber
07-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Hmmmm.... Do you think that I should go? ;)

Seriously, though, I'm hoping (as the MouseFest 2007 land schedule coordinator) that the meets will start showing up on the MF web site by the end of the month. Nothing will be posted until some formal paperwork gets signed, and the paperwork has yet to be drafted.

In the meantime, I can tell you that MousePlanet is currently planning to host several events:

Mike Scopa and I will be hosting "MouseFest 101" from 1-2 p.m. on Thursday, 12/6 at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station lower seating area. It's basically going to be an introduction to MouseFest and what you should expect, aimed at first-timers.
Mike Scopa's Fourth Annual Dole Whip Meet will be held from 3-4 p.m. on Thursday, 12/6 at Aloha Isle in Adventureland. No further explanation necessary. ;)
David Koenig will be hosting a "Stroll in Card's Footsteps" historical walking tour of Epcot from 10-11 a.m. on Saturday, 12/8, recreating the original EPCOT Center of 25 years ago.
MousssseFest 2007, the third annual Shocolatte Mousssse meet, will be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m. on Saturday, 12/8 at Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot's France pavilion. Yum! :p
The third annual Mini-MouseAdventure will be held from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. on Sunday, 12/9, launching from and returning to the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station lower seating area. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :~D

There will also be a MouseStation/MousePlanetWatch podcast meet at a date, time and location to be determined. Let us know if you have any ideas for this one.

GusMan
07-07-2007, 04:48 PM
The third annual Mini-MouseAdventure will be held from 10 a.m.-12 p.m., launching from and returning to the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station lower seating area. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :~D
[/LIST]

Mark, which day will the Mini-MA be held? Or is that TBA?
Too bad I dont come in until Friday afternoon as I wanted to do the Dole Whip meet with Mike.
But I will surely be there for "MousssseFest" thats for sure. :)

Mark Goldhaber
07-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Mark, which day will the Mini-MA be held? Or is that TBA?
Too bad I dont come in until Friday afternoon as I wanted to do the Dole Whip meet with Mike.
But I will surely be there for "MousssseFest" thats for sure. :)
Sorry. Mini-MA is on Sunday. I've corrected the earlier post.

Mr.Abominable
07-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Sorry. Mini-MA is on Sunday. I've corrected the earlier post.

Yay for Mini Mouse Adventure!!!!!:)

TempoNZ
07-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Mike Scopa and I will be hosting "MouseFest 101" from 1-2 p.m. on Thursday, 12/6 at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station lower seating area. It's basically going to be an introduction to MouseFest and what you should expect, aimed at first-timers..

This soudns like a brillient idea. KEryna nd I will hopefully be attending. Being from so far away and not having met you all in person etc its kinda daunting coming to Mousefest so it'll be nice to get a bit of a 101 session before hand.