PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Annual Passport

PartridgeFam 2004
06-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Is it me or do people think the Disneyland Annual Passort looks a little cheap compaired to the ones of past years. Its so plain looking to me. I think Disney should have different ones for each level of pass like some credit card companies do so you know by looking that you are a deluxe, Premium or So Cal pass holder:geek:

Malcon10t
06-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Is it me or do people think the Disneyland Annual Passort looks a little cheap compaired to the ones of past years. Its so plain looking to me. I think Disney should have different ones for each level of pass like some credit card companies do so you know by looking that you are a deluxe, Premium or So Cal pass holder:geek:Actually, I think that would add to people thinking APs flaunt their "position" at the park. I thought the ones at the park have been kinda plain the last 2 years, but no biggie. My favorite will always be the Mickey painting himself and its Walt.

As you said, this is your first PAP. I don't want to flaunt mine, draws too much negative attention. Don't put it in a lanyard, don't show it off around the park. Just use it when you need, then you won't be looking at the pas that often.

CaptainTom
06-26-2007, 10:30 AM
hey, what i dont understand (maybe because i have never been an ap holder) is why such the controverys over it, who cares if you are one or not, just enjoy it. Are there any other hidden advantages to having it besides the obvious?

Bytebear
06-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I did notice that about halfway between the 50th, they started using thinner plastic. I have two passes with the 50th logo, and one is definitely more rugged than the other. You can always renew online and get the "special" logo pass.

Malcon10t
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
hey, what i dont understand (maybe because i have never been an ap holder) is why such the controverys over it, who cares if you are one or not, just enjoy it. Are there any other hidden advantages to having it besides the obvious?No. You get food discounts and the premium gets merchandise discounts. You also on rare occasion get specials, like discounts on tickets or event specials.

There are a few APs that tend to think the AP gives them rights beyond admissions. They give the rest of the APs a bad name. Just like every other walk of life, one or two bad ones make all of the group look bad.

cstephens
06-28-2007, 08:14 AM
I think Disney should have different ones for each level of pass like some credit card companies do so you know by looking that you are a deluxe, Premium or So Cal pass holder:geek:

Why would people need to know what level of pass someone has? The only time that would be relevant would be for parking/admission to see if someone is blocked out and for discounts. And it's pretty obvious what kind of pass any particular one is - it says so right on the card.

I did notice that about halfway between the 50th, they started using thinner plastic.

I thought they started using the thinner ones so they could actually fit through the ticket scanners. The old passes were too thick for that. It doesn't happen often, but I'm actually happy when a CM actually puts my AP through the scanner as opposed to manually scanning it.

Burnt Toast
07-02-2007, 12:29 PM
hey, what i dont understand (maybe because i have never been an ap holder) is why such the controverys over it, who cares if you are one or not, just enjoy it. Are there any other hidden advantages to having it besides the obvious?

Because some P*******s think that just because they spent $129+ a year for an AP, that they get some sort of extra special treatment. They also use their AP status as a way to be way overbearing for both other Guests and Cast Members. These folks are ones that don't realize that an AP is just for discounts and admission year around (minus blockouts) into the Park... they think their pass makes them better and more important then your average Guest. Some APs have an entitlement mentality which turns them into P*******s.

If an AP automatically start most any conversation with "I'm an Annual Passholder and..." they are wrong. AP status should be on a need to know basis and should not be brought up in conversations unless it is warranted. As a Guest, you should not need to bring attention to yourself as an AP holder unless you are getting your discounts or coming into the Park at the gates.

It's unfortunate that a small group of P*******s ruin the reputation for everyone else that's an APer... but just like with any other "group" in the world, the bad ones are unfortunately the ones that will set the stereotype for the whole.

I've met some super awesome Annual Passholders in my time, a majority of them are, and I've met some not-so-great ones. Please be a good AP and be one of the super awesome ones... I love you guys. :P

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-02-2007, 07:59 PM
I happen to really like the one I have right now. It is Mickey in his blue suit with the metallic blue background. I am sad that I can't keep it for the coming year when I renew in November.

JamesDL
07-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with having an AP or not whether someone acts a certain way. That same "jerk" AP Holder would be a jerk whether they had an AP or not, whether it was on cheap paper or 24k gold. It's not holding an AP that makes them change, they are like that.

I used to work for a restaurant when I was in my teens, there were some customers that came and acted like the most childish jerks, even when they received great service. Well I used to wonder why they acted like that when they went to restaurants, but what I didn't realize is that they acted like that everywhere they went. I later worked for CircuitCity and BestBuy and there were those same EXACT people that would try to show off and try to elevate themselves over others.

Well guess what.... Those same people also have APs. It's not the AP that changes them. They were like that before.

danyoung
07-03-2007, 08:51 AM
While that's true, James, there are enough of the bad AP holders to give the rest of us a bad name just by association. I think the worst folks are the AP pintraders - talk aboutcher rude group of people!

cstephens
07-03-2007, 10:32 AM
I think the worst folks are the AP pintraders - talk aboutcher rude group of people!

But this falls into the trap of blaming an entire group for the actions of a few. Not all AP pin traders are rude. I've heard about many that are. They're just rude people. They just also happen to want to trade pins.

disneychick
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
It's just wrong to hold everyone accountable for the actions of a few. We're actually planning to upgrade our hoppers to deluxe annual passes on our upcoming trip, but only so we can squeeze in a trip at the end of a cruise next year and not have to pay for tickets. We're in Canada, so while we will technically be AP holders, we will only be able to visit the park twice in our year - yet from the sounds of it, we should expect attitude from people on our next trip, simply because our ticket is a plastic card and was the best way for us to save some cash? That's just nuts.

JamesDL
07-03-2007, 01:12 PM
It's just wrong to hold everyone accountable for the actions of a few. We're actually planning to upgrade our hoppers to deluxe annual passes on our upcoming trip, but only so we can squeeze in a trip at the end of a cruise next year and not have to pay for tickets. We're in Canada, so while we will technically be AP holders, we will only be able to visit the park twice in our year - yet from the sounds of it, we should expect attitude from people on our next trip, simply because our ticket is a plastic card and was the best way for us to save some cash? That's just nuts.

I agree with the top 2 posters above me.

These people (AP or not / pin trader or not) would be rude regardless if they had an AP. A very nice sweet person doesn't get a season pass and then turn into a rude person after years of being nice. Those pin traders are going to be rude that same day at the grocery store, at the mall, the beach, while driving, etc.

I don't know, when I go to DL with my friends, we are just with each other and we don't really let anyone ever get to us. We just go to have fun with each other and not some random people in line. So we don't notice the rude AP holders or really any rude people because we are having a blast with each other.