PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable things

skipperella
06-24-2002, 10:22 PM
What would you say are the most memorable parades, shows, or attractions from disneyland? What are the tangible things that people will always remember from disney?

awinner
06-24-2002, 10:47 PM
i liked the 30th b-day (i think that was the one),,,every 30th, 300th, 3000th, 30,000 would win a gift upon entering the park...i was lucky enough to get a limited mickey/minnie dolls...

Allysen1Derland
06-25-2002, 04:00 PM
Ooh, that's a toughie- 'cause there's so many! For me, I'd have to say the Electrical Parade. I loved it so much as a child, and when I used to work on Main Street, I would look forward to watching it go by my window every single night. I've only seen it once @ DCA, but I still think I liked it best on Main Street @ DL. For all the years its been a parade, I STILL get goose bumps every time I hear the music! I LOVE that catchy music, and I have yet to meet a peson who doesn't agree! One time I borrowed my brother's Electrical Parade/Fantasmic! C.D., and I actually found myself getting weepy for that parade while driving in my car!! How twisted is that? I just love it THAT much! I also thought Blast To The Past was a really fun parade. I didn't care too much for the "Blue Ribbon Fair" Ho-down parade (whatever it was called!). I remember there was a ferris wheel, and I remember hearing @ the time that Walt Disney never wanted a ferris wheel @ DL. Any truth to that rumor? Someone's gotta know the answer!

Matterhorn Fan
06-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by awinner
i liked the 30th b-day (i think that was the one),,,every 30th, 300th, 3000th, 30,000 would win a gift upon entering the park...i was lucky enough to get a limited mickey/minnie dolls... I won those same dolls! Most memorable entrance ever. :)

SpamSpamSpam
06-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Quite true. Disney was looking for something quite different as the park developed. Most will remember the controversy that erupted after the company introduced the "State Fair" theme a few years ago. I never objected since it seemed to fit with main street to have a wheel in the spot that now sports the bronze of Disney and his mouse pal.

heidiwhr
06-25-2002, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure if this really answers your question or not, but I will never forget the Blue Bayou or Pirates of the Caribbean. My hubby proposed over dinner at the BB. We have been married 5 1/2 years now and just took our 7 month old son to DL for the first time. Pirates was also the first ride he went on. I will be extremely upset if they ever took them out for something else!

Ace
06-25-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by SpamSpamSpam
Quite true. Disney was looking for something quite different as the park developed. Most will remember the controversy that erupted after the company introduced the "State Fair" theme a few years ago. I never objected since it seemed to fit with main street to have a wheel in the spot that now sports the bronze of Disney and his mouse pal.

State fair?

Hades
06-27-2002, 04:03 PM
Think of the "State Fair" event as "Mickey and friends go county fair". Disneyland was all decked out in the red white and blue ribbon motif. Every day, a different US State was saluted. There were even county fair type games held in the park.

Later, Disney tried a "Circus Days" theme, and ultimately, the "Disney Afternoon" Theme came to life. I guess the folks in entertainment will try anything once. Sometimes two or three times! :D

Like Allysen1Derland, I liked the "Blast to the Past" parade, but my all time fav was the "Party Gras" parade. The floats were amazing! It was very much like the feel of "Carnival" in Rio. A lot of fun.

I also still get a "charge" (bad pun!):D out of "The Electrical Parade". The song, "Baroque Hoedown" always gives me goosebumps when it starts up and the lights go down!:)

I think the funniest thing that I ever seen at the Park happened during the 30th Anniversary gift giveaway. I was in the park to just relax after working at the DLH shops. I went to the hub to watch the guests pull the "Gift Giver" handle to win thier prizes. The Grand Prize was a Geo car. Disney was giving away a car a day as the promotional hook for the 30th anniversary.

Anyway, this kid (about 12 or 13) comes up to the podium with his winning ticket, and the MC asks him his name and age and such, then has him go up and pull the lever. All of a sudden the Gift Giver goes into a huge production of fanfair and fireworks. Then the Gift Giver begins to rise up, and under the Gift Giver is a Geo Storm! Needless to say, the Hub was abuzz with well wishers! The kid was jumping up and down with the realization that he is now the owner of a brand new car.

Then the MC, after the excitement died down a bit, asked the kid where his parents were. The MC wanted it to be a chance for his family to come up and join him in the moment. At that moment, a look of panic crosses the kids face. He then confessed to the MC that HE WAS PLAYING HOOKY FROM HIS CLASSES THAT DAY! I about fell to the floor laughing! Talk about BUSTED! But I'm sure that his folks gave him a break from being grounded. They would get to drive the new car since the kid wouldn't be able to drive for another 6 years! :D