PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyers Island REFURBISHMENT

Disneyfreak
06-24-2002, 07:41 PM
When I went to Disneyland on the 22nd half of Tom Sawyers Island was closed. Also what ****ed me off was that the bridge is closed for good. One of the cms said that the country bears are comming their but I didnt buy that. Another Cm said that they were fixing the steps in the caves and things like that. The farthest you could go was just before the part with the balancing rock. That was closed off.

Gemini Cricket
06-24-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
One of the cms said that the country bears are comming their but I didnt buy that.
That would be a cool idea. You could take a raft over to watch the bears' show. It doesn't jive with the Tom Sawyer theme, but it would be exciting.
:)

tinkfreak
06-24-2002, 08:54 PM
I heard something about the Country Bears, too. Something like they're building a stage or a set on the Island for the bears in order to promote the movie. I'm envisioning a Club Buzzish type of show...

Of course that could be pure crap...just the current rumor.

dizneelover
06-24-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak
I heard something about the Country Bears, too. Something like they're building a stage or a set on the Island for the bears in order to promote the movie. I'm envisioning a Club Buzzish type of show...

Of course that could be pure crap...just the current rumor.

I hope not. One of the reasons I like Tom Sawyers Island is that nothing is there! It is just a quiet place to walk, climb, run around. Entertainment there would ruin it. The reason it would ruin it is this, with a show/entertainment comes more food for people to buy to keep them happy (and to put money in Disney's pockets). Another reason I like the island is that there is only 1 store on the entire island and it is hardly ever open!! I really hope this is just a stupi stupid untrue rumor

awinner
06-24-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
One of the cms said that the country bears are comming their but I didnt buy that.

Well they are there now...kinda.

I was at the park on saturday...went on the mark twain. as we went around the bend they did have a costumed country bear there waving at the people eating in the hungry bear restaurant (not sure the name of which bear...the one that looks kinda dumb) it was about 50-100 feet north of where people get off the rafts.

plutostyle
06-24-2002, 11:04 PM
I hope the Country Bear rumor isn't true. As much as I miss the bears, I respect the sanctity of the Island too much. The true spirit of the Island is for free play and childlike hijinx(?). Remember who the Island is named after.

DisneylandKid
06-25-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by dizneelover
there is only 1 store on the entire islandThere is? What/where is it?

corrinhorn
06-25-2002, 06:22 AM
It is inside the Fort. when you walk in go almost to the back and turn Left.

There is also an ODV wagon over there as well...

Mr. D. Duck
06-25-2002, 06:25 AM
Is that little shop still open? There's NO mention of it on the new maps.

cstephens
06-25-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by corrinhorn
It is inside the Fort. when you walk in go almost to the back and turn Left.

There is also an ODV wagon over there as well...

Just curious - when was the last time you saw the shop inside the Fort? There did used to be one ages ago, but it has been closed for some time now, unless for some reason they've recently decided to re-open it.

The ODV cart isn't always there - I think I've only seen it during summer, but then I don't always look over to the island.

tinkfreak
06-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I've worked in stores for a few years now, I pride myself that I've worked every location and worn every costume I'm allowed to, but I've never heard of a store on TSI. It would be really cool though!