PDA

View Full Version : Late Feb/Early March Crowds

Renee
06-24-2002, 04:04 PM
How bad are the crowds in late February/early March? It is a busy time at Disneyworld since it is a big school vacation time. Is that the case for California as well? This is our first time going to Disneyland (been to Disneyworld) and we're really looking forward to going.
Thanks!! šoš
-Renee'

Sailor Butterfly
06-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Generally, spring break isn't until late March/early April, so the crowds shouldn't be too bad. Of course, weather is a big factor. If we get an early start to spring, look out. :eek:

Disney Nick
06-24-2002, 04:39 PM
A lot of schools have a "ski break" in mid-to-late february. This week is busier than a normal February crowd, but nothing like a summer.

mousey_girl
06-24-2002, 05:28 PM
Just keep in mind a lot of things go into rehab during this time, between the holiday season and spring break.

Not Afraid
06-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Easter is April 20th in 2003. Spring break (called Easter Break when I was a kid) usually is the week prior or the week after.

stinkerbell
06-24-2002, 06:37 PM
This is a great time to visit if you are worried about crowds, but I would be more worried about rides being refurbished. We've gone this time of year twice (my daughter's bday is March 7th) and really enjoyed the lack of crowds. In the past, the refurbishments were pretty light, but I have a feeling that next Feb./March, there will be a lot of rides down. Also, if you go during the week, the schedule is pretty sparse for shows, parades, no fireworks, and shorter hours, etc. But I would rather go to Disneyland in Feb./early March than the middle of the summer anytime! :) We're going in April next year (other daughter's bday) and I'm already thinking about the crowds and refurbishment schedule. I'm such a dork. :rolleyes:

Renee
06-26-2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks for all of the info! :) šoš