PDA

View Full Version : Characters doing strange things?

Pages : [1] 2

SyntheticGlamour
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
This was a while ago but something reminded me. A few months back I was on a site and it had pictures of the characters doing things they wouldn't normally be doing, like Belle was riding the carousel and things like that. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of characters doing cute or out of the ordinary things?

DisneyDustin22
06-25-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a picture of Mickey and Minnie riding the Tea Cups together on Christmas Eve one year just before closing. I'll have to find it.

Tinkermommy
06-25-2007, 07:41 PM
...pictures of characters doing cute or out of the ordinary things?

Not a character, but I have a wonderful picture of a CM at the Animation Studio frisking my dad. My dad actually has his hands on the wall, and the CM is "patting" him down. You had to be there, but it was over a churro, and was absolutely hilarious!

CookieBandit
06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Don't know if this qualifies - while waiting in line at City Hall, we saw Captain Hook (who had been taking photographs with kids) hide behind a trashcan and peer over it (towards Mary Poppins). And then he started digging in the trash.

It was pretty funny. I have a picture of him hiding by the trashcan, but not of him with his character paws :p in the trash (a kid was blocking the way).

TINKERISMYCAT
06-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Last year we saw, if I remember right Captain Hook, riding the Merry Go Round. My kids were laughing so hard. It was cute.

Clotho
06-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I have a pic of Chip n' Dale riding the Barnstormer! I loved seeing it, and the pics make me grin!

hlbtimes2
06-26-2007, 05:07 AM
I have a picture of Peter Pan tying my dd's shoes. Does that count? Here I'll post it:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/hlbtimes2/IMG_1451.jpg

julbright
06-26-2007, 05:26 AM
a few years ago the princesses had a playtime in front of the castle and i "think" they were doing the hokey pokey with my girls. I don't have the photos handy but I think that I have a couple.

Malificent also wrapped my youngest in her cape when she was 2 or 3 - like she was standing behind my daughter and when we were setting up to take the photo she flung her cape around her and my daughter disappeared.you couldn't even tell she was in there. my oldest about bust a gut laughing .

not really the same, but cute memories for us

and I love the peter pan tying the shoes - that is priceless !

backsthepack
06-26-2007, 06:05 AM
I have pictures of Mary Poppins riding the carousel, the golden horse that was on it for the 50th celebration.

Mrs Mouse
06-26-2007, 08:41 AM
I have a picture of Captain Hook about to be swallowed up by Monstro on the Storybookland Canal Boats. Right as I snapped it, he turned to look directly at the camera and wave. It's priceless! When I find it, I'll post it.

I've also got one of the Queen of Hearts acting the total opposite of her grumpy self, giving my DBF a big kiss on the cheek. She flirted with him the whole time we were with her - it was hilarious. I wish I'd had a video camera.

We also saw a particularly mischevious Tigger at Pooh Corner one day. While waiting for people to come take pictures with him, he'd look up in the sky and point. Then he'd walk to another area and look up again, acting all surprised and puzzled. This went on for a few minutes until nearly everyone in the surrounding area was staring up into the trees trying to see what Tigger had seen. Meanwhile, Tigger had snuck around behind everyone and was mocking them and laughing to himself. It was pretty cute.

bloodnswash
06-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy riding Gadget's Go Coaster in Toontown.

DopeyWife
06-26-2007, 09:37 AM
My daughter got to play duck-duck-goose with Mickey, Woody, and Cinderella in the Animation Building at California Adventure.

WDW heart
06-26-2007, 09:44 AM
I have a picture of my youngest riding Adventures of Winnie the Pooh with Eeyore @ WDW.

Mrs Mouse
06-26-2007, 09:46 AM
My daughter got to play duck-duck-goose with Mickey, Woody, and Cinderella in the Animation Building at California Adventure.

I've seen them do this before - it's just the cutest thing ever!

Chadsgal
06-26-2007, 09:53 AM
I have pictures of Mary Poppins riding the carousel, the golden horse that was on it for the 50th celebration.

I have a pic of not only Mary Poppins on the carousel but bert too!

codewoman
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I registered just so I could post to this. My sister and I went in 1980 and she was groped by Tweedle Dum (or was it Tweedle Dee). :eek: She didn't really mind so we didn't say anything

BIRDGIRLS
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
I have a picture of me, my sister, our friend, and our Cast Member friend on California Screamin'.

mikotorocks714
06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
If you think about it, it's not really strange for the characters to act "strange" sometimes. When I used to be monster talent at Knott's Halloween Haunt I used to talk to two other monsters that also worked at Disneyland as "stuffed" characters (for example Chip and Dale) and one of them would always tell me how she used to like scaring kids at Disneyland as Chip/Dale because she would be missing the feeling of scaring guests like at Halloween Haunt LOL. She did this all in good fun of course, but as I said if you think about it it's not that strange. All it is is just some regular person underneath a costume who's just as mischievous as a regular guest. :P

cillydznygirl
06-26-2007, 02:13 PM
My sister and I went in 1980 and she was groped by Tweedle Dum (or was it Tweedle Dee). :eek: She didn't really mind so we didn't say anything

LOL!! What?! Thats crazy............

disneyland addict13
06-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I have a video from when I was about 3 or 4. I was at the park with my entire family and Pinocchio grabbed my hat off of my head and started wearing it. I was really shy up until that point, but I got angry when he took it and pouted and tried to grab it back. I get really embarrassed when I watch the video now because I know he was obviously just kidding around with me, but I took it really seriously as a little kid. haha

TamTab
06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
My brother is in a wheelchair and when we went to see Goofy, Goofy grabbed my brothers chair and started pushing him around the room. Pluto and Minnie were there too and while they were trying to get pictures with other families Goofy would wheel my brother over to them and have a "sign language" conversation. Once he was done with that he wheeled my brohter out of the room and then a few minutes later brought him back so we could take our pictures.. It was very funny.

Trogdor the Burninator
06-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I have some pictures of Mickey and Pluto playing Dance Dance Revolution at the Starcade. They weren't very good at it though. : ) But it was cute to watch.

biolabetty
06-26-2007, 06:22 PM
I watched Peter Pan with a group of kids play hide and seek from Wendy on Main Street around the Fire Station. The kids were having a great time hiding from her, and then they would switch and Wendy and the kids would hide from Peter.

My kids made chocolate chip cookies on Main Street with Alice and the Mad Hatter, and when they were done, Alice came running after my son and gave him a big kiss. He's too young to know how special that was, but he does have a pretty outgoing personality, so both characters had his name memorized by the end of the cookie making.

cstephens
06-26-2007, 06:22 PM
We've had really good luck in the past with characters, but we haven't always gotten them on film. Tigger stole my shoe while the husband and I were having breakfast at Plaza Inn, and he left on break with it. On another Plaza Inn breakfast, it was again Tigger who was the most animated, playing with a friend's hair with a fork a la Ariel.

At one of our lunches at Ariel's Grotto, Pluto and Chip joined our table. (http://colddeadfish.net/images/Ariels/pluto_and_chip1.jpg) We were celebrating a friend's birthday, and Dale was playing with some of the red tissue paper she had. He stuck some in his hat and then had trouble picking a piece off the floor. (http://colddeadfish.net/images/Ariels/dale_fire3.jpg) We were sitting outside, and there were other characters inside, so Dale was pointing out his handiwork on his now-festive hat to Goofy, who is on the other side of the glass inside. (http://colddeadfish.net/images/Ariels/dale_fire5.jpg)

And then a few years ago, they had a country picnic in the summertime at Big Thunder Ranch, and some of us went there on July 17. Meeko was wandering around the picnic, and he was hysterical. We came to notice that Meeko apparently used to work Fantasmic because he was doing a lot of Fantasmic moves. When we mentioned that one of our friends was an Ariel lover, he coaxed her into recreating the Little Mermaid segment with him. Here's video of that. Yes, we're laughing really loudly. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DL71704/PrinceMeeko.asf) Meeko had so much fun with us that when he went on break, he managed to convey to us that he'd be back in X number of minutes and asked if we'd still be there. We'd already been there for a while, so we said no, we'd be gone by the time he got back. He was so upset that he had a fit and pouted!

LittleArtist
06-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I've seen Mickey riding the Astro-Orbitor with a little girl a little bit before park closing...I think it was one of those "dreams", the little girl sat in his lap and they rode in the car. It was so awesome to see him interacting w/guests, especially the little ones.