PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Question for recent park visitors?

TINKERISMYCAT
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Hello,

My 2 boys have been so excited about the Jedi Training Academy. They told me about it when I booked my trip. We looked at it on the Disney website and until I searched the threads here, I didn't realize you had to be picked for this:eek:. I haven't told my boys yet, because they have been telling everyone that they are going to take the Jedi Oath and I don't want their hearts to be broken because they don't get picked:crying:.

Anybody been lately to help with tips? Is it still to wear Star Wars shirts or Bright Colors and jump up and down with excitement?

Any tips would be so great!! Thanks!

May the Force Be With Us!!

adriennek
06-25-2007, 08:15 PM
I haven't told my boys yet, because they have been telling everyone that they are going to take the Jedi Oath and I don't want their hearts to be broken because they don't get picked:crying:.

Anybody been lately to help with tips? Is it still to wear Star Wars shirts or Bright Colors and jump up and down with excitement?

Tip #1: Tell them that there is no guarantee they'll be picked.

The heartbreak will be much worse if you don't.

My oldest two live and breathe jedi training. My kinder only writes stories about light saber fights. They call their father the jedi master. We've gone twice and did not get picked both times. It is a very real possibility.

DO NOT make a promise you cannot keep because it's out of your control.

You can make promises you can keep - you'll take them, you'll make every best try you can, you can even promise to go mulitple times if you're willing. But let them know.

Otherwise my tips are:

1- Go to the earliest shows you possibly can. The chances of the crowds being smaller are better at the earliest shows.

2- Yes, dress brightly and/or wear Star Wars logo'd or themed clothing if you can.

3- Yes, train them to jump up and down and show enthusiasm. I had to teach this to my kids. They'd jump and stop. I had to keep telling them - DO NOT STOP.

All of these will help, but, no, there's no guarantee - there's also no guarantee that they'll BOTH get picked in the same show. Let them know. You can just be matter of fact about it, but at least prepare them for the possibility.

Adrienne

SyntheticGlamour
06-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Well, I would assume you'd have to be noticable. So hopefully your boys are energetic! It's random though, but don't forget you can go again if it doesn't work out. You may want to explain it to them now or risk having to tell them once you're there if they don't get picked.

I hope they get picked! :D

princess- ada
06-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Make a sign. Sometimes children get noticed if they are holding a sign.

TINKERISMYCAT
06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks--I'm going to tell them--I have too!! It's just not right if I don't.

Now I have a NEW worry. I looked at the calender for the times we are going to be there and the Jedi Training is not on there!!

Do you think that it's just too soon and it will be added?
The Princess Training is on there already.

I went from not being picked, to not even seeing the Star Wars Characters! (which seeing the characters would be the next best thing to being picked)

YIKES!!!

nvmom
06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
How old are they? My 4 yr old was excited about this (we were there in March) until we actually got there. Thankfully he wasn't picked (and we didn't really make an effort to be) because Darth Maul (sp?) scared the heck out of him! :) I must say, he isn't to pleasant to look at.

Good luck to your boys!

nvmom

yenko427
06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
We went in May and were at the last show of the day and it was pretty quiet. I think Star Wars attire helps you (DS had a Star Wars shirt on), possibly bring your own light saber to wave. Also, we had a sign, and were the only ones with a sign when DS was chosen. We had a cute saying keeping with the Star Wars theme and the Jedi Master noticed it right away and he was the first one picked. I also agree with Adrienne is to prepare them for the possibility of not getting picked. We did this as well, just in case.

TINKERISMYCAT
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
My boys are 5 and 8. I don't think they will be scared, but good to know. I think we'll have grandma take my daughter 3 she WILL be scared. He is a frightening looking guy.

Fingers Crossed the show will be there in late August. Like I said the Disneyland vacation people told me about and I told the boys,so I hope it's still going on and the calender is not updated yet.

We will still have a great time, it is the Happiest Place on Earth :) It's just hard when you see them so excited about a certain event.

PS--I broke the news before putting them to bed--they said "don't worry we don't have to act excited and jump up and down we will be excited and jumping"---from the mouths of babes!!

Thanks!!

Mark Mywords
06-25-2007, 10:59 PM
We were in the park last week and my youngest (5 years) was picked on only our second try! We were very lucky.

Don't know about tips, but we did attend the first show both times. The first time, he was wearing a rather bland earth tone shirt. The second time, he was wearing a bright red DCA shirt. He was the last one picked from the audience on our last day in the park. It was perfect! He took on Darth Maul with just the right amount of gusto! :D

hlbtimes2
06-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Booking a VIP tour will help you get picked. :) Of course, $300 is a lot to pay for Jedi training! LOL