PDA

View Full Version : Photopass cd question?

mommyof4
06-26-2007, 06:01 AM
I was wondering a couple things about the photopass cd. Can you only do 1 for the whole family or does each person have to have a seperate one??
can you have them take the pictures and then if there isn't hardly any pictures taken , can you decide not to actually buy the cd? and how does the photo pass and the cd work??
Thanks

splash
06-26-2007, 06:21 AM
The first time they take your picture, they give you a photopass which you then show to each person who takes your picture. You have the option of viewing and buying pictures online, you don't have to buy the cd.

Drince88
06-26-2007, 06:27 AM
I have only done photopass stuff after I've gotten home, so someone else with 'in park' photopass experience will have to help out with that, if you need to know that information.

When you get home after your trip, you have to 'register' your photopass cards online. Make sure that whoever is potentially ordering the CD registers ALL of the cards* with their account, otherwise, each account has to get a CD which is going to up the price significantly. *If you are always all together, there's no reason to have more than one card (unless you forget it in the room one day, not that I've ever done anything like that :rolleyes:) - but this still holds if you're there with 3 other families and want to all go in together on the CD.

You do not have to decided if you want any specific prints, or even the CD until basically 30 days after you've registered the cards online. So you do NOT have to commit to buying the CD until after you see that you have enough 'good' pictures to be of value to you.

If you think you might like the CD - get a TON of pictures taken by the photopass people. I'd recommend just about every time you walk by one! And don't be afraid to ask them to snap a couple with your camera, either.

TamTab
06-26-2007, 07:38 AM
I have never gotten a photo pass cd but I do always purchase my prints at the park. What they do is scan your photo pass or passes and then all you prints appear on the computer. You can view and purchase the prints there or a cd there. You can also decide not to purchase anyhing and they will return your photopass too you. Then you have the option to purchase them from home.

Mrs Mouse
06-26-2007, 07:55 AM
A couple more quick photopass questions:

If you don't purchase the pictures in the park and decide to do so from home, do you have to print out the photos yourself or do they print them for you and then send them to you?

Also, if you're ordering the photos from home can you do the same little edit-y things that the people at the photo store in the park can do (i.e. add the little Disney graphics, etc.)?

neverlander
06-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Adding to the questions...
If you're planning on viewing and printing from home, do you have to do anything to "activate" your card before you leave the park? Or do you just hang on to your photopass and enter the code later?
Thanks.

TamTab
06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
A couple more quick photopass questions:

If you don't purchase the pictures in the park and decide to do so from home, do you have to print out the photos yourself or do they print them for you and then send them to you?

Also, if you're ordering the photos from home can you do the same little edit-y things that the people at the photo store in the park can do (i.e. add the little Disney graphics, etc.)?

They print them out for you and mail them so of course you will be charged for delivery for the photos you order

Yes you can add the characters signatures or even the little park symbol

Adding to the questions...
If you're planning on viewing and printing from home, do you have to do anything to "activate" your card before you leave the park? Or do you just hang on to your photopass and enter the code later?
Thanks.

Just hang on to you card for when you get home. There is a website on the back go there and set up the account

mommyof4
06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for all teh responces i do have another questions , when you buy the cd and take it home and go to print the pictures yourself can you add the sayings? also does the cdpackage come with anything else then the cd??
Thanks

percytheguineapig
06-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks for all teh responces i do have another questions , when you buy the cd and take it home and go to print the pictures yourself can you add the sayings? also does the cdpackage come with anything else then the cd??
Thanks

The answer to your first question is no.

When I first did one of these from Disneyworld, a castmember told me that the CD would actually include some overlays, plus software that you could use to do just what you were asking. But that turned out not to be true.

I was still satisfied with the CD though. I talked to another castmember to confirm what I'd been told before, and they set me straight, so at least I knew what to expect.

There is nothing else that accompanies the CD (to answer your 2nd question), except for the box that it comes in.

10stime
06-26-2007, 03:26 PM
You cannot add the extras once you have the cd at home. However, what I did after our christmas trip (it takes some time).....you can add different graphics and crop and zoom pictures and it just adds more copies of it to the file. So you will have the original and the same picture with the signature or frame or whatever else you add. We didn't really understand the photopass until we got home, I wish we had taken more opportunities to use it. We only had about 40 pictures but after I did all the different options for the pictures it ended up being about 120 pictures. It was well worth buying the cd if you take advantage of using the photopass because costco can enlarge and print stuff out at such a fraction of the price as it would be to order a few prints on the photopass website. I hope that made some sense :)

olegc
06-26-2007, 03:57 PM
1) gather all photopass cards from your visit
2) register at http://disneyphotpass.com
3) enter all of your photopass cards into one account
4) go ahead and add graphics and sayings (borders, logos, 2007, mickey's signature) to each photo you want and save it as a different photo - online (all the tools are there).
5) you can upload your own digital pictures and do the same. Add borders, logos, etc.
6) when you are done editing, and satisfied (take your time, you have a month). then order the ENTIRE set of photopass cards to your CD (you can even order stock photos of the parks and characters from the site).
7) if you want them to print your photos and send them to you - specific ones - you can do that IN ADDITION to ordering the CD.

NOTE - when you do this - you get a "license" to print the photos with all of the extras (like logos and borders) as much as you want. You can take them to a local photo processing center and have them professionally printed. You can do this because you have the CD. IF YOU ORDER PRINTS ONLY FROM DISNEY - YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO SCAN AND PRINT THE PHOTOS. Of course your conscience will guide you on this topic.

I did this for my trip to WDW in January (even bought the DVD with uploads). I also took digital pics of my "ride" photos like Everest and splash and added them to the set.

Gooch
06-26-2007, 05:38 PM
You ARE able to add graphics and borders to your photo pass pictures when you get home and log into the photopass site, HOWEVER, the graphics and borders are NOT as extensive as they are when you do your pictures in the park(s).

Also, when we were at the park, the cast members told us that you could put "300 pictures on the CD" when you order it from home. We, however, put 350+ pictures. They did send us the pictures in 2 CDs but we still paid the same price (I think it was a special at that time - the CDs were on special for $99).

going2disneyAZ
06-27-2007, 11:21 AM
2) register at http://disneyphotpass.com

should this read http://www.disneyphotopass.com/ ?

olegc
06-27-2007, 11:36 AM
should this read http://www.disneyphotopass.com/ ?

um, yes... sorry

mommyof4
06-27-2007, 12:33 PM
thaks for the quick responces